Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've been tinkering with my fatigue deck, took out Saraad, 1 Medic, and Black Knight for Frost Giant, Faceless, Charge. I think it's generally an improvement, but the deck is unplayable atm with the ladder being overrun by so many hunters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
11 shaman in my last 20 games...not a fun meta at all.

I'm like the expansion, lots of fun cards and fun decks to play. Sadly it also created one of the worse meta ever, and that is less than a month after release. It usually took a while before the meta settled into something this bad before.

It's gonna be pretty horrible till nest expansion I think.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Assfucked by my opponents retarded golden monkey luck again. Such a great game!

*edit*

more assfucking. Opponent is at 2, I cast 14 dmg cthun. 1 damage goes face, the rest splits up between his minions without killing a single one.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I've been tinkering with my fatigue deck, took out Saraad, 1 Medic, and Black Knight for Frost Giant, Faceless, Charge. I think it's generally an improvement, but the deck is unplayable atm with the ladder being overrun by so many hunters.
I made this change for a bit too, mainly when facing so many control decks, but then aggro came back and I went back to the previous.

I havent played it much lately though, the Hunter deck is most successful atm for me.

I tried that Tempo Warrior deck and fell back to rank 5 from 3.
Then made N'Zoth Paladin and was only holding ~50% win rate.
Got back on Hunter and am a couple wins from 3 again.

One change I made to Hunter deck is dropped N'Zoth.
I added Infest only because I love that card but it's a total flex play. I had Black Knight for a time.

Basically after like 50 games I maybe had N'Zoth make a play once or twice ever. Usually games end before or he's not needed. Running low on cards is a bigger issue. Adding Infest helps with that but Cult Master would probably be a better choice.

One nice Infest gave me the Druid spellpower minion which allowed me to do 10 damage with 2x Quick Shot on 8 mana for the win
biggrin.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I think I'm gonna drop N'Zoth for a Cult Master as well. I've played N'Zoth once and it was in the most lopsided win more situation ever.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Problem with N'Zoth is you can't use him defensively since no Taunt minions. Other decks can use him to bring back taunts. Only way N'Zoth works is if you aren't going to die the turn after. By turn 10 with this deck it's usually kill or be killed. N'Zoth too passive/win-more.

Some infested taurens might make it work but then the deck is a bit different.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Infested Tauren is a trash card that should never be seriously considered for play in a N'Zoth deck. As far as standard is concerned, the only taunt N'Zoth can bring back is Tirion.

*edit*

On a side note, I'm using stampeding kodo in my c'thun warrior in place of the taunt dude. Kodo is so good in the meta atm, and every now and then you get the dream brann-kodo turn.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Kodo seems like a requirement in all decks atm. I can't count how many times I killed Bloodhoof with Kodo. Even had my own Bloodhoof Kodo'd.

Not to mention helps with Doomsayers, Acolytes, Armorsmiths, Totems, Wolves, etc... too much shit to not have Kodo atm.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Problem with N'Zoth is you can't use him defensively since no Taunt minions. Other decks can use him to bring back taunts. Only way N'Zoth works is if you aren't going to die the turn after. By turn 10 with this deck it's usually kill or be killed. N'Zoth too passive/win-more.

Some infested taurens might make it work but then the deck is a bit different.
Yep, I did the same. I've played it maybe 2 times with the deck. Once as a way to get an instant concede without wasting more time and the second time was a desperation move that didn't work because of the lack of taunts as mentioned. I experimented with Infest but it's been pretty awful in the current fast meta. It is solid against control but Ive found I either apply constant pressure and win or eventually lose even with the added cards. UTH doesn't get much inpact against control and that's the best card to use with Infest. Sure, Infest sometimes might yield 3 cards but from my limited experience, 2 of them are pretty lackluster.

Im experimenting with Wrangler again. It's not optimal but does provide a chance of game winning effects from a 5 drop. Anyone else a bit disappointed with Huhu? Really thinking of looking for a replacement but that 6/5 body will probably keep her in.

Gavin,

I disagree about infested tauren. Sure, it sucks compared to what we knew just a few weeks ago but I've found it to cause the other player some issues when I drop it. As a temp speed bump and a backup taunt for the endgame, it has worked well so far. I don't consider it a lock or a set for a N'Zoth deck but having one can come in handy when your deck is wanting to kill you through rng. Also, priest loves taking all my good targets for N'Zoth and having another option isn't terrible.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Infested tauren is really bad, borderline unplayable. The only reason he makes it into some decks is so you have a taunt on an n'zoth turn. I've dropped him from all my n'zoth decks except paladin and only because I have a couple of buffing spells in the deck which normally goes well with deathrattle minions.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kodo seems like a requirement in all decks atm. I can't count how many times I killed Bloodhoof with Kodo. Even had my own Bloodhoof Kodo'd.

