Hearthstone

Krag

Peasant
I've been playing some midrange hunter with tomb spiders and I have to say that discovery is by far the best addition to the game of any mechanic/card up until this point.

Now, if I could just open some elemental destructions so I could fiddle around with control shaman. It's my favorite class, but I dislike playing face decks and midrange/totem feels in a bit of a bad spot at the moment.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit I finally pulled it off. Fucking glorious. I think the only ridiculous kill I'm hunting for now is shield slamming a wrathguard for lethal.

rrr_img_118628.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Glory, convert and reno seem out of place. Try recombobulators, pyros, and replace reno with either boom, justicar or paleresss. Also could nix a mind control for one of those or ysera

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I replaced Harrison with him in combo druid, and last night he won me a game I had no business winning against a tempo mage. I managed to gain control of the board but I had taken so much damage that eventually his topdecks would kill me. Finley got me the priest hero power and after winning a 50/50 against a rag shot, I went on to win the game. In a few decks getting him early and lucking into life tap makes a huge difference.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Finley is a good card. It's not 100% reliable but there's never a 'bad' option (assuming your deck does not rely on your stock hero power). You can almost always be guaranteed a shot at a durability or offensive power if you need it.

I could see where if they add a bunch of new classes or customizable hero powers (specs?) to dilute the HPs it could really start becoming just too much of a crap shoot though. Finley and Entomb are probably some of the first cards I think are intelligently designed to counter specific deck types dynamically without needing a sideboard mechanic. Previous attempts have all been 'hurr durr 1/1 for 9 stops battlecry on beasts'.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Discover as a mechanic sounds pretty nice overall. Lets you get solutions to problems that you didn't have in your deck, though it's still RNG. But with 3picks, you can often get something that's useful at the time of the discovery that you wouldn't have otherwise, or something that will be useful later. Good example is Peddler with Power Overwhelming or Soulfire, it gives you nice burst potential in decks that would otherwise not have burst.

Ton more useful than Inspire and Joust which are zzz.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I want to try playing around with a Poisoned blade Rogue deck using Sir Finley but I can't justify crafting a Poisoned Blade if it doesn't work. So conflicted
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh that's true. Lucky I pulled 3 of those dumb blades. That might be a dumb fuckery deck. Will run truehart as well, if you can get priest/warrior + truehart down and just keep healing yourself and attacking shit lol.

I don't know if I have enough of the other rogue weapons though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, the real strength of sir finley is either getting a better hero power for an aggressive deck (especially lifetap) or getting something to replace life tap in the late game as a warlock when you don't want to keep burning through your deck. It's not really a counter to anything. Entomb isn't a counter to anything either. It's an incredibly powerful removal tool for priest that potentially plugs a major gap for them, but is balanced by how slow it is.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Adventures contain so many good cards, they gotta be the biggest money makers. As opposed to the expansions which add about 100 worthless cards and 5 good ones. LoE has almost no duds.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
fuckin hilarious. Dude plays a dr boom into my mirror entity keeper of the wild. I kill one boom bot and ping the other, killing my keeper, and play two secrets. He plays force combo thinking he'll break my ice block. Except it isn't ice block, it's a vaporize that I got from discover and he attacks with boom first.

Wish I could have seen his reaction when he triggered that vaporize.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, the real strength of sir finley is either getting a better hero power for an aggressive deck (especially lifetap) or getting something to replace life tap in the late game as a warlock when you don't want to keep burning through your deck. It's not really a counter to anything. Entomb isn't a counter to anything either. It's an incredibly powerful removal tool for priest that potentially plugs a major gap for them, but is balanced by how slow it is.
Exactly. I had a Zoolock beating my ass but he dumped his Finley too fast and it let me come back and beat him(got shaman power). Just a poor fit there. I am experimenting with both Finley and a scarab in my Renolock. I've also wanted to experiment with spelleater for control matches. Finley should be solid against aggro for both his ability and body against aggro but scarab is iffy. That 1/1 body...

Ryoz

<Donor>
Well my magician brethren, tempo seems to be pretty strong against the onslaught of tryhard murloc pallies. I would highly recommend it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would you ever use Finley in Zoo? The whole point of Zoo is using life tap to carry you through the mid and late game.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
More importantly, when he Finley'd how did he pick Shaman power over either of the other two?