Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry dude. Putting down dogs are always the things that really bring me down.

Drinking to Stubb's tonight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Getting high AF to Stubbs tonight myself.

We knew it was coming. He was peeing much more frequently and then he stopped eating for a couple days that's when I made the appointment. When we got there though his body temp was 91 and he started fading fast. Worst part of being a pet owner. That day always comes.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What about prescription gunnar's though, like if you already wear glasses. Are those still just a stupid upcharge?

BTW I'm legitimately asking. My eyes get tired from working on a PC all day.

Take your new vision insurance from your new job, go to your local optometrist and get a prescription for computer glasses.

Get your computer glasses made with a BlueTec filter. It's a stupid tiny add-on for $15.

Specific Rx for your computer and a blue light filter will do wonders.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
1) Did your Optometrist give you a computer Rx?

2) Do you not have vision coverage through your employer? Zenni lenses are shit.

Is Zenni really bad? I usually wear contacts but was thinking of getting a couple backup pairs of glasses from Zenni since they are so cheap. What's wrong with them?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Is Zenni really bad? I usually wear contacts but was thinking of getting a couple backup pairs of glasses from Zenni since they are so cheap. What's wrong with them?

The lenses are pretty bad. Besides the fact the material doesn't have great clarity, their coatings are sub-par leading to less clarity, more glare, more scratches (= compounding the lack of clarity clarity), more smudges, attract more oils and general grime, and will wear off sooner.

For the most part, it's the same story as any cheap shit. Made in China and cut every corner to deliver for a pricepoint.

Your contact lenses are made in the US of A for a reason.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Got conjunctivitis making its way through our house. What hell is this

Conjunctivitis is the most horrifically contagious thing this side of the norovirus. If their eyes look like a Nickelodeon slime factory take them to a doctor and get antibiotic drops ASAP. If they're just red and itchy with minor pus it's probably viral and you just have to ride it out.

Don't touch your kids and wash everything they so much as look at. Change their pillowcases so they don't reinfect themselves when it dies down.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife and two kids have eye drop antibiotics but my wife is neurotic. Not touching my kids is impossible. 4 year old quarantined to the couch today. It's crazy here though

I got viral conjunctivitis and it spread and theirs is bacterial - does it work like that?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone know much about skin? Most of my issues seem to revolve around the skin. Almost like it's being stretched. Pretty painful. Like it's too dry. The blood work says I'm not dehydrated. In the sun I notice the bottom part of my legs have a shiny look to them. At one time I had the thing across my bridge/nose that looked like Lupus. But I'm negative on the hormone test for Lupus tho. I've been to two different dermatologist (lol almost said denrologist heh). Nothing. Other than one did a biopsy for cancer in that spot, negative. Went away.

I tried looking up vitamins that might impact skin but didn't come up with much. If I bend down you can almost hear my skin on my thighs stretch (I damn sure feel it, I almost pass out). I put moisturizer on it and it helps short term (like 30 minues or less) but...

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with skin issues.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We had pink eye going through the house and I managed to avoid it. Washed my hands at least a thousand times per day and washed all linens every day until it cleared up. Thank fuck I didn't catch that crap. I've got more than enough going on already. lol

It was bad enough having our son wake up with his eyes crusted shut yelling "Daddy I no see!" Man that was rough.

iannis

Musty Nester
Anyone know much about skin? Most of my issues seem to revolve around the skin. Almost like it's being stretched. Pretty painful. Like it's too dry. The blood work says I'm not dehydrated. In the sun I notice the bottom part of my legs have a shiny look to them. At one time I had the thing across my bridge/nose that looked like Lupus. But I'm negative on the hormone test for Lupus tho. I've been to two different dermatologist (lol almost said denrologist heh). Nothing. Other than one did a biopsy for cancer in that spot, negative. Went away.

I tried looking up vitamins that might impact skin but didn't come up with much. If I bend down you can almost hear my skin on my thighs stretch (I damn sure feel it, I almost pass out). I put moisturizer on it and it helps short term (like 30 minues or less) but...

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with skin issues.

Nothing that severe, but it could be related to your blood pressure rather than your blood content.

The skin is your blood reservoir, capillaries may be small but when you add them all up the volume becomes significant. If you're having severe dry skin issues like that my guess is that your capillary function is a problem. that can be caused by high or low pressure and it can be influenced by medication.

As far as what you can do about it, topical moisturizers don't fix the problem and they don't help a lot, but they do provide some relief.

I hate to say it because I know how unhelpful it is and I know you're tired of talking to them but more specific than that you have to consult with the doctor. I would think if you had a lupus scare you might have mentioned it. I could be completely wrong and it's some weird keratin thing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not swollen, and my blood pressure hasn't changed. I check it pretty often and same place it's always been. 120/75 give or take some.

I didn't mention it but it's almost like I am growing too much skin. I've been giving my shot for 40+ years and now it's incredibly difficult to get the shot in. Several times it's bent the shot (not the needle in half, but where the needle comes out of the shot).

The first dermatologist I went to acted like I had an infectious disease and never really looked at my skin. Just put some olive oil in the ears and see if that helps the dryness. Umm ok. The next one had the bad spot biopsed. Nothing. She suggested more moisturizer (cerave) and some stuff (cortisone) cream to mix with it. That was a year ago. Nothing. I tried epsom salt baths. Didn't help. I have to wear extremely loose fitting and soft clothes. My knees even wearing sweatpants most of the time I can tell the skin apparently doesn't like the rubbing.

I asked the MS doctor and she was like "dunno" most of the stuff related to that is one sided in an relapse and stuff that you just get is not body wide usually. As mentioned I have to put moisturizer in my ear. Oh well thanks.

The shiny part on my legs my whole body may be like that. But I only noticed it sitting on the porch. I can no longer sit with my legs crossed like most normal people. Too painful to the skin to cross them. One doctor mentioned I was extremely "non limber". No shit, it hurts. I don't think it's the muscles. But if I drop something I can bend over and pick it up. But like tonight an allen wrech rolled under the table. OMG getting down to where I can get is painful that I'm basically sit in the chair and look stupid useless for 1/2 an hour.

I look up a lot of stuff. The only thing that was even a partial match was calcium deficiency.

Tingling in hands/feet. The tingling and stretching in the hands only feeling was the reason I had a week of corticosteroids almost 5 years ago. The corticosteroids did nothing.
Coarse hair. Yes. I mentioned it before the outside of my legs feels like the hair got a little coarse then broke in half and off my leg.
Heart issues. Yes, myheart rate is up and I take medication for it.
Extreme fatigue. Yes. I don't feel tired most times. But if I walk from one end of the house to other and back sometimes I have to sit down for an hour to get over it.
Weak fingernails. Nope.
Poor Apetite. Nope.

Blood test for it. Negative.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Getting high AF to Stubbs tonight myself.

We knew it was coming. He was peeing much more frequently and then he stopped eating for a couple days that's when I made the appointment. When we got there though his body temp was 91 and he started fading fast. Worst part of being a pet owner. That day always comes.
Or you die before the pet, and it eats you because noone is filling its food bowl and has to be put down.