Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, and I thought opening 7 wisps of the old gods was bad.

Then again, I've opened a dupe of almost every legendary I crafted at the beginning of the season, which is pretty much just as annoying.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
well mark this down for something I didn't think I'd see

9QX9q73.jpg

super heavy control of course and the old brann/doomcaller combo spelled curtains for him eventually.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Malygos into a Mind Blast, lmfao. If you hate this brawl I just don't know what you want in Brawl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I've wanted to try one but I've never been sure how to fit it in a deck. Only thing that comes to mind is Reno warrior, but that basically goes contrary to the entire design philosophy of control warrior. The problem with running one in super-heavy control lists is that when you go into the ultra late game against another control deck and you're playing the initiative game, you won't have the room in your hand to keep bringing it back, and it's too goddamn slow to rely on against faster decks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The brawls I've enjoyed the most by far have been co-op vs mechazod, kel'thuzad vs rafaam, and rag vs nefarian. I didn't mind the shifter zerus brawl, it was much better than the dumbass unstable portal brawls since the card shifts again each turn and doesn't get a discount.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The brawls I've enjoyed the most by far have been co-op vs mechazod, kel'thuzad vs rafaam, and rag vs nefarian. I didn't mind the shifter zerus brawl, it was much better than the dumbass unstable portal brawls since the card shifts again each turn and doesn't get a discount.
I enjoyed Idols of Azeroth, The Great Stone of Challenge, An Evil Exchange, Deal Your Fate, Decks Assemble!, Gift Exchange and Captain Blackheart's Treasure (not to say these did not have some flaws to them).

The others were alright and then a lot I found just annoying/boring.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed Idols of Azeroth, The Great Stone of Challenge, An Evil Exchange, Deal Your Fate, Decks Assemble!, Gift Exchange and Captain Blackheart's Treasure (not to say these did not have some flaws to them).

Was others that were alright and then a lot I found just annoying/boring.
I liked those pretty well. Top 2, Crash Cart, Pick a Hand, and Battle of the builds were also enjoyable. Anything that actually made you build a deck was far better than random shit wins. I played something with coin on turn one this week and got Call of the Wild. He died two turns later. That's not really fun even for me.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I've wanted to try one but I've never been sure how to fit it in a deck. Only thing that comes to mind is Reno warrior, but that basically goes contrary to the entire design philosophy of control warrior. The problem with running one in super-heavy control lists is that when you go into the ultra late game against another control deck and you're playing the initiative game, you won't have the room in your hand to keep bringing it back, and it's too goddamn slow to rely on against faster decks.
Yeah, I'd still like to try one in a reno warrior, I just haven't played one since the expansion. 5 mana every time is just so much mana though. I feel like they really needed to make it cost 1 less each time its cast.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Right now I'm back to tried and true Tempo Mage. The current version has Yogg as its only high cost card. Azure Drake comes in second at 5. This means it curves out very well and has a ton of removal. It's very easy to get dream turns with Flamewakers and two or three cheap spells. It matches up very well against Warrior and Shaman which make up about two thirds of the Meta so it's in a really good spot to counter the meta.

Yogg, himself, is a fun card but he's mostly a YOLO play. He's won me games I'd have lost otherwise and he's also done, exactly, zero. He's fun but too unreliable as a straight up win condition but if you're losing going into turn 10+ there's almost no reason to not play him.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Right now I'm back to tried and true Tempo Mage. The current version has Yogg as its only high cost card. Azure Drake comes in second at 5. This means it curves out very well and has a ton of removal. It's very easy to get dream turns with Flamewakers and two or three cheap spells. It matches up very well against Warrior and Shaman which make up about two thirds of the Meta so it's in a really good spot to counter the meta.
Can we see the list? I've found tempo to be aweak matchup to warrior and I wanted to see what you had different.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Similar to the one on TempoStorm. But the list I run has two Acolytes of Pain in place of the Ragnaros and Flamestrike. Surprisingly enough it works because Tempo Mages big weakness is running out of cards. And people jump through hoops to ensure you get as little value out of your acolytes as possible that they often are inefficient on their end. I also just don't like Rag or Flamestrike in the deck because it curves out a lot better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure this can be mathed but two 3-mana cards to a 7 and 8 mana card does not seems like it would hurt your curve THAT much.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's not just curve. It's about fit and the card draw. Worst case is that Acolyte simply cycles itself and your opponent has to expend some resources into making that happen. And I have no problem with Acolyte eating a Fiery War Axe charge. If you need to Flamestrike than you've lost control of the board and are running behind. Ragnaros is just too clunky in the deck in my opinion.

I mean feel free to use whatever list works for you. Personally I prefer the Acolytes over the Flamestrike and Ragnaros primarily for the card draw. It helps ensure always having an answer or a threat in hand. And if you do need to YOLO Yogg than they help to ensure both that you have Yogg in hand on turn 10 and that you've gotten a ton of spells throughout the course of the game to really get him going.

Taho

N00b
Warrior OTK is all over. Just got hit for 52 damage on one turn from an empty board and through a chillmaw! I've ran into it 4 times today now. Think I've only won one of them
frown.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I was seeing it streamed quite a bit this weekend by kolento, thijs, and savjz so not surprised to see it everywhere now

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Warrior OTK is all over. Just got hit for 52 damage on one turn from an empty board and through a chillmaw! I've ran into it 4 times today now. Think I've only won one of them
frown.png
I think 52 is the max it can do in one turn and they have to have saved both inner rages. Its 6 cards from hand for 52 damage or 5 cards and 44 damage so really only control warrior can possibly live through it. Lost to one w/ 44 damage, but won another that I was able to bran/+10 armor guy so I had ~80 effective health when he was forced to drop it and brawl/execute cleaned it up. Good to note the deck doesn't run brawl, and doesn't have much in removal so unless you can get over 60 health best to just try and rush them down asap.
ya, I was seeing it streamed quite a bit this weekend by kolento, thijs, and savjz so not surprised to see it everywhere now
Yeah, saw mr yagut play it saturday night/sunday morning and have been seeing it more and more since. Most likely will get nerfed because they have nerfed every one of these types of decks.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I've been not playing that much constructed recently due to being bored with all the aggro that's around. How does this War OTK works?

Taho

N00b
It's Worgen, charge, some buffs that dmg it and increase its attack to give it windfury plus faceless. My last game, the Worgen was 13 attack with windfury and charge, then faceless manip.