Health Problems

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely blackheads but you’ll probably need a pro to extract. Make sure you video that shit and post it here.

No video, sadly. I was putting on my shirt today and noticed it was no longer there. It must have popped out and come loose on its own. Although, now I probably have an ugly giant blackhead on my bed or floor somewhere...

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Kids been getting a lot of ear infections. What sucks is he never tells us his ears hurt. We're even constantly asking him "Hey bud, do your ears hurt at all???" "No dadd, they feel good"

Then he ends up getting a fever and massively sick and they say "yeah he's got an ear infection".

So we ask him again and he said "daddy my ear DOES hurt"

Frustrating shit.

I had 4-5 operations on my ears when I was a kid due to holes in my ear drums ,as I've posted before. Lot of the oldschool tube operations, but finally they grafted skin from my head over the eardrum to repair it. I'm pretty sure the doctor was freestyling with that one..

No long lasting problems except I hear about 35% less in my left ear. Pretty sure my oldest is looking at a similar fate.

Same shit here. I had tubes as a kid and eventually an adenoidectomy. My ears are mostly ok as an adult but my sinuses are dogshit and I get weeks-long bouts of inflammation/infection on a yearly basis.

My daughter (4) looks to have similar problems. Just yesterday she sneezed and a giant stream of pus shot out of her tear duct. "Daddy my nose doesn't hurt any more!"

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Becoming unconscious at bad times. Lay down with the intent of taking my shot a little later or checking my blood sugar. At first I thought I was losing the ability to tell where my blood sugar was, but turns out the last time my blood sugar was OK but I unresponsive and passed out for a long period of time. I go back to the Dr. next week in the meantime she suggested getting back on neurontin for now as it's supposed to help with seizures.
Have you looked into getting the automated stuff with the watch glucometer and insulin pump? Are you going high or low?

iannis

Musty Nester
Same shit here. I had tubes as a kid and eventually an adenoidectomy. My ears are mostly ok as an adult but my sinuses are dogshit and I get weeks-long bouts of inflammation/infection on a yearly basis.

My daughter (4) looks to have similar problems. Just yesterday she sneezed and a giant stream of pus shot out of her tear duct. "Daddy my nose doesn't hurt any more!"

So your daughter is half cat.

Stop tinkering with that jap gene splicing.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Becoming unconscious at bad times. Lay down with the intent of taking my shot a little later or checking my blood sugar. At first I thought I was losing the ability to tell where my blood sugar was, but turns out the last time my blood sugar was OK but I unresponsive and passed out for a long period of time. I go back to the Dr. next week in the meantime she suggested getting back on neurontin for now as it's supposed to help with seizures.
Damn bro I didn't know about any of that. Thoughts and prayers man.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Caught tonsillitis, prescribed antibiotics which has effectively killed the infection but need to take for 3 more days

For some reason I’ve developed painful muscular cramps throughout upper body, especially my arms

Even had doctor switch meds which helped for about a day but now pain is getting bad again

Is this a symptom of dehydration? Urine isn’t that yellow but I’m not sure if that matters

Ibuprofen doesn’t seem to lessen the pain

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Depending on your kidney function and if your medication is cleared through the kidneys, you potentially could go through a little bout of rhabdomyolysis and acute kidney injury. I guess, at least. Just remember to drink lots of water, lol.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Had a weird winter.

My right eye started hurting. But just the right eye, 95% of the time (a couple of times the left hurt, but mostly the right). Like, a dull pain, almost as if someone reached up and flicked my eyeball really hard. It itches too, but probably because I start rubbing it. Vision was always ok. Not affected at all.

Then I started getting headaches. But I never get headaches, which is weird. Then the headaches started getting so bad I'd feel legit nauseous. It never bothered my vision, but I'd actually feel sick. Had to take a few days off sick a couple times because I couldn't function. Just felt terrible at work. At least I was able to go home and sleep. Not sure what I would have don't if I hadn't been able to sleep. Assuming they veered into migraine territory.

Occasionally I'd get an isolated 'pang' of pain in an ear, and then...nothing. That was just super weird.

A coworker tells me that her husband gets headaches that coincide with barometer changes, and that's what it sounded like to her. A few times I'd mentioned to her that I was getting hit with headaches, and she'd text her husband to see if he was going through the same thing. I think we were batting 100% that he was. But how did I get through my entire life w/o headaches for the most part, and then suddenly become sensitive the barometer changes? Makes no sense to me.

