Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
WHoever was interested in the mage deck I ended up scrapping, if you tune in to Kibler's stream he put together something whose end result is pretty close to my vision.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just had effigy spawn me a fel reaver. Swear to god this game is rustling my jimmies so damn hard.

*edit*

who the fuck runs polymorph in freeze mage? God damn it pisses me off to lose to scrubs.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Started testing the Mill Rogue I posted last page, you guys were right about the initial design being shit but after tweaking 10 cards I'm 3-0 currently and this is without Brann.

Reno Mill - Hearthstone Decks

Flex cards currently would be Refreshment Vendor & Earthen Ring Farseer which Ill be trying Brann & Raptor in their places.

So far won against: Token Paladin, Fatigue Warrior, Oil Rogue.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is that you often cant wait for Brann. You need to yolo an early coldlight to get your draw going otherwise the deck just flounders.

So I just today realized that jeweled scarabs are beasts. Put together a midrange hunter list with them in it, hunter has some fucking power at the 3 spot.

*edit*

Gang up is to get more oracles or healbots. It also effectively makes your library bigger, keeping you 6 turns farther from fatigue if you cast both of them.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Gavin,

I was interested and tried both his version and yours. I will stick with Renolock. Deck is just really, really good and just too fun. After playing with the lock version, the card draw and some of the card choices are just better.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hard mulligan for oracles there? Whats your strategy with gang up?
Going Reno-style my goal is to have more minion based combat so you can fight for board early without needing Coldlights right away. Drake/Thalnos help with some early draws too. I don't intend to always gang-up Coldlight, especially once Brann is added. Gang up on Healbot, sylvanas, boom, reno, or enemy stuff (tirion/ysera/etc) is all viable.

Gang up is to add more cards to your deck to prevent fatigue. I've taken 1 copy out though, so it's only +2 cards, which counters the Drake/Thalnos. So any extra draw by your opponent is a gain for you in the fatigue battle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jeweled Scarabs have won me so goddamn many games today. BGH vs a control warrior, dreadscale vs a secret pal, extra unleashes, extra kill commands, it's been epic

Ryoz

<Donor>
WHoever was interested in the mage deck I ended up scrapping, if you tune in to Kibler's stream he put together something whose end result is pretty close to my vision.
I was using a version with a lot of the big dick dargons, but I saw his list and will try it. Just got rhonin from a pack a few days ago so will be fun to give it a go. It's been pretty strong so far. Druid has been the only trouble really if they curve out well and get a mana advantage on you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Gavin,

I was interested and tried both his version and yours. I will stick with Renolock. Deck is just really, really good and just too fun. After playing with the lock version, the card draw and some of the card choices are just better.
What's your list for this?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's your list for this?
What list are you looking for here? Just google Savjz renolock if that's what you're looking for. My renolock deck is posted on the previous page (if you are at max posts per page), but it still needs a bit of work.

Taho

N00b
I'm trying out freeze mage for the first time (no Reno, but 2 torches). 1-4 at rank 13 atm. How do you know if you are losing to bad draw (good opponent draw) or bad play? I've beaten one handlock and lost to everything else. Fucking tempo mage killed me on turn 5, and an aggro druid on turn 6. I have a feeling I'm going to have to get my ass kicked for a while before I figure this out. The only game I won, I got good value out of a Nova / Doomsayer combo. But the rest of the time, I never had a chance for a good doomsayer turn.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Torches give you the freedom to be a bit aggressive with early spot removal. You just have to identify what minions you can tank and what minions are too dangerous. You also need to mulligan very aggressively for mad scientists. and yeah, practice practice practice. Handlock used to be a free win for freeze mage but now its probably your second worst matchup.

Taho

N00b
Yeah, it's going to take a while to find that balance of using spells to survive vs. saving them for lethal. I'm mostly looking for mad sci and loot hoarder when I mulligan. Anything else? 2-5 now. Beat a Shaman. Lost to a strange pally deck with MC and KT. Got to turn 19 with 2 dead ice lances in hand. I've played against enough freeze mages that I should be able to work it out, but definitely struggling now.

Taho

N00b
Question about Ice Block mechanics. I've had 2 instances today where it didn't save me from death. The first was the Ysera do 5 damage to all spell. The second was a boom bot explosion. What am I missing here?