Hearthstone TGT Tournament: Rerolled Edition

The Master

Bronze Squire
THE FINALS HAPPENED AND IT WAS GLORIOUS!

Also my casting was fast paced and hilarious (if I do say so myself). Congratulations to Ravishing/Fawe for going undefeated!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got home late tonight, ended up seeing the last couple turns for the win but gonna re watch now. Congrats Fawe!!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks The Master for organizing/streaming/casting and gg Brand/Itkovian. Nice to have the finals go 5 games. These were some good games and your warrior was hella annoying! Never lose Brawl eh??

Anyway, the decks and stuff...

I chose Secret Paladin, oldschool Handlock and Combo Druid

Strategy:

I started every match with Handlock simply because I figure most players will think I want a quick win with Secret paladin and Handlock is supposed to counter most decks that would counter secret paladin. I brought Druid for the "lucky" wins which I never seem to got. All my druid starts were poor but the wins were grinded out eventually. Secret Paladin is just OP and I bring a later-game version which can handle mostly anything.

I avoided bringing Patron because I never play it and it requires skill earned through practice. Zero practice means I never even considered it.

None of my decks are "netdecked". They are obviously common themes but I didn't copy card-for-card from anywhere.

Handlock:

I brought Handlock to counter Patrons and Dragon Priests. There were a lot of Priests this tournament, but I only played vs 1 patron deck. There were actually quite a few freeze mages in this tournament, too, which Handlock does poorly against, but somehow I ended up winning or dodging that matchup.

Reason for not going the Demon version is simply because it was a fairly newer deck and I never played that version beforehand whereas I already considered myself a decent Handlock player using the oldschool deck and just went with comfort. I've been waiting for this tournament to finish so I can convert it over to the demon version though. I feel it's stronger for sure. I had many dead cards in my hand throughout this tournament where I wished they were Doomguard/Voidcaller/etc.

Deck:
rrr_img_113094.jpg

Secret Paladin:

Doesn't really need explanation. It's super strong. I enjoy a late-game version that I've settled on after much tuning. There's some room to tweak for sure, Lay on Hands is the biggest flex card, I hate when you can't draw cards late game with Divine Favor if your opponent has a small hand. LoH gets around that.

Deck:
rrr_img_113093.jpg

Druid:

I had a hard time deciding between Control Warrior or a Druid deck. I am more experienced with Warrior but took the risk with Druid. I was ranking up the ladder and feeling good at the time so I entered it as my 3rd deck. Its a lucky deck but offers enough late game to never be "out of it" completely. Cenarius might seem odd but I like the flexibility he brings. The goal is always to get tons of things on board to savage roar, or if you already have a few things on board you can buff them up. He's slow, but he's come through in a pinch... and since I have a Golden Cenarius I always feel obligated to play him
biggrin.png

rrr_img_113095.jpg

GG all and thanks
biggrin.png

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Maybe 2015 Hearthstone Champion for Fawe and 2014 for Slippery as new titles would be fitting?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like this idea and I see it is already done. Awesome.
Watched the VoD this morning, nice commentary. I agree with most of your points.

The lost Handlock game was lost when I played molten > molten into Death > Death. If I played Belcher on curve (as you mentioned) that game coulda been different. He might have used Cabal+shrink on belcher and it woulda saved my sylvanas later. I was hoping to have a big shadowflame+sylvanas play. I considered it and in hindsight should have risked it at the end to try and grab his Voljin.

The lost Druid game vs Warrior I also agree I fucked up on turn 1. I realized it as soon as I ended my turn, too. Was kinda tunneled. I shoulda saved coin. Hero power turn 2 & 3 killed me. If I could have coined out Druid on turn 3 it woulda changed the entire game.

I disagree with your commentary during my Paladin vs Warrior. You wanted me to Boom on 7 but I already had 5 minions on board with ~7-8 power showing. He was fatigue warrior with 2x brawl/execute/shield slam/bash/etc. I just wanted him to Brawl then I'd go Boom > Tirion. There was really no risk for me to wait it out imo.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I can see the argument, but it isn't like you were running out of cards. And Boom, if he brawls, is 2-8 face damage in all probability, plus a probably clear board for you, because what is he going to play on the remaining mana? When playing the aggressive deck (relatively) I think making the aggressive play is usually the right decision. Also you had a huge board on 5 and 6 and he hadn't Brawled yet, so I think the odds of him having it were relatively low.