Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting, if you have golden priest and cast Light of the Naaru on yourself in arena, the Lightwarden you spawn will be golden. Not that it wouldn't work that way anyway, just was weird to see a golden minion on my board in arena.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Wow, got to rank 5...then lost 13 games in a row. Ouch. All because I have refused to play anything with patches...I might stop that policy now.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, got to rank 5...then lost 13 games in a row. Ouch. All because I have refused to play anything with patches...I might stop that policy now.

lol, I've refused to craft Patches and this morning the game gave me the play 10 pirates quest. FUCK YOU GAME IM NOT CRAFTING PATCHES!!!

*edit*

And I have play 50 warrior cards. FUCK YOU GAME IM NOT PLAYING PIRATE WARRIOR!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I also refuse to play any decks with Patches in them...mainly because I still haven't been able to craft Patches. I have tried these decks without Patches and the difference is significant. I also hope to change my policy soon. :)

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best moment of todays session was turning a game on a murloc paladin with a single Grim Patron on turn 6.

Hearthstone 2016-12-13 17-47-32-73.jpg

• 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
After losing to like 10 renolocks, whom apparently never have reno in their bottom 15 cards I said screw it and switched to that control pally list I posted a few days ago, only to beat renolock if nothing else. And in typical blizzard fashion I think played 5 aggro shaman in a row barely losing each one, but that next game was a renolock and I got my revenge. That deck crushes renolock.

• 1Like

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The shaman jade aggro deck must be pretty solid. There are guys ranked pretty highly who're totally fucking clueless.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
After losing to like 10 renolocks, whom apparently never have reno in their bottom 15 cards I said screw it and switched to that control pally list I posted a few days ago, only to beat renolock if nothing else. And in typical blizzard fashion I think played 5 aggro shaman in a row barely losing each one, but that next game was a renolock and I got my revenge. That deck crushes renolock.
I dunno was playing murloc paladin OTK for the same reason, but if they get lucky with Kazakas and get the poly the board potion you can't win. I imagine it's the same thing with N'Zoth paladin.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So far I've yet to go 7 wins with Priest in Arena. Priest has never been this good in Arena in the history of HS, except perhaps back when Mind Control was 8 mana and you could get like 4 copies. But even then... It's fun to finally pick a new good class in Arena.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Post the deck list. Is it the standard WOTG list or have you added shit from MSG? I've wanted to create one, but i'm missing Hallazeal and a bunch of the epic cards.

Shaman - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Earth Shock is really good again in this meta. It handles all the overpowered one drops better than lightning bolt, (leaving them with a silenced 1/1 or 1/2 is better than overloading yourself) and scales up really well.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm trying the deck below with -1 Fan -1 SI +2 Questing and it feels pretty good on ladder atm. I hate the Miracle play style, so having the Questings and Van'Cleef feels like it's way more consistent to me. Especially because I'll end up with a hand that has 4 coins and 2 preps with 10 cards left in my deck and never have drawn a Gadgetzan. Van'Cleef and Questing win me pretty much all the games, and Gadgetzan wins me almost none of them.

Reworked Miracle Rogue Guide by Guukboii - Sector One

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying the deck below with -1 Fan -1 SI +2 Questing and it feels pretty good on ladder atm. I hate the Miracle play style, so having the Questings and Van'Cleef feels like it's way more consistent to me. Especially because I'll end up with a hand that has 4 coins and 2 preps with 10 cards left in my deck and never have drawn a Gadgetzan. Van'Cleef and Questing win me pretty much all the games, and Gadgetzan wins me almost none of them.

Reworked Miracle Rogue Guide by Guukboii - Sector One

This is the deck that i've switched to. It seems strong as fuck.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Man... this poor guy. This deck has been hilarious to play. At one point he played a Psych O Tron and a Hero Power 1/1 after casting Ivory Knight and discovering a 4 cost spell. I played a Bog Creeper and he starts rabidly highlighting the discovered 4 mana cost card. HMMM. What could that be? Blessing of Kings on a 3/4 Divine Shield next turn + attacking with your 1/1 squire will give you a perfect clear of my Bog Creeper and leave you with a 7/8. So I use a Potion of Madness on his 1/1 Squire to pop the Divine Shield and what do you know? A few turns later when he plays Deathwing after I Mind Control his buffed Bog Creeper, he discards a Blessing of Kings.

People need to realize that there is a meta game within the game, and highlighting your hand excitedly can telegraph what you have. Sometimes when I get a discover, I purposely take longer than I normally would, to give the illusion of either a bad choice, or a complicated one. Or sometimes I pick really fast to give the illusion of a perfect answer. This is a real thing that some people don't understand. Sure, it's a lot of guesswork, but it all adds up and it helps you win games. If he wouldn't have rabidly highlighted the 4 cost discovery spell I might not have used a Potion of madness on a hero power just to pop a divine shield on a 3/4.

Priest1.jpg

priest2.jpg

prioest3.jpg

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Here's the decklist for anyone interested. Been a good while since I've gone 12 with Priest. Although I avoided picking Priest before Gadgetzan, so never played it that much in Arena since there was almost always a better class to pick.

Yes I had crazy removal and utility, but I also had very little early game minions, 0 Dark Cultists, 0 of the other 3/4 +3 Health Battlecry guy, 0 Holy Nova,0 Shadow Words, etc. Priest can do just as well without all this removal (Although Madness/Kabal Chemist are so common, you're going to see them) and instead win with many of the other insane value cards that Priest has right now.

Oh and the game I lost was hilarious. My Madder Bomber hit my face 6 times with 4 minions on the board. It was actually so funny I didn't rage and laughed out loud.

So I guess my point is: yay Priest being good at Arena, it's been a while!

priest4.jpg

priest5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno was playing murloc paladin OTK for the same reason, but if they get lucky with Kazakas and get the poly the board potion you can't win. I imagine it's the same thing with N'Zoth paladin.
Hmmm...thats a good point. He did get double potion, 1 summon an 8/8, and the other summon 3 minions that died, so no polymorph potion. Not sure it would have mattered though, he nethered my n'zoth board away at the very end, his last aoe removal so I would have whittled him down with 1/1's if nothing else. The ashbringer was inconsequential because he was still dead when I made 5 7/7 dopplegangsters the following turn. So I had a lot of resources left while he had none, not sure if polymorph potion would have made up the difference.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Btw has anyone tried making an OTK Druid with Menagerie Warden and Druid of the Saber/buffs? Just curious because I had an arena run with Druid where I had 2 Mark of Y'shaarj, 2 Druid of the Saber and 2 Menagerie Wardens, among a few other buffs and it was super fun.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Playing pirate rogue around rank 3, ripping everything but pirate warriors. Pirate warriors are just destroying me.

pirate rogue stats.png

• 1Like