Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sorry bro. Do they just have to punch it out and that's it?

They have to go back and make a larger incision to make sure all of the cancerous borders are gone. Per the hubby, he said it's luckily very early.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

iannis

Musty Nester
From what I know of it melanomas are dangerous because of how fast they spread. Excise it early and it's nothing to be concerned about.

I think it leaves a scar because they have to cut it down to the muscle. So you can tell him how sexy scars are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
They have to go back and make a larger incision to make sure all of the cancerous borders are gone. Per the hubby, he said it's luckily very early.
Is there like a general age when you're supposed to start checking for melanomas? Like should people go to the dermatologist regularly? Not like I can physically check every place on my body for one.

iannis

Musty Nester
Depends on your sun exposure, if you have a family history of it, your complexion, stuff like that.

It's mostly something that happens to the very fair skinned. Or people who work in the sun all day for 30 years straight. Or women that tan for beauty.

I'd say you shouldn't bother worrying about it before your 50's or 60's. And just a look over in the shower every so often should be fine. You see a weird spot, it looks like a weird spot, it's still there next month, it's gotten bigger, it looks sort of red and angry. Might be something to think about.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Depends on your sun exposure, if you have a family history of it, your complexion, stuff like that.

It's mostly something that happens to the very fair skinned. Or people who work in the sun all day for 30 years straight. Or women that tan for beauty.

I'd say you shouldn't bother worrying about it before your 50's or 60's. And just a look over in the shower every so often should be fine. You see a weird spot, it looks like a weird spot, it's still there next month, it's gotten bigger, it looks sort of red and angry. Might be something to think about.

Good call. I'm anal about sun exposure these days. I'd rather be pale and have great skin than a tan heh. Not worth it.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So, I've had these bumps on my back for a long ass time. They're positioned such that they're pretty hard to see or even touch. I've thought they were moles or warts or maybe even ingrown hair. Today, I felt one and it felt longer (this is the first time I've ever really felt a change in them). I managed to get an up close picture and it looks like something black is popping out of the skin. I got a picture of the other one and it too looks like it's kind of coming out but not nearly as much. They're about 1/4 inch in diameter or thereabouts. They've never felt pain or itchy or anything like that, which is one reason I never really thought much about them.

I'm planning on asking a doctor what's up but anyone here have any thoughts?

Definitely blackheads but you’ll probably need a pro to extract. Make sure you video that shit and post it here.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Is there like a general age when you're supposed to start checking for melanomas? Like should people go to the dermatologist regularly? Not like I can physically check every place on my body for one.

I have a shit-ton of moles and a family history of skin disease. I've been going to the dermatologist every few years since I was a teenager and they've removed/biopsied maybe a dozen over that time. Currently 39.

Most decent insurance plans will cover a routine skin check. Having holes cut out of your skin does suck for a couple weeks but it sure as fuck beats cancer.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I have a shit-ton of moles and a family history of skin disease. I've been going to the dermatologist every few years since I was a teenager and they've removed/biopsied maybe a dozen over that time. Currently 39.

Most insurance decent insurance plans will cover a routine skin check. Having holes cut out of your skin does suck for a couple weeks but it sure as fuck beats cancer.
Fuck guys now I can't decide to be paranoid or not. Fuck health problem.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Fuck guys now I can't decide to be paranoid or not. Fuck health problem.

Very few downsides to paranoia in this case. You can always just go once and if they think nothing is amiss wait 10 years.

On the other hand, when I go they say, "Ehh, looks ok now but come back again in 2-3 years."

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Another near death. No EMS this time. I don't think I'm gonna make it much longer.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
2tnot5.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Another near death. No EMS this time. I don't think I'm gonna make it much longer.

man, i'm definitely rooting for you, been following along with your updates a long time, and of course have been worried about you for that time too. i hope you pull through. keep us updated.

iannis

Musty Nester
When you say near death, what exactly happens?

Judging from previous posts it's going to be something like extreme weakness (to the point of collapse) and an irregular heart.

He's been going to doctors for a few years now and getting multiple diagnoses. The best they've been able to tell him is that it's a nervous problem, but it's not one that fits cleanly into defined disorders.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Judging from previous posts it's going to be something like extreme weakness (to the point of collapse) and an irregular heart.

He's been going to doctors for a few years now and getting multiple diagnoses. The best they've been able to tell him is that it's a nervous problem, but it's not one that fits cleanly into defined disorders.

yup, he's been to a bunch of doctors and each one has told him something different. what specifically is doing it is still a pretty big question mark. they've been able to use medicine to mask symptoms sometimes, but never been able to find a cause.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When you say near death, what exactly happens?

Becoming unconscious at bad times. Lay down with the intent of taking my shot a little later or checking my blood sugar. At first I thought I was losing the ability to tell where my blood sugar was, but turns out the last time my blood sugar was OK but I unresponsive and passed out for a long period of time. I go back to the Dr. next week in the meantime she suggested getting back on neurontin for now as it's supposed to help with seizures.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kids been getting a lot of ear infections. What sucks is he never tells us his ears hurt. We're even constantly asking him "Hey bud, do your ears hurt at all???" "No dadd, they feel good"

Then he ends up getting a fever and massively sick and they say "yeah he's got an ear infection".

So we ask him again and he said "daddy my ear DOES hurt"

Frustrating shit.

I had 4-5 operations on my ears when I was a kid due to holes in my ear drums ,as I've posted before. Lot of the oldschool tube operations, but finally they grafted skin from my head over the eardrum to repair it. I'm pretty sure the doctor was freestyling with that one..

No long lasting problems except I hear about 35% less in my left ear. Pretty sure my oldest is looking at a similar fate.