Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems it would be a bit of a wash. Sometimes he'll cast a few spells and return to hand for you to play a 2nd time, this could be considered a buff, but depending on how far in he does it, like before he clears the opponent's board will likely get you killed. And then other times he just dies immediately.

I think I've seen him once since the patch? Against the same opponent, first time his first spell was vanish so he cast him again and killed himself on like the 3rd or 4th spell doing practically nothing.

He's still every bit as capable of deciding games all by himself, and I believe it's better for him to stop casting spells once the board is clear, rather than keep on going and risk disaster. The only thing this patch really took away was those dream plays where Yogg shadowsteps/vanishes right away then also gives you a board.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This kind of discussion makes me wish for a hearthstone simulator. This is exactly what monte carlo was made for.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well... still fuck Yogg. I just lost to it again. As long as that single card keeps upending games I feel no guilt playing OP Shaman :)

EDIT: Make that 2 in a row. Board clear and net them 2-5 cards plus random secrets.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I thought they nerfed Yogg? People are still playing with it?
It's definitely still a playable card, though it has higher potential of having a disaster outcome (10 mana do nothing because instantly kills itself). I would not remove him from Druid, though I'd think about it in Mage

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I still have been using Yogg in my Control Warrior. He hasn't killed himself once. Don't think I'm going to bother DE'ing any cards really. DE'ing commons and uncommons just doesn't seem worth it and CotW is still going to be used.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've seen it do next to nothing a couple of times, by which I mean a few random spells and the 5/7 body still on the board. Once it killed itself. 3 times it flipped the game completely and turned a sure loss into a win. I've never seen it do anything that hurt the caster, meaning put them in a worse position. Play it when you're losing and it might pull out a win. Play it when ahead only if you feel like it. If you're losing and don't have many cards in hand, that's one of the very few that has a decent chance of turning the game around by itself. Although it's definitely weaker now.

• 1Like
Interesting. I had mostly given up on HS but the Yogg nerf is the nail in the coffin for me. I only played it for a few months and I didn't have many legendary cards and I didn't enjoy any of my decks, so I traded everything to buy Yogg and I made a pimp mage deck that is mostly spells and then Yogg to end. But he actually always sucked for me. I reckon I only ever got help from him about 20% of the time. The other 80% he either achieved nothing or ended up making me worse off. Also 100% of the time Yogg would kill himself. The best I could hope for was for it to play Call of the Wild and maybe kill one or two enemy creatures. But it was rare that it did something good and big like that. It often would draw a lot of cards for me when I was nearing the end of my deck, which sucked. It often nuked me as much (or more) than my opponent. Basically I just didn't like it and I regretted having it. And now it is nerfed. I wished I just had something like Call of the Wild instead which seems more reliable for ending games.

Although the last month I played HS was almost entirely against those lame Warrior decks where they pump their shield over and over and over and end up stalemating the whole game and I die from running out of cards. Game needs more variety urgently.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Interesting. I had mostly given up on HS but the Yogg nerf is the nail in the coffin for me. I only played it for a few months and I didn't have many legendary cards and I didn't enjoy any of my decks, so I traded everything to buy Yogg and I made a pimp mage deck that is mostly spells and then Yogg to end. But he actually always sucked for me. I reckon I only ever got help from him about 20% of the time. The other 80% he either achieved nothing or ended up making me worse off. Also 100% of the time Yogg would kill himself. The best I could hope for was for it to play Call of the Wild and maybe kill one or two enemy creatures. But it was rare that it did something good and big like that. It often would draw a lot of cards for me when I was nearing the end of my deck, which sucked. It often nuked me as much (or more) than my opponent. Basically I just didn't like it and I regretted having it. And now it is nerfed. I wished I just had something like Call of the Wild instead which seems more reliable for ending games.

Although the last month I played HS was almost entirely against those lame Warrior decks where they pump their shield over and over and over and end up stalemating the whole game and I die from running out of cards. Game needs more variety urgently.
You can disenchant him for full dust.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yogg isn't really a card you should play extremely late in the game when you have few cards left to draw. That's how you get sent to fatigue.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It would be another legendary. If you DE him now you'll get 1600 dust, which is what it takes to craft a legendary

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
People are awful at this Tavern Brawl, and I don't understand why. It's not that complicated. I'm 3-0 and it hasn't even been close

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played one game, my opponent concededafter I coined a knight to kill the bishop that he had no business dropping so early

• 1Like

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am having good luck and a ton of fun with a Warrior deck. Its C'thun warrior with focus on building armr and removing mobs the twist is I run Brann and two coldlight oracles and often I beat them at the end with card overdraw its also fun to punish all these fucktard rez priests on round 6 by making them overdraw 4 cards.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the single most annoying thing entirely too many Hearthstone streamers do is hover over the concede button when they are losing. Stop being an emo bitch and play the game until you've actually lost and concede. Sitting there hovering over the concede button every turn is so aids

I feel like the only Hearthstone streamer I can watch is Savjz, and sometimes Reynad in small doses when he isn't on salt overload.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very satisfying when you have all the right tools to deal with turn 3 secret keeper, coin, cloaked huntress, 2 secrets; but what were they thinking making ALL secrets free with cloaked huntress?, shit should be your next secret is free. Maybe they were thinking kirin tor mage doesn't get played much, but 3/4 stats is way better than 4/3. I would be less disturbed by cloaked huntress making all secrets free if it was a 4/3.

And then a priest w/ turn 3 blademaster, turn 4 double rez, turn 5 bishop. Lost to another priest yesterday with a nearly ridiculous hand, why does this shit always happen to me? The one fucking game out of 8 or 10 that these people get ridiculous hands that they can't lose the game with and its always against me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hate this brawl but got my one win needed and back to ladder. Been too damn long since a legend dropped from a pack for me. The next expansion is supposed to be around beginning of year right?

• 1Like