Health Problems

Oldbased

> Than U
As the Michael Jackson death juice was sedating me I vaguely remember the nurse asking me about red meat disease and if I ate meat. I remember saying hell yes but don't know why she asked or what bullshit she was pushing on my colonoscopy. They'll have to cut out my colon completely and put in a 2 inch drain and I'd still eat meat. Fuck them cricket pushers!
Thankfully I think I am still good. This was just routine check of the colon, my first but being in 50s suggested.

My throat still fucking burns though. Fuck those bladder expansions. Hopefully I stop choaking on water and nearly dying when I eat bread though.
1709983216879.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
MRI results - pissy about the lack o contrast even though they are the fuckers that could not hit a vein.
No evidence of residual tumor. Also used the term 'grossly unremarkable' , which sounds like a win to me.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
MRI results - pissy about the lack o contrast even though they are the fuckers that could not hit a vein.
No evidence of residual tumor. Also used the term 'grossly unremarkable' , which sounds like a win to me.

I know what it means in this context, but I can't help but feel offended every time something medical comes back "unremarkable."

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine seeing a tumor described as 'prominent', freaking out a little bit, then finding out it literally just means easy to see on imaging.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My dad a MRI before eye surgery and they asked him if he had any bullets in his body. Pretty wsure is always on the list of shit they ask me before I have a MRI. Dad being dad said "Do I look like I live in the ghetto?" Black nurse was not amused. I did know a guy that worked in the shop and did a lot of grinding and stuff and they tested him with a metal detector and he set it off but they let him have the MRI anyway.

Borzak

Having serious mental issues. Serious short term memory lapses and some long term. I drop letters while typing, have to look up how to spell the simplest shit. Can't come up with a meaning for stuff that I used to do 1,000 times a day in work. Some pretty serious headaches that nothing will touch. From normal over the counter crap to a variety of stuff like tramadol, hydrocone, oxycoden etc...

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having serious mental issues. Serious short term memory lapses and some long term. I drop letters while typing, have to look up how to spell the simplest shit. Can't come up with a meaning for stuff that I used to do 1,000 times a day in work. Some pretty serious headaches that nothing will touch. From normal over the counter crap to a variety of stuff like tramadol, hydrocone, oxycoden etc...
Long shot because I imagine it's different mechanisms but for my migraines only thing that touches is sumatripton though sucks because I do get almost worse pain for a bit before it kicks in and clears.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My dad a MRI before eye surgery and they asked him if he had any bullets in his body. Pretty wsure is always on the list of shit they ask me before I have a MRI. Dad being dad said "Do I look like I live in the ghetto?" Black nurse was not amused. I did know a guy that worked in the shop and did a lot of grinding and stuff and they tested him with a metal detector and he set it off but they let him have the MRI anyway.

Not all metals are ferromagnetic (titanium is a good example), and as long as they are not, they are often safe to MRI. Cheap metal detectors will only detect magnetic metals, while more advanced ones can detect both magnetic and non-magnetic. Possible they were using a more advanced detector that could "see" both.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Think positive, that could just be you getting old instead of symptoms of your other stuff.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hey folks, had a few messages so I thought I'd update.

My wife is fucking awesome. She's not only doing well, last night she played hockey with me. That's right. With her scar still causing twinge pains periodically she strapped on her equipment and fired slapshots. She even scored once. That's rare, she's not so good, but she knows that and we're there to have fun and get exercise. The whole team kept setting her up to shoot (one thing she's really good at is being in the right place at the right time). You should have seen the team after she scored. You'd think we just won the Stanley Cup.

All this to say she is doing really well. She is now not taking any pain medication. She's amazing, such a trooper.

My mental health is still a bit sketchy, anxiety and depression don't just disappear. But I also am doing much better. One of our daughters is working remotely, so she decided to live at home for a bit, and it's fantastic having her here. My children are amazing.

Oh, and none of the 4 of my kids have lynch syndrome. Frankly that's the best news of all.

• 18Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 19 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hey folks, had a few messages so I thought I'd update.

My wife is fucking awesome. She's not only doing well, last night she played hockey with me. That's right. With her scar still causing twinge pains periodically she strapped on her equipment and fired slapshots. She even scored once. That's rare, she's not so good, but she knows that and we're there to have fun and get exercise. The whole team kept setting her up to shoot (one thing she's really good at is being in the right place at the right time). You should have seen the team after she scored. You'd think we just won the Stanley Cup.

