Health Care Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What the hell is there to articulate or expand upon? The two articles I have linked are so damn straight forward and simple to understand, even a 3rd grader could get them. The article on the pirated software spells out exactly what they did and even gives an example for fucks sake. You're not open minded. This is just a game to you. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing because you have no other response to this epic cluster fuck known as Healthcare.gov.

OK, now I'm really done this time.
tongue.png
So instead of telling me about the cronyism or pirated code, you decide to waste even more time and just keep referring to the article.

It looks like you weren't expecting to get called out, went in with guns blazing and got your ass handed to you.

So tell me more about this cronyism. Is it cronyism when a company that demonstrates itself as competent and has experience in the industry is awarded a contract? Tell me more about this pirated code. What do you think makes it pirated? I want to know what you are specifically upset with so we can get right to the meat of the debate.

Also yeah, a broken website isn't an "epic clusterfuck". The entirety of ACA is not healthcare.gov. You can still register via mail, phone, etc.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
It's a clusterfuck, but I don't think I'd call it "epic" yet. Lets reserve that word for things like the Iraq war.
No, the Iraq war would be considered a Galactic clusterfuck. There is a progression you have to work through. I expect that Obamacare will reach the Galactic level at some point in the next few years.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
No, the Iraq war would be considered a Galactic clusterfuck. There is a progression you have to work through. I expect that Obamacare will reach the Galactic level at some point in the next few years.
So you're saying that "Obamacare" will cost us more than $4 trillion dollars, kill over 3,000 Americans, 100,000+ foreigners and cause us to lose international prestige?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So after a quick google search it looks like the CEO of UnitedHealth Group donated primarily (if not exclusively) to Republicans. Furthermore, UHG seems to have like 10~ different Executive Vice Presidents.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not even sure where on the "piracy" spectrum this even lands. Using open source code but not giving attributions...er, I mean when I see people talk about piracy I guess this isn't really what comes to mind.

But who knows.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I'm sure the open source guy is crying hard about the association with the Obamacare website is obfuscated...

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Why are republicans so bad at this, it's like we get a new dumb fuck every week that comes in retards a blazing posting bullshit they are too fucking stupid to understand. It's like kamikaze pilots, retards crashing and burning and they just keep coming thinking that bubble they live in will protect them.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Brosar...ever vigilant, always on that wall defending us against the tyranny of retards.

There's plenty of shit wrong with the ACA and healthcare.gov but it just shows the level of intelligence that the mouth breathers that hate him so much still can't post a credible article with credible info and will always resort to flinging the latest shit that came out of Glen Beck's or Roger Ailes assholes. Where was all this outrage when the Bush Administration was passing out no bid contracts to Haliburton for tens of billions of dollars?

Dumbfuck hypocrites. They can feel their relevancy slipping through their fat, type two diabetes sausage fingers and there's nothing they can do about it except rage on the internet. Feels Goodman.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
1 of UHG's ten Executive Vice Presidents donated to Obama's campaign, ergo... something...

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Brosar...ever vigilant, always on that wall defending us against the tyranny of retards.

There's plenty of shit wrong with the ACA and healthcare.gov but it just shows the level of intelligence that the mouth breathers that hate him so much still can't post a credible article with credible info and will always resort to flinging the latest shit that came out of Glen Beck's or Roger Ailes assholes. Where was all this outrage when the Bush Administration was passing out no bid contracts to Haliburton for tens of billions of dollars?

Dumbfuck hypocrites. They can feel their relevancy slipping through their fat, type two diabetes sausage fingers and there's nothing they can do about it except rage on the internet. Feels Goodman.
LMAO at you guys! Seriously, its like one giant Obama knob slobing festival inside of an echo chamber in here.

There's some fascinating information here that you guys should try to read some time. I think I've already witnessed about 3 or 4 of these in the last dozen or so posts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I don't get into the general board discussions very often so just to set the record straight, I'm not a republican and I did not support Bush. As a matter of fact, I would say I pretty much despise Bush and fox news and the Republican party.

