Health Problems

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
CBT is good evidence based treatment for anxiety disorders. Evidence does not support using THC as treatment for anxiety disorders. So far, there is no convincing evidence that marijuana helps mental health conditions at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
If she's finally starting to get sick of the pills though and looking for alternatives that is a good sign at least.

That's where it has to start. So that's good news.

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't know enough about eye values to know for sure but I had my eyes checked today and the doctor said my current glasses give me 20/20 but that prescription was 2 years old and -2/-1.75 +1.5/+1.5 and axis 90/89. New prescription is -3.5/-3.75 +1.5/+1.25 axis 180/180.
Now call me nuts but if my current glasses are fine, why are the values so far different than I am using.
I overheard them in the next room arguing over mixing up records while I was there, is it possible I got someone elses prescription or are those really considered close.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I don't know enough about eye values to know for sure but I had my eyes checked today and the doctor said my current glasses give me 20/20 but that prescription was 2 years old and -2/-1.75 +1.5/+1.5 and axis 90/89. New prescription is -3.5/-3.75 +1.5/+1.25 axis 180/180.
Now call me nuts but if my current glasses are fine, why are the values so far different than I am using.
I overheard them in the next room arguing over mixing up records while I was there, is it possible I got someone elses prescription or are those really considered close.

Sounds fucked up. Going up 1.5-2 diopters is a significant difference.

Oldbased

> Than U
You'll definitely find out if they fucked up when you try your new glasses on.
That's the thing it was an actual eye doctor office not a eyeglass place like Vision Works or whatever. The eye doctor did ask where I buy my glasses and I said 2 years ago from Zenni but I was going to shop elsewhere due to the Hannity boycott and he got agitated and snapped at me nothing was wrong with the glasses I already had and they gave me 20/20 then filled out the prescription. I couldn't see it for an hour after I left though due to the dilation.

They knew you were diabetic right?
They were told, hell I brought in a full medical list/drug list for them. They ran the extra tests and found nothing which to me is odd since the reason I went in the first place is lately sometimes my eyes just don't work. I see flashes, dancing stars, foggy vision, blurry sight and so on. Other than the floaters it has been a week or so since I had the cloud vision though. The office staff doing the actual tests were right though I spend a extreme time staring at monitors and don't use eye drops. She claimed possibly eye fatigue and dryness and told me to look off out the window every 30 minutes or less and use drops.

It just doesn't feel right at all to me. I just wanted an opinion on if the values can change that much and the old value still be 20/20. Several places run $10 exams at times, I could wait for one of those and get tested again.
The fact I overheard the eye doctor attacking an office person over transcribing the wrong data on the wrong chart WHILE I am there doesn't help. He even said he fixed it on his end but one of them was going to have to go back and do it in the computer, records. It makes me wonder if it was my damn record that got messed up since it appears it just happened. They had 3 others in there including one in surgery.

I dunno, I am just concerned and I am not going to order anything until I am convinced this is right. Looking back on the last 15 years of eye prescriptions the sphere is double any more and axis is way off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know any place that would swing values that much. Are your sugar levels good? Blurry and cloudy vision are symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I would call them and ask, tell them you were confused by what was said vs. the written script...also you could very kindly point out that you heard they were having some trouble with records...blame it on the system and not on the data enter for some sympathy...they may have helped you without that, but they will be more helpful if you are 1. showing ypu need help, 2.empathetic to their plight.

I currently am sitting in an exam room, waiting to talk to the breast surgeon. I need a drink.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just so people don't think I am crazy lol.
Yes the PD is different, the first one I actually used some crappy ruler downloaded off Zenni's years back and came up with that. I did have them take it yesterday and they used a machine to do it and she hand wrote it on, so I am pretty sure they at least got that right.

eye.png

see1.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
I would call them and ask, tell them you were confused by what was said vs. the written script...also you could very kindly point out that you heard they were having some trouble with records...blame it on the system and not on the data enter for some sympathy...they may have helped you without that, but they will be more helpful if you are 1. showing ypu need help, 2.empathetic to their plight.

I currently am sitting in an exam room, waiting to talk to the breast surgeon. I need a drink.

Huh. I thought they'd decided it was a no surgery required kind of deal.

Well that blows.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Outpatient surgery for excision and biopsy is scheduled...the needle biopsy albeit with benign results was too limited a sample. The grouped clarifications plus my ultra dense tissues plus family hx have all the docs erring on the side of caution.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't mean to speak for everyone but I do find it safe to say that we all need some clarification about your boobs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I don't mean to speak for everyone but I do find it safe to say that we all need some clarification about your boobs.
They are damn near non existent at my current wt. of 119, but the nipples remain excellent and a good bra falsely advertises very well.
If I can access my mammogram images, I will post!

Oldbased

> Than U
Just so people don't think I am crazy lol.
Yes the PD is different, the first one I actually used some crappy ruler downloaded off Zenni's years back and came up with that. I did have them take it yesterday and they used a machine to do it and she hand wrote it on, so I am pretty sure they at least got that right.

View attachment 147161

View attachment 147162
Went in today and according to the doc these two are nearly identical prescriptions. -2.0 -1.25 92 is almost identical to -3.5 +1.5 180. He said it was a different way of doing the eye math. Seemed odd to me as -2+-1.25 would be 3.25 and slight adjustment -3.5 is fine but how does the now +1.5 play into it and the axis rotated completely. I'm not sure but going to take his word for it and just order some glasses. Looking back on all my eye prescriptions over 20 years I never saw it done that way but hey, he is the doc.