Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Allergic reaction standard of treatment is pepcid, benadryl, and solumedrol. Pepcid not only helps the gut with GERD, but it is an H2 histamine antagonist receptor blocker. If you were really having an anaphylactic reaction, you would have received likely more than one dose of epinephrine; maybe even have started an epi drip. Especially with a blood pressure in the 70s.

In regards to Srathor Srathor , yeah, you likely got put on a bedside commode. And yikes on that ejection fraction. How old are you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They did not hit me with the epi because it had some cortazone component I guess? Not sure. They deffinately hooked me up with two bags of pepcid though for the exact reasons you stated. I was making ST TNF Neural Peptide with Mint Frosting jokes that only my wife got when they were hooking it up to my IV. Seemed to do the trick, though. Had some rashiness for a day or two after (popped benadryl for that both times) and now no reaction symptoms. I am talking to the ortho to get an exact list of what they injected into the knee so I can narrow down precisely what caused the reaction, but so far the cortical steriod seems the most likely culprit. It is certainly a shitty thing to have reactions to, from a medical standpoint, but I hardly ever see a doctor for anything so I will get by ok.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've had migraines for a few years now; spent a lot of time and money trying to figure it out, to no avail.

Some people at work had been urging me to go see an ENT, on the off chance that there was something with my sinuses triggering the migraines. So I made an appointment for this last Monday with a Dr someone had suggested.

So after something like 10-15m of answering screening questions about my history, the Dr grabs some sort of scope/camera and looks into my nose. Asks the nurse if she saw what he was seeing, she said yes, and then he pulled the scope out and sat back. Total time of looking up my schnozz was maybe 15-20 seconds, tops. He tells me that I have a deviated septum on one side (this being the side that I had told him I've never been able to breathe through)

He tells me that he's seen a few people with headaches/migraines before, that had bone spurs in their sinuses. So he wanted me give me a quick scan (CT I think, they had a miniature one in their office) to see if there was something there.

The scan was super quick. Waited maybe 5m, then the Dr comes backs and tells me that sure enough, I have some sort of bone spur behind the eye where my migraines seem to start. And apparently there's also a sinus cavity that sits next to the eye (?) that was inflamed (something medical lingo)

He wouldn't tell me that this would fix the migraine, but he did say that he thought the odds were good that one of the issues, or a combination of them, were probably the root cause of the migraines. So I think I'll be able to get surgery in a month or so, and hopefully the migraine bullshit goes away.

• 5Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've had migraines for a few years now; spent a lot of time and money trying to figure it out, to no avail.

Some people at work had been urging me to go see an ENT, on the off chance that there was something with my sinuses triggering the migraines. So I made an appointment for this last Monday with a Dr someone had suggested.

So after something like 10-15m of answering screening questions about my history, the Dr grabs some sort of scope/camera and looks into my nose. Asks the nurse if she saw what he was seeing, she said yes, and then he pulled the scope out and sat back. Total time of looking up my schnozz was maybe 15-20 seconds, tops. He tells me that I have a deviated septum on one side (this being the side that I had told him I've never been able to breathe through)

He tells me that he's seen a few people with headaches/migraines before, that had bone spurs in their sinuses. So he wanted me give me a quick scan (CT I think, they had a miniature one in their office) to see if there was something there.

The scan was super quick. Waited maybe 5m, then the Dr comes backs and tells me that sure enough, I have some sort of bone spur behind the eye where my migraines seem to start. And apparently there's also a sinus cavity that sits next to the eye (?) that was inflamed (something medical lingo)

He wouldn't tell me that this would fix the migraine, but he did say that he thought the odds were good that one of the issues, or a combination of them, were probably the root cause of the migraines. So I think I'll be able to get surgery in a month or so, and hopefully the migraine bullshit goes away.
best of luck on that resolving the migraines

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Had my followup to talk about my CT scan. No cancers anywhere else but the nose. Early January I get the nose removed along with my lymph nodes followed by radiation treatment.
The plastic surgeon is going to rebuild my nose at the same time that they remove the tumor. Way better news than I was expecting.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Covid cause a lot of moving around job wise for doctors? It's been difficult to see a Dr. more than once and then they are gone. Multiple specialities and multiple hospital groups in two different states. Like the great reshuffle. Get a new diagnosis and a 2nd opinion is out of question, it's go somewhere else when the doctor is gone and start all over.

