Health Care Thread

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Isn't it a requirement/common practice to accept the lowest bid for government contracts? If so, what could possibly go wrong!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
WASHINGTON - A tech firm linked to a campaign-donor crony of President Obama not only got the job to help build the federal health-insurance Web site - but also is getting paid to fix it.
Anthony Welters, a top campaign bundler for Obama and frequent White House guest, is the executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group, which owns the software company now at the center of the ObamaCare Web-site fiasco.
UnitedHealth Group subsidiary Quality Software Services Inc. (QSSI), which built the data hub for the ObamaCare system, has been named the new general contractor in charge of repairing the glitch-plagued HealthCare.gov.

I am simply shocked that a company was hired to do medical database coding, that is owned by a health insurance firm (so presumably has experience in that kind of work).

Why didnt Obama hire Blizzard or SOE?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
WASHINGTON - A tech firm linked to a campaign-donor crony of President Obama not only got the job to help build the federal health-insurance Web site - but also is getting paid to fix it.
Anthony Welters, a top campaign bundler for Obama and frequent White House guest, is the executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group, which owns the software company now at the center of the ObamaCare Web-site fiasco.
UnitedHealth Group subsidiary Quality Software Services Inc. (QSSI), which built the data hub for the ObamaCare system, has been named the new general contractor in charge of repairing the glitch-plagued HealthCare.gov.

I am simply shocked that a company was hired to do medical database coding, that is owned by a health insurance firm (so presumably has experience in that kind of work).

Why didnt Obama hire Blizzard or SOE?
Because Blizzard and SOE didn't donate enough to the Obama campaign?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So if there are any Obama donors in the United HealthCare Group's pool of 120,000+ employees, that automatically makes any work awarded to them a crony contract

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Read it twice. What's your point? You dont even know who built the website and you sit here accusing people of being stupid.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Read it twice. What's your point? You dont even know who built the website and you sit here accusing people of being stupid.
My point is that you lack any kind of reading comprehension. Or perhaps blatant cronyism is perfectly fine in your world as long as its done by those you approve of politically?

As to which company built the website, I'm fully aware that multiple companies were involved with it. Whether the company mentioned in the NYPost article is the same company responsible for the pirated code is irrelevant to the point I was making. I merely threw the NYpost article out as an offhand response to your ridiculous attempt to dismiss the issue of using pirated code.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
My point is that you lack any kind of reading comprehension. Or perhaps blatant cronyism is perfectly fine in your world as long as its done by those you approve of politically?

As to which company built the website, I'm fully aware that multiple companies were involved with it. Whether the company mentioned in the NYPost article is the same company responsible for the pirated code is irrelevant to the point I was making. I merely threw the NYpost article out as an offhand response to your ridiculous attempt to dismiss the issue of using pirated code.
I dont see any "blatant cronyism'. This company built the only part of healthcare.gov that works well, and now you're acting shocked that they were tasked with fixing the rest? All I see is an idiot with a keyboard, pissing into the wind, and spraying himself in the face.

As far as this pirated code goes, tell me more about it. What exactly makes this code "pirated"?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I dont see any "blatant cronyism'. This company built the only part of healthcare.gov that works well, and now you're acting shocked that they were tasked with fixing the rest? All I see is an idiot with a keyboard, pissing into the wind, and spraying himself in the face.

As far as this pirated code goes, tell me more about it. What exactly makes this code "pirated"?
You're like an angry chimp desperately flinging shit in every direction hoping some of your shit sticks so you can feel like you are making an argument.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You're like an angry chimp desperately flinging shit in every direction hoping some of your shit sticks so you can feel like you are making an argument.
Bro, I am calmly replying to your hysterical hand wringing. Tell me more about this "cronyism" and "prated code".

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Take a 5min breather and then come back here and try to articulate your thoughts, Blakkheim.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So you can't articulate or expand on the point you're supposedly making?

Come on bro, take another breather and give it another go. I'm very open minded and patient.

Tell me more about this "cronyism" and "pirated code". I dont like either of those things and am very critical of anyone who steals or engages in cronyism.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
So you can't articulate or expand on the point you're supposedly making?

Come on bro, take another breather and give it another go. I'm very open minded and patient.

Tell me more about this "cronyism" and "pirated code". I dont like either of those things and am very critical of anyone who steals or engages in cronyism.
What the hell is there to articulate or expand upon? The two articles I have linked are so damn straight forward and simple to understand, even a 3rd grader could get them. The article on the pirated software spells out exactly what they did and even gives an example for fucks sake. You're not open minded. This is just a game to you. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing because you have no other response to this epic cluster fuck known as Healthcare.gov.

OK, now I'm really done this time.
tongue.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a clusterfuck, but I don't think I'd call it "epic" yet. Lets reserve that word for things like the Iraq war.