You can now go back to your strawmen, red herrings, and other general circle jerk Obama cocksucking.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Sorry you linked a NY Post article that attempted to argue that because 1 of 10 UHG Executive Vice Presidents donated to Obama it's somehow "crony politics" even though the fucking CEO of the company supports Republicans. Maybe if you got into "general board discussions" more often, you'd realize that the NY Post is fucking dogshit?

In other words, you don't belong here. Cry more, and get. The. Fuck. Out.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
LMAO at you guys! Seriously, its like one giant Obama knob slobing festival inside of an echo chamber in here.

There's some fascinating information here that you guys should try to read some time. I think I've already witnessed about 3 or 4 of these in the last dozen or so posts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I don't get into the general board discussions very often so just to set the record straight, I'm not a republican and I did not support Bush. As a matter of fact, I would say I pretty much despise Bush and fox news and the Republican party.

You can now go back to your strawmen, red herrings, and other general circle jerk Obama cocksucking.
Hey dumbshit, I am on record as being opposed to the ACA, I want it repealed, and I think Obama is a generally crappy President. The fact that you blindly link an article and can't actually quote anything from that article (NY Post, lol), shows that you are a dumb dumb. Citing your sources means a little more than just dumping a fucking link in a post. If that article proves what you said it does, it wouldn't take more than 2 minutes for you to shove it in our faces. But instead you resort to name calling and poo flinging. *Yawn*

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Hey dumbshit, I am on record as being opposed to the ACA, I want it repealed, and I think Obama is a generally crappy President. The fact that you blindly link an article and can't actually quote anything from that article (NY Post, lol), shows that you are a dumb dumb. Citing your sources means a little more than just dumping a fucking link in a post. If that article proves what you said it does, it wouldn't take more than 2 minutes for you to shove it in our faces. But instead you resort to name calling and poo flinging. *Yawn*
You guys can take from the NYPost article whatever you want. I don't really give a shit. Like I said earlier, I only posted it as an offhand response to your hero Araysar's pathetic attempt to blow off the article taking about the software theft.

Here's the direct quote from the software article,

"While using open-source software is fine, the makers of Healthcare.gov decided to blatantlyremove all references to its owners or the original copyright license.

In other words, they simplytook the open-source software and are passing it off as their own, a clear violation of the GPL v2 and BSD (3-point) licenses DataTables uses."

So are they full of shit? Are they just making this up? Is Healthcare.gov perfectly fine to disregard a copyright since it is considered open source? If so, then what the fuck is the point of the copyright?

As I said before, I don't claim to be a copyright attorney.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Look dude, I kinda hope the whole thing burns to the ground so we can start over again. If Obama has to be sacrificed to make that happen, so be it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Open source 'copywrite' laws aren't dealt with legally 99% of the time. And I'd say 99.9% for HTML related stuff personally.

Like for the bazillion Linux variants - many oopsed on various credits for OS but only ever heard of one suit out of hundreds of cases.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You guys can take from the NYPost article whatever you want. I don't really give a shit. Like I said earlier, I only posted it as an offhand response to your hero Araysar's pathetic attempt to blow off the article taking about the software theft.

Here's the direct quote from the software article,

"While using open-source software is fine, the makers of Healthcare.gov decided to blatantlyremove all references to its owners or the original copyright license.

In other words, they simplytook the open-source software and are passing it off as their own, a clear violation of the GPL v2 and BSD (3-point) licenses DataTables uses."

So are they full of shit? Are they just making this up? Is Healthcare.gov perfectly fine to disregard a copyright since it is considered open source? If so, then what the fuck is the point of the copyright?

As I said before, I don't claim to be a copyright attorney.

So someone removed some copyright text from open-source software. Holy shit, stop the presses.

Quickly, someone tell me what was the amount of financial damages that were incurred? Why did a private company use "pirated code" in building a government website?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
So someone removed some copyright text from open-source software. Holy shit, stop the presses.

Quickly, someone tell me what was the amount of financial damages that were incurred? Why did a private company use "pirated code" in building a government website?
What kind of incompetent administration would hire such a company? Where does the buck stop?