Health Problems

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And you strike me as a crotchety old asshole by your posts, so you never know.

That's great, anything that avoids being anally violated in any way is a big win.
I’ll take a little poke/discomfort over finding out I have late stage cancer any day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anally violated? Fucking grow up dude.

Also you're sedated for the procedure so there's no discomfort. The worst part of a colonoscopy is the nearly lethal dose of laxatives you chug throughout the day before the procedure.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anally violated? Fucking grow up dude.

Also you're sedated for the procedure so there's no discomfort. The worst part of a colonoscopy is the nearly lethal dose of laxatives you chug throughout the day before the procedure.

Is "anally probed" better?

I really don't want anything going in there, getting a prostate exam was already bad enough and that didn't involve sticking a camera in.

If they put you to sleep that's good, 'cause I'm gonna have to do all this whether I like it or not. I've heard about the laxatives and yeah it sounds pretty unpleasant.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
that didn't involve sticking a camera in.
Bro what exactly are you imagining here, the surgeon straps on a dildo shaped camera and takes you to poundtown to inspect your intestines? A colonoscope is like a centimeter wide.

Also with no family history and no relevant symptoms, I don't foresee a doctor ordering one in the first place.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Is "anally probed" better?

I really don't want anything going in there, getting a prostate exam was already bad enough and that didn't involve sticking a camera in.

If they put you to sleep that's good, 'cause I'm gonna have to do all this whether I like it or not. I've heard about the laxatives and yeah it sounds pretty unpleasant.

I’ve had three colonoscopies and honestly I’d rate it lower on the pain/stress ladder than most dental work. One second you’re in a gurney waiting for them to start, next minute you wake up and ask them when they’re starting and they laugh and say “we’re done already”. No pain, no discomfort- nada.
I never had any issues with the prep, and the last one I did was new and even easier, cause you don’t need to drink as nearly as much.
Not wanting “something up your ass” is something you say when you’re 16, at least in a medical context. Let me tell you, you won’t even be able to use your asshole if they discover late stage cancer because you skipped out on your colonoscopy.
I had my first one at like 42 for diverticulitis, and that’s when they discovered polyps and I’ve had to have one every 3 years since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bro what exactly are you imagining here, the surgeon straps on a dildo shaped camera and takes you to poundtown to inspect your intestines? A colonoscope is like a centimeter wide.

Also with no family history and no relevant symptoms, I don't foresee a doctor ordering one in the first place.

I'm just not keen on having people put things in my ass.

Not sure why this is controversial.

I've also been pretty clear that I'm going to get it done anyway to stay ahead of any potential problems down the line, so it isn't like I'm going "eww I'm not doing that". Rather get ahead of an issue than be caught with my pants down, as it were. I don't expect a doctor to order one either but at least I'll inquire about it and see when they want me to start getting things like that, especially with the weird prostate-ish symptoms that apparently aren't the prostate.

Basically I'm just trying to get ahead of any potential health problems, and also not keen on people putting things in my ass so I'm glad it's apparently quick and painless. Again, not sure why controversial. The "anally violated" thing was a quick joke. I can keep the jokes at a minimum here in the Grown Up Stuff area if that helps.

PS I worfed in RL at the description of a surgeon strapping on a dildo-shaped camera and taking the patient to poundtown.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm just not keen on having people put things in my ass.

Not sure why this is controversial.

I've also been pretty clear that I'm going to get it done anyway to stay ahead of any potential problems down the line, so it isn't like I'm going "eww I'm not doing that". Rather get ahead of an issue than be caught with my pants down, as it were. I don't expect a doctor to order one either but at least I'll inquire about it and see when they want me to start getting things like that, especially with the weird prostate-ish symptoms that apparently aren't the prostate.

Basically I'm just trying to get ahead of any potential health problems, and also not keen on people putting things in my ass so I'm glad it's apparently quick and painless. Again, not sure why controversial. The "anally violated" thing was a quick joke. I can keep the jokes at a minimum here in the Grown Up Stuff area if that helps.

