Health Problems

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Are these micros able to be flushed from the system at all or is research ongoing?

Welp, I'm fucked.
aqua barbie girl GIF
its just plastic cady heron GIF

Life in plastic, it's fantastic. So far no plasmapherisis/dialysis for MP's. Eat less MP's, y'all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Was he a jabber?
No. Given his age and otherwise good health, an autopsy was done. Found no trauma, stroke, aneurism, or heart attack. He didn't drink or do drugs that anyone knows of, though toxicology will take a few weeks to clear to be 100% sure. Not obese and had no medical diagnoses or medications, beyond having an episode a few months ago where he passed out unexpectedly. Current suspicion is fatal intermittent heart arrhythmia. That's rare, but so is a healthy guy dropping dead suddenly.

Even more fucked, he'd been staying with his parents to help out while his mom went through chemo for breast cancer. She's the one that found him when he missed an appointment. =(

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No. Given his age and otherwise good healthy, an autopsy was done. Found no trauma, stroke, aneurism, or heart attack. He didn't drink or do drugs, though toxicology will take a few weeks to clear. Not obese and had no medical diagnoses or medications, beyond having an episode a few months ago where he passed out unexpectedly. Current suspicion is fatal intermittent heart arrhythmia. That's rare, but so is a healthy guy dropping dead suddenly.
Sorry for your loss. I had a cousin die at 43 a few years ago due to blood vessel in the brain popping. We are at that age now. Sadly, just going to happen more often as the years pile up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Girl my age was at home and he husband walked in the room while she was getting ready to take a shower. Said he didn't feel good and when she got out of the shower he was dead. Some kind of bleeding in the brain. Mid 30's.

• 1WTF

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
No. Given his age and otherwise good health, an autopsy was done. Found no trauma, stroke, aneurism, or heart attack. He didn't drink or do drugs that anyone knows of, though toxicology will take a few weeks to clear to be 100% sure. Not obese and had no medical diagnoses or medications, beyond having an episode a few months ago where he passed out unexpectedly. Current suspicion is fatal intermittent heart arrhythmia. That's rare, but so is a healthy guy dropping dead suddenly.

Even more fucked, he'd been staying with his parents to help out while his mom went through chemo for breast cancer. She's the one that found him when he missed an appointment. =(

There is a heart condition called hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy that can cause sudden death. Always a shock when a young person dies from it as it does happen. But, you said no heart irregularities during the autopsy?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't been around lately, just realized I should let you guys know I just hit 2 years since my last dose of chemotherapy. Treatment ended up lasting from February 2016 to April 20, 2020. Four kinds of chemotherapy, including a stem cell transplant with ultra high dose chemotherapy, two surgeries, radiation, and immunotherapy. Had a 17% chance of making it at the end (roll a 6 on a d6 or you die). That last chemo they gave me was bottom of the barrel, "we need to have a serious discussion about your quality of life after" sorta stuff, (oxaliplatin, same stuff they give people with treatment resistant colon cancer), and they ended up giving it to me for a year straight, so I'll have some life long side effects. Neuropathy, fatigue, and hearing loss. I have had constant tinnitus since my stem cell transplant in 2017. I mean *constant* and noisy. But I'm alive.

• 9Like
  • 8Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Could it have been something like undiagnosed Type 1 diabetes or something? Best friend of mine passed away in 2010 from Type 1. Got diagnosed years earlier then his death after being found unresponsive by his roommate and could have been fatal then if he hadn't been found.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Girl my age was at home and he husband walked in the room while she was getting ready to take a shower. Said he didn't feel good and when she got out of the shower he was dead. Some kind of bleeding in the brain. Mid 30's.
Guy I worked with died like that. 40s, got home from work and said he had a headache and laid down. Found deceased by his wife later that evening.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
But, you said no heart irregularities during the autopsy?
Could it have been something like undiagnosed Type 1 diabetes or something?

No heart irregularities that I'm aware of, no diabetes either. I don't have the full medical report, but I am getting info from friend's sister who is a physician and doesn't mind sharing details. Just seems to be one of those things...

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coming up on a year since the triple bypass.

I lived to play Crowfall. Meh. Did have fun though.
Then Elden ring came and it was worth it!
Can still walk and take care of my self with some effort.
Ejection fraction much better at 24. (was 16 for a bit, not good)
Who knows what the next year will bring.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

I go Tuesday for more stuff.

