Hearthstone

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jade druid is just ramp druid that doesn't have the strong choice cards of yore but has a very very slow ticking clock of "I win eventually 100% of the time" which is kinda dumb, especially as that ticking clock ends up being slower than other control decks anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Midrange anything should beat Jade druid honestly. Dragon priest absolutely destroys it most of the time. Druid has a hard time dealing with a steady stream of minions and that's all you need. You don't need aggro, you just need to know the matchup. You just need a small burst potential, solid stream of minions, and Jade can't keep up. The only time this doesn't work is if they get a god hand with Fandrel or Auctioneer but that still requires them to be in great shape by turn 6-7. Having zero early game is what kills against druid and that's why Reno anything is such a shit deck right now. I love all the Reno decks but the inconsistencies are maddening.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jade druid is not that slow. You may think its slower than other control decks because they are on 10 mana for so long, but around turns 10-12 jade druid should be down to nothing but big ass jade golems in their deck.

And I wouldn't say dragon priest absolutely destroys it. Either one crushes the other pretty hard depending how they curve out.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have the challenge a friend if someone else has and wants to knock two out in one quick play. #zzeris 1385.

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
It gets annoying playing against lolfacewarriors but when you play against the bad ones it makes it so fun. It's cool guy leave Brann and Fandral alive instead of killing them with one of your weapon charges what could possibly go wrong there...

• 1Like

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Is there any point to making it to the secret level in this weeks brawl? I killed 92 creatures/60 cows/1 king... didn't seem to be anything special for doing it?

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
No deck? Just a card back? That's weak.

What is wrong with you sir. What the hell is a deck ? Tavern Brawls have never rewarded full decks of cards for winning the first game? They've only ever given booster packs. Hearthstone has yet to adopt a starter deck system similar the Magic the Gathering, where you can buy a full sealed deck. Maybe one day Tavern Brawls will reward decks, and you can buy decks, and win decks, and open decks. But for now, decks are only for building and playing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1SJW
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Woot! Got my first 12-0 arena run, and just days after my first pally 12 win. Last round opponent disconnected, so that was anti-climatic.. but I'll take it.

Deck was insane, but kind of tricky to play. Almost every game I was under 8 health, or dead next turn, but obviously I can't complain. 3 abyssals and a dread infernal is just crazy.
Think I'm getting close to being a true infinite arena player. My lifetime average is only about 5, but my average for last few weeks is just barely under 7.

12winlock1.jpg

12winlock2.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Woot! Got my first 12-0 arena run, and just days after my first pally 12 win. Last round opponent disconnected, so that was anti-climatic.. but I'll take it.

Deck was insane, but kind of tricky to play. Almost every game I was under 8 health, or dead next turn, but obviously I can't complain. 3 abyssals and a dread infernal is just crazy.
Think I'm getting close to being a true infinite arena player. My lifetime average is only about 5, but my average for last few weeks is just barely under 7.
View attachment 110437
View attachment 110438

I haven't played Arena in over a year. How long would it take for me to get back in shape? I was never much better than a 6-7 win player. I'm close to done with standard and I either need something else to do or just need to call it quits.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
zzeris zzeris
If you used to play arena, that should help a lot. If you were a brand new player, I'd almost not recommend it. The learning curve is pretty steep I realized in retrospect. I listen to every lightforge podcast, used heartharena's tool for a long time (still do, just don't follow it 100% anymore), watch hafu's youtube runs, watch some arena streams here and there, played as many runs as possible, etc.. and it took me like 4 months to get to this point.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Stick to the best classes (imo it's roughly tier1: mage/warlock tier2: priest, paladin, rogue tier3: shaman, druid, hunter TierTrash: Warrior) so just tier 1 and 2, basically. Maybe find a tier 3 class you like (mine is hunter) when you have no option to pick a tier 1 or 2 class.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'd put Priest at tier 1 now too. Shockingly. It's crazy because I never played Priest in arena before (well, in beta, or whenever Mind Control was 8 fucking mana). But I've had more 12 runs with Priest than any other class. It's a slaughterhouse. I'd still say Mage and Warlock are more reliable for the most part, but me, personally, I'll take Priest over both at the moment because of my personal performance. Aside from my own personal bias, there is no disputing that Priest is in top 3 for sure, so don't be afraid of Priest. I'd place Priest miles above Paladin, so that's why I want to differentiate them. Paladin is far weaker right now than it used to be.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Stick to the best classes (imo it's roughly tier1: mage/warlock tier2: priest, paladin, rogue tier3: shaman, druid, hunter TierTrash: Warrior) so just tier 1 and 2, basically. Maybe find a tier 3 class you like (mine is hunter) when you have no option to pick a tier 1 or 2 class.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I used to hate when mage wasn't one of my options because it really can fuck up win rates. I actually could get hunter to 7-8 wins usually back then so it would definitely fit my tier 3 choice.

Marrow, I think priest is definitely strong now with the dragon push.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'd put Priest at tier 1 now too. Shockingly. It's crazy because I never played Priest in arena before (well, in beta, or whenever Mind Control was 8 fucking mana). But I've had more 12 runs with Priest than any other class. It's a slaughterhouse. I'd still say Mage and Warlock are more reliable for the most part, but me, personally, I'll take Priest over both at the moment because of my personal performance. Aside from my own personal bias, there is no disputing that Priest is in top 3 for sure, so don't be afraid of Priest. I'd place Priest miles above Paladin, so that's why I want to differentiate them. Paladin is far weaker right now than it used to be.
Priest is in the top 3, for sure, but it's inconsistent is the only thing.
If you go by just how often a class can get 12 wins, I'd rank them 1) mage 2) priest 3) warlock. But, warlock gets more wins on average then priest or mage. The difference between the worst and best warlock deck isn't as big as it is for mage or priest, but especially priest. A bad priest deck is horrible, a good priest deck is unbeatable.
One tip for any newer player (not you morrow) playing priest.. take 2 drops over almost everything else until you get 5-6. Priest has a lack of 2 drops available, and if you dont get on the board early, half of their good cards won't do anything (i.e. talon priest isn't that good if it doesn't buff something). I'm not saying take a gadgetzan socialiate over a talon priest, but any good 3/2 or 2/3 should be given higher consideration then normal until you have enough. Heartharena's draft tool doesn't take this into consideration until it's too late in the draft.

Paladin fits my playstyle real well. It's best decks always want to trade, and I tend to trade when in doubt, until I've built up a big advantage. Grimestreet protector, most of the buff cards, etc.. can make a great attrition/snowball deck that's easy for me to play. I think paladin got better then where it was during kara, but not as good as it was prior to that. That said, for most people it's probably near the bottom of tier 2. I just have better luck with it then rogue, and about the same as priest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I shall Challenge a friend provided we swap said results. ChiliPalmer#11907

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Done! =) 160g out of that quest is p nice.

New *Challenge a Friend* quest - matty#1612

Last edited:
  • 1Like