Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not as much a counter to jade druid though. Dragon priest only has so many answers so if druid ramps ups and gets the golem train going, priest only has a couple of turns before things are just completely out of hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not as much a counter to jade druid though. Dragon priest only has so many answers so if druid ramps ups and gets the golem train going, priest only has a couple of turns before things are just completely out of hand.

True but dragon priest has a few advantages that are hard for druid to stop. First, they have solid minions that are hard to kill. Second, if they get the 3/6 taunt on Turn 4 following by their 5/6 on Turn 5...it's really hard for druid to stop that or even slow it. Jade druid slows people down with a 3/6 taunt for 6 mana. With luck, a priest just SWP it for a measly two mana and then continues to smash face.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
hope priest doesn't steal too many good things with their 2-4 Drakonoids.
Been playing some dragon priest and let me just say, this card is so broken/they need to remove the increased class bonus from nethersprite and this card and probably nerf its stats. Because its there from nethersprite probably 80% of the time and when you're playing dragon priest mirror its not uncommon to play 5-6 drakonids. And when you're not in the mirror, the stats alone are good, there is literally no reason this card should have ever been made with 6 health considering azure drake is fucking 4/4 for 5 mana draw a card and has been played heavily since launch. Sure, in a way discovering a card from your opponents deck isn't as good as drawing a card, but at the same time its better in that you get to discover a card and its from your opponent's thirty cards so chances are you aren't going to get too many duds and getting 3 duds will practically never happen. It probably should have been discover a random card from your opponent's class, or hell why do they even get to discover, it should have just been add a random card from your opponent's class like swashburglar. So yeah, either change it to add a random card or nerf the stats to no more than 5/5, maybe even 4/5 or 4/6 and remove the weighted chance of class cards on discover.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, priest just spent forever being the redheaded stepchild of complete suck. Now they get one borderline broken card, which will likely be useless after BRM rotates...and they should nerf it? Sorry I say let it go and see if its even played in standard after the rotation.

Priest has gone from nearly unplayable to simply viable and its not like this card is totally dominating the meta. If Dr. Broken and MC can survive until rotating, then this should too.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I do agree that Historian makes it really fucking good simply cause you get 3-4 of them in a match.

I don't think it's broken simply cause against aggro it's kinda dead, against control it's insane.
Priest has always had the advantage against Control though. Between Entomb, Thoughtsteal, Shrink+Cabal, etc. They always played with your cards.

Im not sure Dragon Priest will entirely die in Standard. You lose your 2 drop and 4 drop taunt but keep practically everything else, and they keep printing more dragons. Losing early game will hurt for sure but eh, too hard to predict.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Draconid really is a beast card, it's so good at 5. But Priest isn't dominating by any means. I'm still tweaking my Dragon Priest deck. I found room for an Entomb, which is so clutch sometimes. And also for a Blackwing Technician. I pulled a Shadow Word Death and a Northshire Cleric. Maybe I need to put Dragonfire Potions back over Holy Nova. Also would like to fit in Ragnaros maybe or Alexstrazza for Reno Decks. Other than that happy with this deck.

Hearthstone Screenshot 12-22-16 21.29.25.png

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean, priest just spent forever being the redheaded stepchild of complete suck. Now they get one borderline broken card, which will likely be useless after BRM rotates...and they should nerf it? Sorry I say let it go and see if its even played in standard after the rotation.

Priest has gone from nearly unplayable to simply viable and its not like this card is totally dominating the meta. If Dr. Broken and MC can survive until rotating, then this should too.
Yeah, that wasn't me necessarily advocating for a nerf, just saying the card is broken as fuck for what it does.

