Health Care Thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You can't say that a "private industry" built obamacare, because the whole point about government getting involved is that they distort free markets, and yes if you monumentally fuckup a rollout like that Including not the website but the information backend that is supposed to get information to insurers which is not functioning correctly, that company should be hammered for doing a bad job, not get rewarded with a new contract, this is why it distorts the system.

people are people whether they work in government or business but in the business world you are held accountable by how much money you lose, government has nearly unlimited money(and yes large corporations, which isn't it funny how they come to closer resemble each other the larger each gets).

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Private sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Find out what happened, who is responsible, fire their asses, find better people, fix the problem.

Public sector: Massive clusteruck happens? First deny the problem exists, once problem becomes overwhelming and obvious, point fingers and blame someone else, sweep problem under the rug, move on to next clusterfuck.
Yes, the private sector is so honorable, pure and accepts responsibility willingly.

FukushimaDaiichiTEPCOmarked2-1.png

exxon-valdez-tanker_3196.jpg

alg_oil_rig_explosion.jpg

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So who gets the blame for this? Fucking Santa Clause?

P.S. Proceed with your ad hom attacks on the source.
Why can't your brain figure out that whoever built the website should get the blame? Do you think Obummer was involved with the coding or is somehow a tech expert and should have seen this coming?

What other things should we blame Obama for since he's the Executive in Chief? Late mail? E. coli outbreaks at some spinach farm? Friendly fire incidents in combat?

At what point do you understand how delegation of responsibility works, whether its the hallowed private sector or the evil gubmint?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
but in the business world you are held accountable by how much money you lose
Nope.

See all failed CEOs who get another crack at running a company, or golden parachutes that they get, or criminal charges they always avoid.

There are more irrational actors in the private sector than there are in the public sector.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Virginia Democrat (Candidate) Calls For Forcing Doctors To Accept Medicare And Medicaid Patients

Granted, this is just some idiot who's not in Congress proposing something ridiculous, it is thought provoking because I have heard anecdotes of many doctors refusing to see Medicare/Medicaid patients because the government keeps cutting compensation for their visits. What choice do Democrats have, other than to "force" doctors to accept them, since Congress is clearly unwilling to properly fund the programs?
So the party of slavery is going back to their roots? I wonder what kind of implications this would have for the 13th Amendment.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So blakkheim is a middle aged teatard by the looks of it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Private sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Find out what happened, who is responsible, fire their asses, find better people, fix the problem.

Public sector: Massive clusteruck happens? First deny the problem exists, once problem becomes overwhelming and obvious, point fingers and blame someone else, sweep problem under the rug, move on to next clusterfuck.
Simplistic, binary reasoning at work. One side has to be good and one side has to be bad. NO MATTER WHAT! You're really not too smart are you? Complex, nuanced issues aren't your strong suit I'm guessing.

Do we really have to get into the endless examples of the private sector being anything BUT accountable for their actions? Are you really that oblivious to the world around you?

Algiz

N00b

Financial sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Roll around in piles of money anyway.

Journalist sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.

FoH sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Fucking mods.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What kind of incompetent administration would hire such a company? Where does the buck stop?
As people mentioned before, where was the outrage at all of the mismanagement and outright criminal actions during the Bush era in Iraq, for example? The roles were reversed and Liberals were told that their complaints, which were far more egregious than not citing open source code, weren't an issue and that they simply didn't understand the complexity of the situation there.

As far as where the buck stops? It will stop in the exact same fashion as it did for Bush - it will eventually have an effect on Obama's legacy (much like what happened with Bush) and it will probably be a factor in a future election, perhaps 2016 (again, much like with Bush). The only question though is how much of an effect it will have, and I have to tell you - regardless of your bias confirming temper tantrum about"OPEN SOURCE COPYRIGHT ATTRIBUTION OH THE HUGE MANATEE WARBLEGARBLE", this is a pretty fucking minor issue to be waving around as an example of malfeasance.

And here, let me put this into perspective for you. I just now went to my Google news tab and threw in "Pirated code". This is what I saw:

rrr_img_48455.jpg

Well, would you take a look at #1. It's an article by the exact same people that wrote the article you linked earlier, only now they're helpfully illustrating that METRIC FUCKTONS OF PEOPLE DO THIS. It isn't a rare thing, it isn't unusual. People tried telling you this but you were too focused on pushing through the point of "OH NOES" that you didn't want to listen.

RIAA and BPI Use Code on Their Websites | TorrentFreak

These type of violations are not unique, and can be found in many websites all over the Internet. Still, from outfits whose raison d'?tre is protecting copyrights, we have to expect that these issues are carefully checked.

The violations were probably caused by the web developers who coded the RIAA and BPI sites. We doubt that any of the higher ranked executives know about it, but next time they may want to instruct their coders to keep their site free from copyright infringements.

This is not the first time that an anti-piracy group has been accused of pirating software. A few years ago the MPAA removed the linkware license form Patrick Robin's Forest Blog software. The movie industry group later said that this was a mistake, and it was only used for testing purposes.
Just READ that shit. Your own source is now pointing out how common this is, that the RIAA and BPI themselves are guilty of it, and they then go on to talk about how the violations "were probably caused by the web developers" and they doubt that any of the higher ranking executives knew about it. This after you were trying to make a "WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP?" argument as if we should go out and grab our torches and pitchforks and head over to the WH to hold Obummer personally responsible.

Explain to me if you will why people should get their jimmies rustled at Obama when by any other metric NO ONE HOLDS CEOS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT SOME RETARD MINION IN A CUBICLE DID [in regards to open source code, natch]. What makes Obama different that we must accede to your insistence that Obama be held responsible. Surely it wouldn't be because you have a political motivation to do so, no no no thatCOULDN'Tbe the reason could it?

What about their comment I quoted above:

but next time they may want to instruct their coders to keep their site free from copyright infringements.
I mean, would that be enough for you? If Obama were to wag his finger at these contractors, would you be satisfied? Or are you going to keep demanding a different standard here?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The most comical part is that the government *DID* hire someone to fix the problem with healthcare.gov

Was Blakkheim finally happy that something was being done about it?

Nah, he accused Obama of cronyism and handing out crony contracts.

You just cant win with these people, everything he does is an offense to them.

NmHce09.png

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Financial sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Roll around in piles of money anyway.

Journalist sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.

FoH sector: Massive clusterfuck happens? Fucking mods.
Are you referring to the financial sector that has congress and the SEC bought and paid for and is protected through regulatory capture?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Are you referring to the financial sector that has congress and the SEC bought and paid for and is protected through regulatory capture?
I dont think its the same financial sector. According to you, they are honorable, responsible and pure. And bribery sounds like none of those things to me.

Algiz

N00b
Are you implying that one of the problems with the current state of government is private influence instead of a generic widespread public incompetence?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Simplistic, binary reasoning at work. One side has to be good and one side has to be bad. NO MATTER WHAT! You're really not too smart are you? Complex, nuanced issues aren't your strong suit I'm guessing.

Do we really have to get into the endless examples of the private sector being anything BUT accountable for their actions? Are you really that oblivious to the world around you?
I think Fanaskin said it well. People are people whether they are in the private sector or in the government sector. There are a ton of evil shitbags that exist in both. Only one though has any kind of mechanism in place to deal with them.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Are you implying that one of the problems with the current state of government is private influence instead of a generic widespread public incompetence?
I dont think he realizes the irony.