PS I worfed in RL at the description of a surgeon strapping on a dildo-shaped camera and taking the patient to poundtown.
It's not controversial, it's childish. Understandable, but still childish. Once you get it done you will understand.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
It's not controversial, it's childish. Understandable, but still childish. Once you get it done you will understand.
I've only had the finger check, and while a little uncomfortable it was only a few seconds *shrug* It did also help that the Dr was a small older asian woman.

Rajaah Rajaah and as far as getting ahead of any health problems; diet, exercise, sleep. You mentioned earlier you just turned 40, if you haven't already noticed already, any day now you'll realize it starts to take some concerted effort to keep from slipping into feeling a bit shit all the time. There's so much amazing info out there now that you don't have to just take from the prevailing medical guidance.

IMO two of the best for overall health info are https://youtube.com/@hubermanlab and https://youtube.com/@PeterAttiaMD

• 2Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
More of a Jimmy rustle. But I hate at 37 I moved to the country, have a mini farm, best shape I've been in a while, but my herniated disc I had a discectomy on in 17 is back 26th a vengeance.

Can barely get up from sitting in certain chairs. wake up very painful with sciatic leg/butt cheek pain. Hit the point of some taser like painfull shocks up my hole back when bending or twisting just right, often when flexing my back as I sit into a chair or get up from a crouch.

last dr said I'd get worse someday and probably need a fusion. Think I'm there but had hoped for it to be in my 40s

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is feeling like a 30 year old in your 50's worth $2200 a year? That's my question now. heh

I don't understand how the answer to this question is not "absolutely, YES." There are very few things I think would be better than increased energy, mobility, and will to just go do things.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve had three colonoscopies and honestly I’d rate it lower on the pain/stress ladder than most dental work. One second you’re in a gurney waiting for them to start, next minute you wake up and ask them when they’re starting and they laugh and say “we’re done already”. No pain, no discomfort- nada.
I never had any issues with the prep, and the last one I did was new and even easier, cause you don’t need to drink as nearly as much.
Not wanting “something up your ass” is something you say when you’re 16, at least in a medical context. Let me tell you, you won’t even be able to use your asshole if they discover late stage cancer because you skipped out on your colonoscopy.
I had my first one at like 42 for diverticulitis, and that’s when they discovered polyps and I’ve had to have one every 3 years since.
Next time you see your doctor you should tell them this perspective I guarantee it will be a breath of fresh air. They might ask you to become a spokesperson

True story my biggest fear when it comes Colonoscopy time is that when they give me the knock-out drugs I’ll be disinhibited shout “WakandanDICK” in true M McShrimp fashion

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
We identify six chemical cocktails, which, in less than a week and without compromising cellular identity, restore a youthful genome-wide transcript profile and reverse transcriptomic age. Thus, rejuvenation by age reversal can be achieved, not only by genetic, but also chemical means.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk How goes surgery recovery and when do you go back to oncology for follow up?

Thanks for asking!
Recovery is going very well. I'm eating nearly normally. No pain at the moment. Check in next week with my oncologist and chemo starts in about 2 weeks. It will be a short one, 3 week treatment if I understand correctly, then a small break and radiation.

I'm feeling good. Last night I ate a very small steak. Felt like a milestone.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for asking!
Recovery is going very well. I'm eating nearly normally. No pain at the moment. Check in next week with my oncologist and chemo starts in about 2 weeks. It will be a short one, 3 week treatment if I understand correctly, then a small break and radiation.

Great to hear, I guess with a deal like that you go through the whole treatment process (surgery/radiation/chemo etc) before doing any pet scans, correct? Godspeed to you and yours

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Great to hear, I guess with a deal like that you go through the whole treatment process (surgery/radiation/chemo etc) before doing any pet scans, correct? Godspeed to you and yours

That seems to be what they are indicating. I was hoping we could do one and declare me clear so I wouldn't have to do the rest of the treatment, but apparently that has a ridiculously lower success rate.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for asking!

They’re still calling this colon cancer and not rectal cancer?

Have you met with a Rad Onc doc yet?