Im not sure Dragon Priest will entirely die in Standard. You lose your 2 drop and 4 drop taunt but keep practically everything else, and they keep printing more dragons. Losing early game will hurt for sure but eh, too hard to predict.
Losing the 2/4 isn't a big deal and you can just replace twilight guardians with twilight drakes, hell with double sw: pain being common and book wyrm, these days double twilight drake may be better.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
well problem with drags has always been early game and having a 2/4 and 3/6 taunt are what make it decent. Priest can do Pyro shenanigans, auch+circle, and even have a 12 pt heal now, so might be fine come rotation. Current crop of aggro is pretty lethal and fast though, tough to rely on those slower removals / stalls

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure who said Dragon Priest wouldn't die in rotation, but you're insane.

Twilight Whelp
Wyrmrest Agent
Blackwing Technician
Brann Bronzebeard
Twilight Guardian
Blackwing Corruptor
Chillmaw

Decks toast man.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It just might. Operative is a class card, so it's got a bonus offering rate to begin with. They may have also (accidentally or intentionally) given it the MSG offering bonus on top of that. So, when you look at the pool of total dragons, and it's got stacking bonuses on it, it'll come up much more often then most other dragons.

In unrelated news, this aggro pirate jade shaman deck is nuts. I threw it together and went from rank 15 to 9 in like 2 hours or so. I only had maybe 2-3 losses in over 20 games. The openings it can have are just as ludicrous as pirate warrior, but it's more resilient and has more options in the mid game to finish the game out.
Aggro Shaman | Vicious Syndicate (vS)
I took spo's list, but swapped the leeroy back to a 2nd faceless. He only ran leeroy to combat miracle rogue at legends ranks, and I rarely see them at lower ranks. Even when I do, they tend to be bad anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure who said Dragon Priest wouldn't die in rotation, but you're insane.

Twilight Whelp
Wyrmrest Agent
Blackwing Technician
Brann Bronzebeard
Twilight Guardian
Blackwing Corruptor
Chillmaw

Decks toast man.

Rav just shoots from the hip like that without thinking about what he's saying first.

And really, losing agent and whelp is especially hard considering priest has consistently struggled to field any good one or two drops. The class might not be dead with another full set coming and some interesting new tools from this one that aren't seeing much play yet, but dragon priest in standard is losing everything.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rav just shoots from the hip like that without thinking about what he's saying first.

And really, losing agent and whelp is especially hard considering priest has consistently struggled to field any good one or two drops. The class might not be dead with another full set coming and some interesting new tools from this one that aren't seeing much play yet, but dragon priest in standard is losing everything.
What you talking about? I said:
"I'm not entirely sure it will die, but too hard to predict..."
"Losing the 2 drop and 4 drop will hurt"

The other guy said he thought it wasn't a big deal.

I also said "They keep printing more dragons".

As in, I am not entirely sure it'll die because they might add more early dragons for Priest.

I think I've been completely reasonable here lol.

• 1Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I think it's too early to call dragon priest dead, it seems to be an archtype they are going towards so it makes sense that they would support it with further expansions.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

Twilight Whelp
Wyrmrest Agent
Blackwing Technician
Brann Bronzebeard
Twilight Guardian
Blackwing Corruptor
Chillmaw

Decks toast man.
That was me, I started climbing again with dragon reno priest and brann, twilight guardian, and chillmaw are the only 3 cards of those that I use. I just think there are enough alternatives to make it viable, if not a full blown dragon deck certainly at least reno decks still. Replace whelps with mistresses, replace argents with the 2/3 that spawn a 2/2 when healed, replace blackwing tech with any other 3 drop or the 4/5 taunt that costs 2 less with 3 enemy minions, etc. I wasn't considering also losing brann and reno at that time either though. I'm sure it won't be in a better place depending on what the next set adds, but I'm sure you can still make it work.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have the challenge a friend quest if someone else has and want to knock it out.
zzeris#1385

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have the watch a friend quest, feel free to add me bros
Dashel#1673

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Watching Zalae play Reno Mage the past couple days seems like an enjoyable deck. Kind of makes me want to ditch getting Priest golden and just play whatever I want. Forever no Priest golden?!

• 1Like