Health Problems

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Dad was in the ICU all last week, he is losing about 2 to 3 units of blood a week. The surgeon said he cannot operate until after chemo/rad so we just have to wait it out with him going to the hospital every 2 days to get topped off with blood. I was never one to give blood but having a loved one go through stuff like this wakes you up to the need for it.

My family and extended family has never really had these type of issues. Almost every single death has been quick and most of the time in their sleep so all this hospital and back and forth is very new. I definitely have a new found respect for people that do this for years with terminal ill family.

Good note he is still super positive he laughs at my jokes of pulling all his money out and going out in a blaze of glory with coke and hookers. I firmly believe Dads really are your best friend when you get older. I can tell him anything and he always had advice to guide me in the right direction.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You're lucky, as my dad ages he shows how retarded he is.

He's still lying to everyone and making me out to look like I mis-remembered what happened at the show. It's kind of infuriating because while people believe me, I have no proof to back it up.

Lesson learned though, next time I'll just call 911 and he'll be hospitalized.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Are you sure about this?

If your trolling - no I guess fronthole mustard probably worse.

If your serious- yeah it was really bad and was just dripping a very firm and sticky mustard color. Never seen anything like it before wasn’t like a regular drip.

I’m back at work today doing a “light duty day” and it’s coming along okay. Still have massive drainage and my lungs feel weak. It’s like things can get away from me easily. I’m definitely slow but at least operational. Going to focus on not going too wild so I don’t end up taking a step back

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Weird bump I've had on my thigh for ages recently changed appearance relatively significantly. Hasn't changed in size much but it has me worried. Going to see a dermatologist soon. You guys that are okay at diagnosing this stuff, what do you think?

IMG_20190808_035300.jpg

It's roughly the size of a pencil eraser.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My doctor said to pay attention to moles/bumps that suddenly change appearance. It's good you're going to have it checked out. Probably nothing, but never risk it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, pneumonia is one of those self-regulating sorts of things for younger people.

If you over exert yourself you just pass out. The "i'm just going to man through this" stage lasts approximately five minutes.

iannis

Musty Nester
Get it checked, but Kuriin or Synj will be able to give you a pretty good estimate just by sight most likely.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Weird bump I've had on my thigh for ages recently changed appearance relatively significantly. Hasn't changed in size much but it has me worried. Going to see a dermatologist soon. You guys that are okay at diagnosing this stuff, what do you think?

View attachment 218195

Looks like a seborrheic keratosis.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

View attachment 218195

I hate to break it to you, but you might have cancer

• 2Worf

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, pneumonia is one of those self-regulating sorts of things for younger people.

If you over exert yourself you just pass out. The "i'm just going to man through this" stage lasts approximately five minutes.

Had a fever last night that sucked ass. I thought I was past all of that. Oh well. I’m going to go to the doctor again today see what’s up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I had a bout with pneumonia 3 years ago that took nearly 2 full months to fully recover from. It sucks.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like a seborrheic keratosis.
Should I just slice it off myself then? :p

Haha no still going to the dermatologist, that's a relief tho. I know you're not a dermatologist of course, but I've seen you be correct often enough before that I trust that there's a good chance you're right. Thanks man.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Should I just slice it off myself then? :p

Haha no still going to the dermatologist, that's a relief tho. I know you're not a dermatologist of course, but I've seen you be correct often enough before that I trust that there's a good chance you're right. Thanks man.

I also had my hubby who IS a dermatologist take a look at it and he thinks it is a SK as well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Personal story?

Yes, diagnosed by Kiirin and his "make wet things dry, and dry things wet" Dr. hubby. One of the many membership benefits of being part of the FoH community.

Nothing some hardcore 80% trichloroacetic acid and some plastic toothpicks off Amazon couldn't handle.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else have serious insomnia issues?

I know it's not exactly a "doctor approved" solution but i just buy a couple blister packs of Etizolam online 5-6 times a year from this site i found about 6 years ago. Not enough to take all the time but it makes a huge difference, and honestly taking a benzo at 10pm, relaxing playing games for two hours then falling asleep right as i get into bed is close to nirvana for me.

My problem is I'm moving to the UK in about 6 months to live. I know Etizolam is illegal there and presumably much harder to get. I've taken stuff like Ambien, Xanax in the past but docs around here don't like to prescribe these things much for anything beyond short term.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I had a bout with pneumonia 3 years ago that took nearly 2 full months to fully recover from. It sucks.

Man I’m on a second round of antibiotics now. It’s the worst.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like