Not to mention helps with Doomsayers, Acolytes, Armorsmiths, Totems, Wolves, etc... too much shit to not have Kodo atm.
Dunno about requirement but it's a pretty amazing tech card for stealing tempo, and unlike most tech cards that get really popular, there's really no playing or building around kodo.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I experimented with Infest but it's been pretty awful in the current fast meta. It is solid against control but Ive found I either apply constant pressure and win or eventually lose even with the added cards. UTH doesn't get much inpact against control and that's the best card to use with Infest. Sure, Infest sometimes might yield 3 cards but from my limited experience, 2 of them are pretty lackluster.
Most of my Infests are for 3 and I've never combo'd it with UTH yet. I just love the card and definitely consider it better than Ram Wrangler.
Wrangler only a 3/3 on 5 mana and the extra beast is almost always useless.

Even when I get shit from Infest it seems like it's still useful. One game I got back Young Dragonhawk, Dire Wolf, and something... They stuck a turn and then I rolled Leokk and that Dragonhawk did 6 damage and forced a Brawl.

Just played a game where I got Savage Combatant whom I played in lieu of Highmane on 7 mana to help clear an Emperor (to prevent having to sac an extra minion). Had Call of the Wild lined up next turn and wanted the bigger board.

Granted, most games I don't even draw the card but I love it
biggrin.png
So many good beasts to roll and makes the games a lot more interesting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im experimenting with Wrangler again. It's not optimal but does provide a chance of game winning effects from a 5 drop. Anyone else a bit disappointed with Huhu? Really thinking of looking for a replacement but that 6/5 body will probably keep her in
I mean, I'm not going to craft her, but I'd almost certainly use her in a deathrattle heavy hunter deck. I mean at worst she's a beast that passes the vanilla test, and her value only goes up from there. Hell the other day I dropped sylvanas into my opponent's sylvanas because that's a decent way to counter her if you can't just remove her. Down comes Huhuran, and let's just say the game didn't get any better from there.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else a bit disappointed with Huhu? Really thinking of looking for a replacement but that 6/5 body will probably keep her in.
Didn't see this question until Gavin answered.. but...

I'm using the list ex-genj posted here:Hearthstone - Page 1256(Dropped N'Zoth for Infest)

No Huhu in the list and I don't miss her. Since no Sylvanas then the best you can do is use on Highmane. It's not really worth to have such a high cost card just for the body. Since I've nixed N'Zoth then 25 cards are 1-4 mana. Dominating the early game is key. Huhu can't be used on any of those 1-4 mana minions effectively, not even any hoarders for card draw. It's a huge tempo loss to spend 5 mana on Huhu imo. Usually on 5 mana I'm able to drop a minion & clear a minion (with spell) or something. You want to build up the board and outlast and hope for Call of the Wild for the final punch or unleash some spells at opponent face for final burst. Huhu doesn't help with either gameplan.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't see this question until Gavin answered.. but...

I'm using the list ex-genj posted here:Hearthstone - Page 1256(Dropped N'Zoth for Infest)

No Huhu in the list and I don't miss her. Since no Sylvanas then the best you can do is use on Highmane. It's not really worth to have such a high cost card just for the body. Since I've nixed N'Zoth then 25 cards are 1-4 mana. Dominating the early game is key. Huhu can't be used on any of those 1-4 mana minions effectively, not even any hoarders for card draw. It's a huge tempo loss to spend 5 mana on Huhu imo. Usually on 5 mana I'm able to drop a minion & clear a minion (with spell) or something. You want to build up the board and outlast and hope for Call of the Wild for the final punch or unleash some spells at opponent face for final burst. Huhu doesn't help with either gameplan.
I'm using the same list (with very good success), the only change I have is Huhu in because I don't have a second call of the wild. Is there another replacement for Huhu that would make sense in the 5 hole? Also, I got freezing trap in there but out of perhaps 10 games so far, it's come into play maybe once. It's usually pretty rare that I draw it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm using the same list (with very good success), the only change I have is Huhu in because I don't have a second call of the wild. Is there another replacement for Huhu that would make sense in the 5 hole? Also, I got freezing trap in there but out of perhaps 10 games so far, it's come into play maybe once. It's usually pretty rare that I draw it.
I recommend keeping Freezing trap, it's won me so many games. When to play it is key though, never easy to say when is best, but if it gets you board it's usually a good play, even if it's against a 2-3 mana minion.

Honestly this deck needs Call of the Wild x2, it's too good. I'd dust some trash and craft a 2nd. I can't think of any good replacement.'

Itkovian watched me an hour ago where I had 2x Call of the Wild off the mull against Infusion Shaman - terrible starting hand! It actually came down to turn 10 and the 2nd Call of the Wild to finish out the game. Crazy.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I had 7 coin to call, 8 call the other day, could only imagine the rage. Cutting znoth is probably the right play I've probably been a little lucky as he's flat out won me control games vs priest/warrior a lot but with so little draw you can't afford dead cards there. Honestly might go 2nd kodo.. lol. Will play around some more.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had 7 coin to call, 8 call the other day, could only imagine the rage. Cutting znoth is probably the right play I've probably been a little lucky as he's flat out won me control games vs priest/warrior a lot but with so little draw you can't afford dead cards there. Honestly might go 2nd kodo.. lol. Will play around some more.
Hunters should definitely be running double kodo right now, and all reno decks should be running single kodo.