All this to say she is doing really well. She is now not taking any pain medication. She's amazing, such a trooper.

My mental health is still a bit sketchy, anxiety and depression don't just disappear. But I also am doing much better. One of our daughters is working remotely, so she decided to live at home for a bit, and it's fantastic having her here. My children are amazing.

Oh, and none of the 4 of my kids have lynch syndrome. Frankly that's the best news of all.
Bro that is awesome! Take it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Be honest. You got her arms up and pulled up her shirt to lock up her arms and gave her the business didn't you.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Much to my surprise I got a possible/probable cause of the lung abscess in the results of yesterday's chest CT!

1711038620364.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thankfully that’s rather small. Any TB or pneumonia experience? My wife had a slightly bigger one last year, stays the same size and they believe it’s a holdover from her tb as a kid
actually the more i research the more likely it seems that the nodule was caused by the infection rather than the other way around so im just gonna forget about it for now

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Thankfully that’s rather small. Any TB or pneumonia experience? My wife had a slightly bigger one last year, stays the same size and they believe it’s a holdover from her tb as a kid

0.9 mm would be small, but 0.9 cm is considered to be pretty big and the recommendation would be for some kind of follow-up; anything over 8 mm usually needs to be followed up on at least once.

Standard of care for something 9 mm would be 3-month follow-up with CT, a PET, or an actual biopsy (assuming the nodule is solid). If the morphology is reassuring and it doesn't show any change on the follow-up study, then yeah, probably nothing to worry about.

actually the more i research the more likely it seems that the nodule was caused by the infection rather than the other way around so im just gonna forget about it for now

Nodules are unfortunately a pain in the ass diagnostically and can represent a ton of things, yeah. In your case, probably a granuloma where your immune system was trying to "wall off" the infection.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
0.9 mm would be small, but 0.9 cm is considered to be pretty big and the recommendation would be for some kind of follow-up; anything over 8 mm usually needs to be followed up on at least once.

Standard of care for something 9 mm would be 3-month follow-up with CT, a PET, or an actual biopsy (assuming the nodule is solid). If the morphology is reassuring and it doesn't show any change on the follow-up study, then yeah, probably nothing to worry about.

Nodules are unfortunately a pain in the ass diagnostically and can represent a ton of things, yeah. In your case, probably a granuloma where your immune system was trying to "wall off" the infection.
it was described as 5mm on Jan 11th, the Jan 19th report only mentions the abscess. Yesterday's report mentions it being hard to compare to the previous images due to the other shit going on in my lung at the time in reference to a possible increase in mediolateral dimension. I've gotten good at deciphering these kinds of things but I think I got a bit overconfident, I should have waited until after my doc went over it with me. Does suture line have any other meaning than the obvious 'there were sutures here in the past'? Because the report says "Suture line noted in the anterior right upper lobe" but afaik they didn't actually go into my chest cavity during the surgery. Obviously I need to stop procrastinating and sign up for the Barnes patient portal so I can see exactly what the surgical report says.

Also the node is actually not where the abscess was, I was mistaken/am retarded and this is reason number umpteen billion why I should have waited and let my doctor interpret the report for me. Abscess was right upper, node is right lower.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Does suture line have any other meaning than the obvious 'there were sutures here in the past'? Because the report says "Suture line noted in the anterior right upper lobe" but afaik they didn't actually go into my chest cavity during the surgery.

Not as far as I'm aware.

Also the node is actually not where the abscess was, I was mistaken/am retarded and this is reason number umpteen billion why I should have waited and let my doctor interpret the report for me. Abscess was right upper, node is right lower.

Good news is that the nodule is in a lower lobe - usually the suspicion for cancer rises if it's in an upper lobe.

I don't like that it seems to have gone from 5 mm to 9 mm, but as you mentioned, seems like the quality of the study may be suboptimal if your lungs were gunked up and they made notes that it was hard to compare the two. Also, it's still possible that it's an infection, just one with multiple sites/foci in the same lung. Or it may be nothing at all - nodules sometimes just appear and disappear without any rhyme or reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if your doctor wants to follow up on it, but I would try not to get too concerned about it until there's more data (easier said than done, obviously.)