Health Care Thread

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Are you referring to the financial sector that has congress and the SEC bought and paid for and is protected through regulatory capture?
According to you, everything private sector is good, while everything public sector is bad. Are you trying to move the goalposts now to exempt the financial sector from that equation? If so, there are a shit ton of examples of non-financial, private sector corporations getting away with murder, literally. Why do you live in such a fog? Are you on drugs or something?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Blakkheim, are you a white middle aged male?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I think Fanaskin said it well. People are people whether they are in the private sector or in the government sector. There are a ton of evil shitbags that exist in both. Only one though has any kind of mechanism in place to deal with them.
You are absolutely right.
rrr_img_48456.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little late to this, Blakkheim is your current complain about the healthcare.gov website:
1. They didn't follow the GPL license in some of their code.
2. One of the VPs donated to Pres. Obama?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
According to you, everything private sector is good, while everything public sector is bad. Are you trying to move the goalposts now to exempt the financial sector from that equation? If so, there are a shit ton of examples of non-financial, private sector corporations getting away with murder, literally. Why do you live in such a fog? Are you on drugs or something?
No it sounds like it is you who are living in a binary level of thinking. I never said "everything in the private sector is good". I said one has a mechanism to hold people accountable. The other, for all practical purposes, does not, with exception of the voting booth. I am WELL aware of corporations getting away with all kinds of shit including murder. The only way they get away with it is due to the connections and power they have through the government.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
If you click the article he linked, the VP that donated to Obama was black. Real black. Like 1964 Harlem black.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I have no idea what you think other than that you consider 1 Executive Vice President "crony politics."

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
No it sounds like it is you who are living in a binary level of thinking. I never said "everything in the private sector is good". I said one has a mechanism to hold people accountable. The other, for all practical purposes, does not, with exception of the voting booth. I am WELL aware of corporations getting away with all kinds of shit including murder. The only way they get away with it is due to the connections and power they have through the government.
You do realize that the anti-government crowd that you seem to be so enamored with would do away with all regulation of the private sector right? If you think private corps get away with murder now, wait till the Tea Party gets a hold of the government for a generation. You're talking out of both sides of your ass right now. I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So its the government's fault that corporations are routinely bribing them and throwing money at them to circumvent laws and punishments.

Algiz

N00b
So the private sector has mechanisms to hold its actors accountable, except when it doesn't.

Okay.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So who's fault it is when corporations spend hundreds of millions on lobbyists every year?

Algiz

N00b
So who's fault it is when corporations spend hundreds of millions on lobbyists every year?
Obama's. The buck stops there, mostly because that VP gave it to him.

(I do wish that government officials had the moral strength to not be swayed by lobbyists/donations/whatever. I also wish unicorns existed.)

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
You do realize that the anti-government crowd that you seem to be so enamored with would do away with all regulation of the private sector right? If you think private corps get away with murder now, wait till the Tea Party gets a hold of the government for a generation. You're talking out of both sides of your ass right now. I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.
LOL hyperbole much?

I'm out to take care of some other stuff.

In the mean time, I leave you with this to continue your O' circle jerk.
obama.unicorn.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
LOL hyperbole much?

I'm out to take care of some other stuff.

In the mean time, I leave you with this to continue your O' circle jerk.
obama.unicorn.jpg
I think you'll find that most of us are critical of Pres. Obama. It's just that we find real issues with his policies instead of parroting dumb shit. Lately you'll find that the only time we defend him is when someone posts easily refutable and inane partisan garbage about him.