I got tired enough of this bullshit that I went to the doctor. But of course, the headaches weren't happening on that day. Doctor looks me over, says he doesn't see any swelling and has no idea what is going on. Refers me to optho and neurologist. Turns out I'm nearsighted and am getting glasses, but he said he didn't know about the pain. I get dilated for the first time in my life, but doesn't find anything that would cause the pain. He does tell me that I have mild blepharitis. Which, hilariously enough, I was excited to hear because now I know why the edge of my eyelids right at the base of my eyelashes itch. Motherfucker.

Gotta wait 2 months for the nuero appointment, though. Which sucks. I've had about 10 days w/o any debilitating migraine or headache, though I've had some mild stuffiness. I wouldn't be surprised if I just had some sort of sinus infection that resolved itself. Still not sure why my doctor didn't send me to a ENT, but whatevs. Currently I'm debating whether or not I wait the 2 months for the Neuro to tell me if my head pain is all just...in my head...or not. I'm half tempted to just cancel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Turns out I'm nearsighted and am getting glasses, but he said he didn't know about the pain.

I wonder if my vision is starting to go. I went for a couple weeks working 16/7 in front of a computer (yay, small business!) and had a day of absolutely incapacitating headaches. Vision was blurry and I couldn't do anything other than sit in the dark under a pillow. Cleared up over the weekend and was fine afterwards as long as I don't overdo the screen time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wonder if my vision is starting to go. I went for a couple weeks working 16/7 in front of a computer (yay, small business!) and had a day of absolutely incapacitating headaches. Vision was blurry and I couldn't do anything other than sit in the dark under a pillow. Cleared up over the weekend and was fine afterwards as long as I don't overdo the screen time.
wouldn't hurt to give these a try
GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Riot, Amber Tint - Patented Lens, Reduce Digital Eye Strain, Block 65% of Harmful Blue Light

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Went to the pharmacy and picked up two prescriptions. New deal was a charge of $0.50 per prescription. Seems odd. Thought maybe because they are cheap prescriptions. So I called the speciality pharmacy I have a prescription at but don't fill. Anyway it's $1500/month if I take the shot 7 days a week. $5000/month if I take 3 shots a week. Yup, insurance covers it but there's a $0.50 charge for it lol. Seems like that wouldn't be much after the labor of collecting it. Pharmacist at the first place said pretty much the same thing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider

Gunnars and other cheaper alternatives are a dream come true. If anyone is on the fence about this shit and spends an inordinate amount of time in front of a computer, just do it already--get the prescription ones if you need them. I can't hyperbolize the difference it has made for me enough: no more headaches, TONS more energy, and I can actually see shit after staring at my computer screen all day.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gunnars are a joke that gullible consumers fall prey to. Your eyes were hurting because your monitor was shit or you had vision problems.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
could be betes
actually it kinda could be. I get the same thing sometimes, but it's high sugar combined with high blood pressure combined with eye strain. I don't get the headaches though, just the throbbing along the ridge.

For me drinking water fixes it quick. And active muscle relaxation.

But he had a doc scope him out, so it's not beetus.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Gunnars are a joke that gullible consumers fall prey to. Your eyes were hurting because your monitor was shit or you had vision problems.
One thing I've run into was games (based on Unreal I think?) where the option to turn off AA didn't actually, fully turn off AA. I had no idea why my eyes hurt, but after I noticed that it only happened with certain games I was able to Google that issue and see people online talking about turning AA off in engine.cfg or something similar and changing to read only.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One thing I've run into was games (based on Unreal I think?) where the option to turn off AA didn't actually, fully turn off AA. I had no idea why my eyes hurt, but after I noticed that it only happened with certain games I was able to Google that issue and see people online talking about turning AA off in engine.cfg or something similar and changing to read only.

Why would AA cause your eyes to hurt? A pixel is a pixel to your eyes, whether it's jaggy or smooth. There are some slightly flickering textures issues that can arise, but it's not flashing light type of flickering. Ive never seen anyone suggest this before.

The majority of eye strain that people experience with monitors is due to shitty ones that have PWM issues or people (most) that have the brightness turned up way too high. That's on top of poor practices of not giving your eyes a rest by looking away for a time every few minutes.

For those that need a filter like gunnars provide: you can acheieve the exact same thing with software and not look like a money wasting dork in the process.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What about prescription gunnar's though, like if you already wear glasses. Are those still just a stupid upcharge?

BTW I'm legitimately asking. My eyes get tired from working on a PC all day.