Health Problems

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They sell it without sugar too! Konsyl is an alternative brand but they just up and disappeared at one point from Amazon amid some rumors of a recall so I swapped over to these guys instead.

I use the Konsyl version of psyllium. I like it because it has no additional additives like Metamucil does. Plus, with Konsyl, you can do 1 tablespoon to get 3x the amount of fiber than that of Metamucil. Huge plus given that it solidifies pretty quickly. The thing I tell patients about psyllium — or fiber for that matter — is that it WILL constipate you if you do not drink enough water.

In terms of skin, Foler Foler , my face is pretty clear as I use Cleocin (Clindamycin) gel at night and Clinique Dry Skin moisturizer (I have oily skin). It gives me clear skin with added moisture to prevent wrinkles in the future. No acne here.

For back acne, you could take 50mg of Doxycycline every day or twice daily (morning and night). Plus to this? You get the added bonus of prophylaxis protection to gonorrhea (studies have shown that doxycycline can prevent gonorrhea). Downside with Doxycycline is that it causes some wicked nausea and esophagitis if taken on an empty stomach and before bed.

For best suggestion for skin: Get the Cleocin roller — this has alcohol and Cleocin in it, and you can roll on your back and face before putting moisturizer on. ;) Say bye bye to acne.

— I’ll have to check out that Acacia fiber.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I hope it's depressinon. I have a hard time writing/typing anything. I leave out words. Mispell words. Use the wrong word. Getting worse by the day. It takes me 5 minutes to write 2-3 sentences like this and have to reread it a dozen times. Take a break and come back and read it again.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Wife had another miscarriage. Jesus christ- Now for another few weeks of emotional wreck.

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vinen

God is dead
Damn sorry to hear that.

It was only 2 months in but man. Emotional Wreck.

I was supposed to travel for work and that is canned. Now I'm just drinking in prep for the night from hell when she takes the pill.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It was only 2 months in but man. Emotional Wreck.

I was supposed to travel for work and that is canned. Now I'm just drinking in prep for the night from hell when she takes the pill.
No Shopvacs handy?

Seriously, though, that's awful and sorry to hear about it.

• 1Seriously?

Borzak

Wife having a miscarriage sounds rough. Sorry, nothing to add since I'm not married.

Monday was a major downer. Dr. mentioned something I really do without. Since I've had trouble breathing and had to fitted with a brace I use (not all the time) to help hold my head up (mostly when sitting down for long periods in a chair with no headrest) the Dr. mentioned ALS. Said lesions originally may have been from something else. Apparently there's really no test for it, much like MS. I'm not really sold on that but I think he threw that out because he has no other idea. The one thing I do know is a large portion of symptoms come and go (not all at the same time) which is not normal for MS and probably not ALS either.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
glucose 260, a1c 10%. You guys w/ diabetus have favorite app(s) or anything? Go Thursday for followup / treatment options.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Change your diet yesterday and never look back. With an a1c of 10 you need to be viewing sugar and anything that breaks down into sugar (carbs) as literal poison.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Change your diet yesterday and never look back. With an a1c of 10 you need to be viewing sugar and anything that breaks down into sugar (carbs) as literal poison.
Absolutely. Minimalist diet. My colleague; young, healthy, active found out he had a HbA1C of 14%-- he barely eats much more than beans and leafy veggies now, but he has packed on muscle and his HbA1C is now under 5%. All diet.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Meat and veggies are your friends. Dairy and sugsr are not. Also start counting calories and exercising. My a1c went from 8-10 to 5% in under 3 months once I started that. Don't be a moron like I was and put it off until the effects show up, because they will fuck your shit up at that point.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
glucose 260, a1c 10%. You guys w/ diabetus have favorite app(s) or anything? Go Thursday for followup / treatment options.

So so crazy. All I can say is be compliant with your meds. Fix that diet and exercise.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bread is the worst for me. After a while if you check your sugar enough you'll find out what stuff will raise your sugar but quickly come back down. Other stuff will raise your sugar and stick with you for a longer period. If I need to raise my blood sugar quickly I use something liquid. It goes up fast, goes down quicker. Other things are slow to raise it and takes forever to go down. Bread seems to stick around for a long time, which is good for when I'm really active all day. Not so much if I'm sitting around the house.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've already lost like 6 lbs with the food changes and being more active in the last week, and don't get my official diagnosis/treatment plan until tomorrow afternoon (just can see my blood test online). Lots of veggies, beans, some fruit, turkey sandwiches w/ sandwich thins and regular walks at work.

Really just recently got into using our pellet grill (ribs and steak especially), which I can still enjoy I suppose... just need to make sure I stick to the proper portions / types of food / include more veggies, etc. and set myself up to learn more about how my body's handling the sugar.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>

I love this quote and have used it quite a bit characterizing how serious this.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can someone tell me what the difference between Bi-Peglyte and Pico Salax is and why I've been instructed to use each on different occasions rather than just one both times?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone tell me what the difference between Bi-Peglyte and Pico Salax is and why I've been instructed to use each on different occasions rather than just one both times?

Bi-Peglyte is PEG (polyethylene glycol, an osmotic laxative) and bisacodyl (a stimulant laxative).

Pico Salax is sodium picosulfate, which is a prodrug that is metabolized by gut bacteria into a stimulant laxative.

Stimulant laxatives work by increasing gut motility/peristalsis (involuntary smooth muscle contraction) that propels food through the gut. Osmotic laxatives cause everything to uptake more more water, which obviously moves faster than a solid.

As for why one was picked over the other, probably provider preference. PEG generally causes fewer issues with electrolyte imbalances than some of the older drugs like sodium sulfate. Don't know how how picosulfate's profile is as far as electrolyte imbalance.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bi-Peglyte is PEG (polyethylene glycol, an osmotic laxative) and bisacodyl (a stimulant laxative).

Pico Salax is sodium picosulfate, which is a prodrug that is metabolized by gut bacteria into a stimulant laxative.

Stimulant laxatives work by increasing gut motility/peristalsis (involuntary smooth muscle contraction) that propels food through the gut. Osmotic laxatives cause everything to uptake more more water, which obviously moves faster than a solid.

As for why one was picked over the other, probably provider preference. PEG generally causes fewer issues with electrolyte imbalances than some of the older drugs like sodium sulfate. Don't know how how picosulfate's profile is as far as electrolyte imbalance.

Both were instructed by the same doc/office though, otherwise I would have assumed it was a provider thing. The bipeglyte was twice as expensive as the pico which is where the confusion/frustration sets in.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Time to start adulting better, or 3 months from now I'll be on insulin.

1568950186109.png

- Vitamin D
- Lisinopril
- Jardiance
- Metaformin
- Atorvastatin