Health Problems

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So just got out of the hospital again after being in for 5 days with the infection. Came home feeling fine and then ended up falling twice in 24 hours. They put me through seizure and stroke protocols. Then an MRI to my back and found a herniated disc. Apparently wasn't feeling pain cuz of the steroids I was on was keeping the swelling down. So I am basically bed ridden for a few days then into physical therapy. Luckily it does not require surgery just time to heal.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So just got out of the hospital again after being in for 5 days with the infection. Came home feeling fine and then ended up falling twice in 24 hours. They put me through seizure and stroke protocols. Then an MRI to my back and found a herniated disc. Apparently wasn't feeling pain cuz of the steroids I was on was keeping the swelling down. So I am basically bed ridden for a few days then into physical therapy. Luckily it does not require surgery just time to heal.
GOMERS go to ground. You're getting old, dude.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Where is the herniated disc? Upper? Lower? Middle?

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
gws-16.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
In college I maxed 875lbs in squat could have done more but why? No need to risk an injury. My point is that I never had any back issues because I did Iso Abs daily.

I have a friend from college that had a herniated disc and played 10 years in the NFL because he started doing Iso Abs.

No idea what the Cat Vomit is, I never did it. Replace Cat Vomit with a reverse plank, basically a plank where you face the ceiling. Ideally you do it on your elbows, however, palms to the ground on that one is acceptable.

1657667459941.png

After a month or so of doing this daily, if they start to feel too easy increase the time or have someone apply pressure on your hips and try to push you down to the ground.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
In college I maxed 875lbs in squat could have done more but why? No need to risk an injury. My point is that I never had any back issues because I did Iso Abs daily.

I have a friend from college that had a herniated disc and played 10 years in the NFL because he started doing Iso Abs.

No idea what the Cat Vomit is, I never did it. Replace Cat Vomit with a reverse plank, basically a plank where you face the ceiling. Ideally you do it on your elbows, however, palms to the ground on that one is acceptable.

View attachment 421662

After a month or so of doing this daily, if they start to feel too easy increase the time or have someone apply pressure on your hips and try to push you down to the ground.
Thx. Yeah once I get the ok to start doing stuff I will definitely try that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well it's offical. I'm dying and nobody knows why. Went back to the Mayo clinic. The Cleveland clinic.

Things it's not.
AIDS/HIV
Covid
Monkey Pox lol
A long list of other shit.

Losing the ability to breathe, now "type" with speech to text. Hold my head up, lift an empty coke can. But it's not ALS cause I would have been dead by now I am told.

• 11Solidarity
  • 6Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 17 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I jokingly asked in screenshots if anyone had had Rhabdo. That’s because I do right now. I’m recovering. My CK peaked about 1000. After 3L of IV fluids and copious amounts of drinking water the past two days I’m at 500. My kidneys showed a slight bump in performance but they’re back. Liver is not bad. Not great. Still going up but prognosis is good.

The worst part is the random 100-101F fevers I keep getting. All day long felt great. Bam. 100F fever. Just enough to make you feel like shit and some chill.

other than water it’s been Tylenol. I took some muscle relaxers earlier and probably will to sleep. I will say I told my wife the day I was taken to the hospital that I was worried I might be dying with only a slight hint of black humor. 26 hour wait for a hospital bed. So they sent me home after 3L of IV with my wife since she’s an RN.

easily the worst experience of my life so far with a disease.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I jokingly asked in screenshots if anyone had had Rhabdo. That’s because I do right now. I’m recovering. My CK peaked about 1000. After 3L of IV fluids and copious amounts of drinking water the past two days I’m at 500. My kidneys showed a slight bump in performance but they’re back. Liver is not bad. Not great. Still going up but prognosis is good.

The worst part is the random 100-101F fevers I keep getting. All day long felt great. Bam. 100F fever. Just enough to make you feel like shit and some chill.

other than water it’s been Tylenol. I took some muscle relaxers earlier and probably will to sleep. I will say I told my wife the day I was taken to the hospital that I was worried I might be dying with only a slight hint of black humor. 26 hour wait for a hospital bed. So they sent me home after 3L of IV with my wife since she’s an RN.

easily the worst experience of my life so far with a disease.