Another lumbar puncture
Electromygram (EMG)
and muscle biopsy and something else that didn't have a catch name.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Borzak

You know it's shit news when you have to go back in person for the results.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't been around lately, just realized I should let you guys know I just hit 2 years since my last dose of chemotherapy. Treatment ended up lasting from February 2016 to April 20, 2020. Four kinds of chemotherapy, including a stem cell transplant with ultra high dose chemotherapy, two surgeries, radiation, and immunotherapy. Had a 17% chance of making it at the end (roll a 6 on a d6 or you die). That last chemo they gave me was bottom of the barrel, "we need to have a serious discussion about your quality of life after" sorta stuff, (oxaliplatin, same stuff they give people with treatment resistant colon cancer), and they ended up giving it to me for a year straight, so I'll have some life long side effects. Neuropathy, fatigue, and hearing loss. I have had constant tinnitus since my stem cell transplant in 2017. I mean *constant* and noisy. But I'm alive.

Thanks for the update, I realize I'm just a lurker but I've been wondering how you turned out. If I can be nosy, did they finish your treatment because they ran out of options after the Oxaliplatin or did you have a good response on scans? I’d hope/assume the latter since you’re two years out!

You know it's shit news when you have to go back in person for the results.
This isn't always true! I prefer to discuss results in person when they COULD potentially be bad news, even if the results turned out to be good.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the update, I realize I'm just a lurker but I've been wondering how you turned out. If I can be nosy, did they finish your treatment because they ran out of options after the Oxaliplatin or did you have a good response on scans? I’d hope/assume the latter since you’re two years out!
It's actually weird the way it worked out. I did a year long course of oxaliplatin, December 2018 to December 2019, at which point we did a scan and things looked clear. Revisit in 2 months. During those 2 months, my oncologist left Karmanos and got a job at University of Michigan. She said it was a lateral move, and as politely as she could, mentioned she wasn't happy with the direction the office / corporate was heading. When I did my scan in February 2020, my new physician at Karmanos saw a few spots in my abdomen and wanted me to resume chemotherapy. Of course, now there's a pandemic going on. My first dose of a new round of chemotherapy was scheduled for the end of March, either the day of or the day after the whole world entered a week of lockdown, can't remember which. So I reschedule it, hoping the pandemic will blow over. New date was April 20, 2020 at Karmanos of Farmington Hills. During this visit there was some drama with the office that I was witness to, and a disagreement with the new physician in charge of my chemo, so I decided to take my old doctor up on her offer to follow her to her new clinic at University of Michigan. It took awhile to get in there, pandemic issues and transportation issues, so doctor wanted to do a scan before resuming treatment. I want to say this was August of 2020. My scans looked clear, and she declared me as likely being in remission. She questioned whether or not I needed the chemo in April even. Been clear ever since, just had a scan done in February.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Decided I'm probably gonna get the vasectomy reversed. Been nothing but problems since I got it. I don't expect that to undo all the problems or give me the ability to have kids (at least for a while), but maybe at the very least things will feel more normal.

Backstory: Spent the 2010's with a girl with an insane sex drive (and sometimes other chix) and we'd spontaneously boink all the time without protection. Figured it was a matter of time before I overpowered her birth control (and she wanted to get off of it). Froze some sperm at 31, got vasectomy. Now 39, been having issues with my junk area since the operation. Was a stupid-ass thing to do and I wish I could take it back. At least I had tons of sex for a while, up until COVID turned everybody into weird recluses.

Even if the reversal doesn't restore my ability to have kids, I've got some frozen if worse comes to worse and I find someone who wants kids. Doing this purely to try and feel better. Main discomfort issue is that I never actually feel "cleared out" after whacking off, so there's no real relief from it.

Couple questions for the room:

A) Is this reversal a terrible idea? Think that it'll make my mystery-discomfort-nobody-can-figure-out worse?

B) What are the odds that "while they're in there" they'll find out what my problem is?

I'm sure as hell not going back to the same guy who did the operation. Dude slithered away and didn't take responsibility for anything, and every time I met with him after the fact he acted completely different. Avoided eye contact and sat bad-postured like a cuck while denying that anything can go wrong with a vasectomy. Fuck that guy, I'd sue him if I had any clue how to.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

joy, got kidney stones. doc said the one on the way out is about 3mm, so not that bad, his words. while not the worse pain i have had, it wasn't fun. apparently tonight it made it out of the kidney, so should pass it in next few days or something. got percocets and flomax for the home game.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
joy, got kidney stones. doc said the one on the way out is about 3mm, so not that bad, his words. while not the worse pain i have had, it wasn't fun. apparently tonight it made it out of the kidney, so should pass it in next few days or something. got percocets and flomax for the home game.
How are ya holding up?