Hearthstone

Origin

Molten Core Raider
10 and 5 with it now including 2 I really should have won but I messed up.

So with Agro decks what's the strategy if you think they are Reno? Go hard and hope you kill them before they draw Reno or pace yourself more.

Yep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
After about 20 Renolock games I have come to the conclusion that i am bad at this game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
10 and 5 with it now including 2 I really should have won but I messed up.

So with Agro decks what's the strategy if you think they are Reno? Go hard and hope you kill them before they draw Reno or pace yourself more.
You punch hard, if you pace yourself they're going to win the late game anyway.

With using the shaman decks if they are using Reno on turn six and you have a board, you have a shot at least. If you have no board and they Reno you might as well concede. And if they don't have Reno you just win!

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think this meta is better than the 55% winrate midrange shaman meta that we just had. At least there is variety (so far), and 1 deck isn't favored vs absolutely everything.

Jade druid has counters.
Face aggro can be countered.
Reno decks are susceptible to unlucky draws, although renolock is really close to having that be a non-issue.
Midrange decks can be countered by jade druid and control decks.

It seems we have a fairly even meta of rock (aggro), paper(control), scissors(midrange).

At least for now.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems we have a fairly even meta of rock (aggro), paper(control), scissors(midrange).

Hwunn5U.jpg

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
According to tempostorm, the top ten decks are 3 aggro decks, 2 control decks, and 5 midrange(ish) decks. In the absence of a VS meta update, it's the best source of how the meta is shaping up.

Should I believe them, or some asshole who likes cartoon ponies?

• 3Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
According to tempostorm, the top ten decks are 3 aggro decks, 2 control decks, and 5 midrange(ish) decks. In the absence of a VS meta update, it's the best source of how the meta is shaping up.

This seems like a good time to brony you but I don't have that choice in this thread, lol.

I am a bit upset I haven't crafted a Patches yet but my fav decks are Reno so might as well keep trudging on lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
From what I'm hearing, every 'control' deck except renolock isn't very viable, but Renolock is good enough by itself. It's also somewhere between midrange and control, really. It's just very difficult to play, so at lower ranks control is effectively dead. It's all pirate aggro variants and midrange decks so far.
Control warrior is in a bad spot, as the super aggro decks beat it too quick and jade druid just automatically beats any fatigue strategy. For ladder purposes, you want to stay way from it as a result. All these things would be different in a tournament setting, of course.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Uh, jade druid is absolutely favored against aggro shaman. Disadvantaged against warrior though since so much damage comes from weapons.
Uh wow, so glad tempostorm was able to tell you 1aggro deck has an unfavorable rating. good thing there is only 1 aggro deck in this meta. you got me

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

For starters, there is one control deck in the top ten, not two. You have to go all the way down to thirteen to find a second control deck which barely made it out of tier three. Additionally, I don't know if there have ever been two face decks in tier one at the same time before. When you combine the ladder advantage of aggro having faster matches with actually being two of the best decks in the format and you end up with a ridiculously high representation on the ladder. The ladder is something like 75% aggro shaman/warrior, 10% renolock, 10% jade druid, and 5% people playing viable tier 2 stuff like dragon priest.

Definitely sounds like a rock/paper/scissors meta to me!!!

good thing there is only 1 aggro deck in this meta

Do you have to practice being this stupid or does it come naturally to you?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I'm hearing, every 'control' deck except renolock isn't very viable, but Renolock is good enough by itself. It's also somewhere between midrange and control, really. It's just very difficult to play, so at lower ranks control is effectively dead. It's all pirate aggro variants and midrange decks so far.
Control warrior is in a bad spot, as the super aggro decks beat it too quick and jade druid just automatically beats any fatigue strategy. For ladder purposes, you want to stay way from it as a result. All these things would be different in a tournament setting, of course.

Seems like "control" right now means reno decks. When reno rotates if jade druid persists in this form then classic "control" might be fucked. Of course an entire new set will come with rotation and druid could see nerf.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Seems like "control" right now means reno decks. When reno rotates if jade druid persists in this form then classic "control" might be fucked. Of course an entire new set will come with rotation and druid could see nerf.

I hope so. Hell, the aggro decks are about at interactive and have more decisions than Jade druid. Most of the Jade decks would be ridiculous without Patches and another cheap way for shammy to dump free minions. Who the fuck tested this out and thought Shammy needed even freer shit? How did they not test Patches at all? I'm really beginning to believe Brode is a giant dumbfuck.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Yeah, control might not be the right term, how about "late game"? I just mean decks that are designed to go past turn 9 or so.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Do you have to practice being this stupid or does it come naturally to you?
Last I checked, I wasnt the one contradicting myself.
Tempostorm has jade druid at 40% vs zoolock/pirate war/pirate rogue. .. 60%vs aggro shaman, which doesn't even make sense tbh. there's no way jade druid is favorable vs aggro, which for some reason you're contesting . amazing. you being contrary just for funsies?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's see what the actual data says in a week or so when VS updates, that will settle this debate!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last I checked, I wasnt the one contradicting myself.
Tempostorm has jade druid at 40% vs zoolock/pirate war/pirate rogue. .. 60%vs aggro shaman, which doesn't even make sense tbh. there's no way jade druid is favorable vs aggro, which for some reason you're contesting . amazing. you being contrary just for funsies?

It's almost like aggro shaman and aggro war are different decks or something.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
20-10 with the Agro shaman now. If the Warrior get's a really good pull it seems faster with all the crazy weapons upgrades, but overall Shaman seems stronger and well rounded.

Still on turn 2 with Shaman 7 damage is pretty common. Deckhand > Patches and then Flametongue. Reno is pretty much the only "I win" card against it so far. Once the Reno decks get going they seem to have an answer for everything.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're right, aggro shaman is better than aggro warrior.

I don't disagree, but jade druid is definitely lightly favored against aggro shaman, and at a disadvantage against a warrior. Druid's cheap removal package can slow down aggro shaman to buy you the time you need to get going, since they generally rely on conventional minion damage wearing you down for a direct damage finish. A major part of warrior's damage comes from weapons and charge minions, which means your only answers are having ooze in your opening hand, and your 3-4 taunts which come really late in the matchup.

So yeah, it's very easy to have a favorable matchup against one face deck and an unfavorable matchup against another.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Shaman can throw 3-4 minions on board after a clear regularly, druid doesn't pack enough board wipe to keep it clean.
Shaman also have big burst with their spells and Druids have typically cut Mulch which is the only good way to deal with Flamewreathed.

There is no way Druid is "Favorable". If you want to call it a 50/50 then I might be able to buy that, but no fucking way does Jade Druid have a 60% win rate against Aggro Shaman.

• 1Like