Sounds rough

• 2Like

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Ate a Popeyes Spicy Chicken Sandwich, stomach felt off, blamed sandwich, poops got small, hard and infrequent, stomach cramps started, assumed I was constipated, took some fiber and stool softener, no change, cramps worse, took some laxatives', no change, cramps got worse, went to walk-in clinic, took an x ray, said I was constipated and to try magnesium citrate, magnesium citrate has a massive recall, found someone at work who has stomach issues and has a bottle, drink bottle, no change, cramps get worse, try fiber/stool softener/milk of magnesia/2x laxatives, no change, cramps are more frequent now and powerful enough to double me over for 10 seconds or so before they pass, threw up, went to like a walk in ER, finally get the urge to shit, shit pure water and throw up between my legs into bowl (not very accurately), get CT, admitted into hospital, antibiotics, clear liquid diet (kill me), things get better, got out today after three days.

Have a follow up CT this Wednesday. They're still not 100% sure what it is, said it could be ulcer on colon, colitis, and some other word. But treatment is the same for all until they figure out what it is. Colonoscopy a few months. No fever at any point. 36 year old male.

Edit: All of this was over a week and a half. Dumb me for trying to tough it out but it's always worked in the past. Also figure I might as well try and quit smoking now that I haven't had one in three days.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had some weird tachycardia shit back in Sept/Oct/Nov last year. Got a holter and an echo in Jan, but they couldn’t find anything. Hadn’t had any issues since then, until now.

Went outside to pull some weeds around 8pm last night. I know I’m out of shape and shit, but I wasn’t doing it for long. Came back inside and just felt beat to shit. Chilled in my office for about an hour until my watch started throwing some high heart rate alerts. Sitting down doing Jack shit, and it’s hovering between the 120s-130s. Go lay down, try some breathing exercises and all that. Not coming down. Try to go to sleep and hope it’s down by the morning.

Nope. Wake up around 12:30 to another alert. Try some more breathing and try to go back to sleep, no luck again. Feel like shit waking my husband up since he had his first meeting for his new job today, but last time this shit happened they told me I should go to the damn hospital.

Go there, thankfully get seen immediately (place was damn empty), get an EKG that comes back in the red, get in a bed and get all hooked up. Blood work comes back fine, X-ray is fine. Eventually get some meds to bring my heart rate down, and get discharged with a script for that. Still dunno what’s causing this, but at least the past instances were just 30min or so. It’s over 12 hours later and I’m still hanging in the 90-100s resting. Not a fan of this shit.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Had some weird tachycardia shit back in Sept/Oct/Nov last year. Got a holter and an echo in Jan, but they couldn’t find anything. Hadn’t had any issues since then, until now.

Went outside to pull some weeds around 8pm last night. I know I’m out of shape and shit, but I wasn’t doing it for long. Came back inside and just felt beat to shit. Chilled in my office for about an hour until my watch started throwing some high heart rate alerts. Sitting down doing Jack shit, and it’s hovering between the 120s-130s. Go lay down, try some breathing exercises and all that. Not coming down. Try to go to sleep and hope it’s down by the morning.

Nope. Wake up around 12:30 to another alert. Try some more breathing and try to go back to sleep, no luck again. Feel like shit waking my husband up since he had his first meeting for his new job today, but last time this shit happened they told me I should go to the damn hospital.

Go there, thankfully get seen immediately (place was damn empty), get an EKG that comes back in the red, get in a bed and get all hooked up. Blood work comes back fine, X-ray is fine. Eventually get some meds to bring my heart rate down, and get discharged with a script for that. Still dunno what’s causing this, but at least the past instances were just 30min or so. It’s over 12 hours later and I’m still hanging in the 90-100s resting. Not a fan of this shit.
Afib? Betablocker? Digoxine?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Afib? Betablocker? Digoxine?

Diagnosis was SVT. Dunno what caused it, but they gave me a hit of metaprolol at the hospital to make sure I reacted to it, then prescribed it for now. Got hooked up with a new cardiologist in my new area to follow-up.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I finally got on cymbalta. Supposed to be an anti depressant and help with the neuropathy. I take neurontin for that and it's not all that bad.

I took 30mg for 7 days and slept most of that time. I started 60mg and things rapidly fell apart. I kept sleeping but a big feeling of not being here at all. I've had a seizure before and it was kinda like that but not the same. Just brief periods of where did it go. I'm off of it now.

• 1Solidarity