Last edited:

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Covid cause a lot of moving around job wise for doctors? It's been difficult to see a Dr. more than once and then they are gone. Multiple specialities and multiple hospital groups in two different states. Like the great reshuffle. Get a new diagnosis and a 2nd opinion is out of question, it's go somewhere else when the doctor is gone and start all over.
No not really tbh, but aren’t you in rural Texas or Louisiana? It might be hard to recruit a doc to stay in such a location for an extended time idk.

Borzak

No not really tbh, but aren’t you in rural Texas or Louisiana? It might be hard to recruit a doc to stay in such a location for an extended time idk.

The places I've been going aren't that rural for the hospitals. Baton Rouge, LA. New Orleans, LA and San Antonio, TX. Small town nearest me the doctor I use grew up here, his dad is a doctor. He played college baseball and then got his MD and moved back. He still makes house calls believe it or not. I've never asked for one but guessing if he knows you and it's very bad.

Goatface

where i live is pretty rural, most doctors here are either, young and signed up for 1-3 years and move on, or a little sketchiness in their past. if you have the same doctor for more than a few years is rare.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
where i live is pretty rural, most doctors here are either, young and signed up for 1-3 years and move on, or a little sketchiness in their past. if you have the same doctor for more than a few years is rare.
A lot of young docs will sign up for rural jobs because it often helps them get loan (typically 200k+ in loans) forgiveness after XYZ years.

Another common reason is that if they’re a non-citizen then after they finish training they have to find a job that sponsors their visa for 3 years before they can apply for a green card and move elsewhere. It’s more often the rural places that are willing to sponsor people because it’s harder to recruit there.

Borzak Borzak yeah those locations I wouldn’t think of as high turnover, no idea about that tbh

• 1Like

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Well I made it home in one piece. Everything went better than expecteg and they saved quite a bit of my original nose. The swelling and fluid build up are nuts but the pain isn't too bad. I look gruesome as fuck though and have stitches going about 10 inches across my throat from the lymph nodes being removed. Including the day of suregery I was only in the hospital for 2 and a half days. Just long enough to crush on every young nurse on the floor :)

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

Wait till they ask your birth year and answer "same as my dad".

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

I have an official diagnosis that makes sense now. I had a Dr. mention it some time ago. There's really no test for it, just have to observe and then...which has sucked because I've had issues with Dr. after Dr. moving jobs or retiring and having to start over.

Scleroderma. Accounts for the brain lesions, skin issues, intenstinal issues, intense soreness (which is odd muscle relaxers don't help and carely bend my knees, it's tendon related and I guess you relax the muscle it no longer moves the tendon easy) and a few other things.

Have a bowel resection on the "upcoming" list but not scheduled yet. Making too much defective collagen.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

I'm going to bleed to death from nose bleeds. Okay that's an exxageration but I've had one now for 3 days. I get up in the night afraid I'm going to drown in my own blood.

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Sorry to hear it Borzak. That's rough as hell. I just got the all clear from my surgeon and radiologist, no need for radiation. The tumor had remained a solid mass and they found no cancer in the lymph nodes that they removed. I know it can come back, but it buys me years of good quality living and I am already regaining my strength.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Take care of yourselves, forum bros. I just got that word that my best friend growing up was found dead at 42, suspected heart attack. Man...

Last edited:
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not really '22 news as such, pvc mp's have been studied for some years now, afaik. The adverse effects, cancer, abscess' etc is slowly being illuminated. Random litterature review, scoping:

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Not really '22 news as such, pvc mp's have been studied for some years now, afaik. The adverse effects, cancer, abscess' etc is slowly being illuminated. Random litterature review, scoping:
Are these micros able to be flushed from the system at all or is research ongoing?