Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah if I open Yogg I'm absolutely going to try him in freeze mage just for laughs, but no way am I gonna craft him.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gqw581Y.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not too impressed. I guess it depends how viable the slower locks are in the meta.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm not too impressed. I guess it depends how viable the slower locks are in the meta.
It's another Warlock card that allows you to mess around with your health. And since it's 7, you could board clear + double Molten Giant + Sunfury. It has potential, even if it is a bit simple. Although I guess giants might be nerfed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
seems like Cho'Gall will probably become a staple of renolock in standard, no clue if he'll make the cut for wild.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Cho gall seems insane. 3 health siphon soul and a 7/7 on board with 3 mana to spare... damn

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Losing Darkbomb. Coil with this is meh as fuck. Shadowflame and Hellfire are often needed way earlier, doesn't seem too often you'll have a board worth clearing with a Chogall/SF, maybe if the meta goes super control/lategame. Against aggro decks you either wont' make it this far, can't afford the health loss from the SF, or have already secured a likely win. It is nice on a different target than Chogall himself, so there's some value potential here for sure.

Hellfire already damages you, plus it will damage your Chogall, and you're using it late when you maybe can't afford to lose seven health. Late game HF is often better to save for a finisher anyway.

That basically leaves Siphon Soul and Twisting Nether (or DOOM!...uh, no). Obviously SS is everyone's first "oh cool" reaction, but its somewhat situational to imagine your single SS will be unused, in hand, with Cho ready to go, and have a worthy target.

Twisting Nether, forget it, you're going to blast yourself for eight to destroy your own Chogall with no gain from the body except casting the Nether one turn early?

Barring any new spells, that's all that hand/reno tends to run right? I guess Darkbomb could get replaced by a Shadowbolt, but how often will you have the luxury of saving it for Cho? It will need to be played sooner to survive the storm of aggro/midrange/tempo/combo.

Yeah, ok it could have synergy with Moltens but ideally you might have managed to get one out before then. Its possible that it will work for giant synergy frequently though, I guess.

Honestly I still don't see slow locks surviving the chow/belcher/healbot purge too well. And as others have mentioned there's been speculation that the giants might get nerfs.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If this card was in mage it would be broken as hell because you could otk easily, but now in warlock it opens up some insane moves. SS might be a 2-of now. Bane of doom might see more play. Shadowflame is still awesome.

And thing is you can play cho gull, bane, SS for 7 mana and 8 health and also get a Random demon. It's an insane tempo card since most warlock spells are for board control

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bane loses its best demon in standard with no big replacements so far. Bane is also often piss poor tempo which is why its not played already to a great degree. Its taking up a slot on the chance you combo it with this card.

Shadowflame has some potential, but like I said many games you won't have it or won't have the luxury of saving it. Running two is a tough sell lately and likely will be later.

SS is obviously enticing but you can't assume you will have them together when needed. Running two seems excessive, how many Lock spells can this deck have and still be viable? Most lock spells aren't that good really.

So basically we have SS being the big number one always going to be sick to pair with this card. If you happen to have them both at a good time. Is that really enough to make this card all that good of a legend? It could be, we'll see how things shake out. I still find it underwhelming for now.

Much of this depends on how the meta turns out. I could easily see a meta that's extraordinarily toxic to hand style lock play. This one we have kinda is already, and so far I'm not convinced we are moving too far away from it yet.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And thing is you can play cho gull, bane, SS for 7 mana and 8 health and also get a Random demon. It's an insane tempo card since most warlock spells are for board control
You're saying eight health as if its no big deal here. You can board control all you want but ditching eight health with a double fireball or fucking summon the animal companion trio staring you down next turn is a very different reality than this theorycraft. Its not like your ass is going to be at 20+ health by this point in nearly any game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea SS is good enough. SS was a standard tech card in Handlock for the longest time, no reason it won't be a staple in more decks. SS is played in renolock already with a shit deathrattle meta.

Also losing mal galnis doesn't make bane trash. Still situational but spending 5 health instead of 5 mana skews the value tremendously. Ill have to figure out the new averages but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in most cases.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You're saying eight health as if its no big deal here. You can board control all you want but ditching eight health with a double fireball or fucking summon the animal companion trio staring you down next turn is a very different reality than this theorycraft. Its not like your ass is going to be at 20+ health by this point in nearly any game.
Someone is getting fired up. 8 health isn't a big deal for such a tempo swing, but of course you need to consider your opponents next play. I played a shitload of Handlock in classic and naxx and you find ways to live.

Farseers, alex and jaraxxus were your clutch heals and a little help from SS. It's always been a calculated process keeping your life in check.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea SS is good enough. SS was a standard tech card in Handlock for the longest time, no reason it won't be a staple in more decks. SS is played in renolock already with a shit deathrattle meta.

Also losing mal galnis doesn't make bane trash. Still situational but spending 5 health instead of 5 mana skews the value tremendously. Ill have to figure out the new averages but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in most cases.
So that's one spell (SS) that's clearly powerful with this card. ONE. And its a spell that's pretty awkward to shoehorn two of them into the deck.

Yeah IF you can kill something on turn 7+ with a two damage for five health nuke that summmons a demon...then Bane could be value. Which might happen sometimes, but how many times is bane pretty much a dead card otherwise, that's why no one likes it now even with the chance for big Mal'ganis. Also you might end up summoning a flame or blood imp that face fucked you for five.

I get it, I understand where you're coming from, nothing personal. But this looks mediocre to me. Who knows though, there's a lot of unknown variables of course.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Spending health to kill a minion and also gain a minion on your side is valued much much differently. Flame imp would be like 2.5 health and the 2 damage would be about 2.5 health. But having that "free" spell could save you a lot of damage, too. It is situational for sure since enemy minion needs to be at 2 health.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Also: as more sets get released he gets better because they will continue to make warlock spells. So he is pretty good now, might be bonkers later on.