Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
which means only like 5 neutral legendaries again...

Old Gods had 21 total Legendaries
Un'Goro has 23

2 more in total but because there are 18 class Legendaries instead of 9, people think they need every class Lego. In reality, it's probably less expensive since Neutrals "can" be more desirable since they work with every class whereas you can just ignore the Legos for classes you don't play.

But yes, I am happy for the change regardless :D

Good points but just like the quests, I think most of the DK legends will at least look desirable early in the process. I'm so glad the cost of fucking up or bad rng has been reduced. Got 4 Tyrantus, and I also wasted 2 legends on mistaking the power of discard lock. Whew that felt bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like they will have two class legendaries once again. The DK one and then another class one. No wonder they are changing the way legendaries are collected. Game is getting more expensive very quickly. I already consider it a hard sell to any newbies.

Yeah. I hoard gold and dust for a month or so before every expac. Spending 6 or 7k gold on the launch.

Even then it still takes me most of the expacs life to get all the worthwhile cards. Even then o kinda want some of the fun cards but I can't bring myself to craft them.

Like Yogg. For example.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I hoard gold and dust for a month or so before every expac. Spending 6 or 7k gold on the launch.

Even then it still takes me most of the expacs life to get all the worthwhile cards. Even then o kinda want some of the fun cards but I can't bring myself to craft them.

Like Yogg. For example.

That's really close to what I do but I also usually buy the intro offer as well. It's not a great value but outside of some cheap steam purchases, it's my primary gaming expense currently. It still blows the expense of MTG away. I had to get yogg early. I usually get the theme legendaries early. Bit me this expansion lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
cool emulator.
After running it a bit, seems like you can get some very powerful minions by choosing the cheapest options in most cases, though you still pay the 2 mana hero power, making them not so cheap.

Lots of great affects on weak bodies that become pretty powerful if buffed just slightly.

Golakka Crawler+Young Dragonhawk: 3 mana 3/4, windfury & destroy a pirate
Fiery Bat+Giant Wasp: 4 mana 4/3, Stealth, Poisonous, Deathrattle Deal 1 dmg (which likely is poisonous)
Fiery Bat+Carrion Grub: 4 mana 4/6, Deathrattle Deal 1 dmg
Razormaw+River Croc: 4 mana 5/5, adapt a beast

I really wonder how Weasel Tunneler will work btw. "put this minion into opponent deck" looks like spaghetti.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Weasel Tunneler-
May be the same as usual if they are preparing every combo as real cards like Fandral born beasts.
Shellshifter%2855678%29.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Weasel Tunneler-
May be the same as usual if they are preparing every combo as real cards like Fandral born beasts.
Shellshifter%2855678%29.png
I think they need to have new tech in place because no way in hell they are going to keep adding "minions" in the database just for this card for every future expansion.

Since in the tease we saw the same art, just modified stats/text, it's going to be interesting to see how this works. And also how N'Zoth / Ressurect / Kel'thuzad etc all work with these cards

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mukla + Young Dragonhawk, 4 Mana 6/6 Windfury give opponent 2 bananas.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
There's a lot of highroll potential here, like:

• Vicious fledgeling + stranglethorn tiger = 8 mana 8/8 with stealth and adapt on hit. Next turn has the strong potential for 16 damage (windfury) + secondary effect.
  • Knuckles + stranglethorn tiger = 10 mana 8/12 with stealth that hits minions + face.
  • Dispatch Kodo + damned near anything
  • Scavenging hyena + almost anything

But there's also a lot of low roll potential too. Especially when you need to have something big when this is costing 2 mana to create, and it's coming after turn 6 anyway. Rolling a young dragonhawk + jeweled mccaw on turn 8 and having it cost 2 mana to do so would be pretty shitty.

Assuming the game slows waaaay down tho, there's some interesting stuff you could do with Hunter's handbuff and dinomancy mechanics. But ya, not holding my breath on the game slowing THAT much.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot of highroll potential here, like:

• Vicious fledgeling + stranglethorn tiger = 8 mana 8/8 with stealth and adapt on hit. Next turn has the strong potential for 16 damage (windfury) + secondary effect.
  • Knuckles + stranglethorn tiger = 10 mana 8/12 with stealth that hits minions + face.
  • Dispatch Kodo + damned near anything
  • Scavenging hyena + almost anything

But there's also a lot of low roll potential too. Especially when you need to have something big when this is costing 2 mana to create, and it's coming after turn 6 anyway. Rolling a young dragonhawk + jeweled mccaw on turn 8 and having it cost 2 mana to do so would be pretty shitty.

Assuming the game slows waaaay down tho, there's some interesting stuff you could do with Hunter's handbuff and dinomancy mechanics. But ya, not holding my breath on the game slowing THAT much.
Well you don't want dinomancy in this deck, mccaw would be fine with dhawk since it generates another resource. A lot of the 1 and 2 costs are actually pretty good imo.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Free Arena Run & Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Packs During The Frost Festival

According to data in today's Hearthstone update, we're going to see some freebies for taking part in the upcoming Frost Festival.

The Frost Festival will last at least 3 weeks long according to game files.
Each week during the festival you will get a free arena run.
Each week you will be able to earn a Frozen Throne card pack if you play 3 arena games.
Additionally, everyone starts each run with a free win. Yay extra rewards!

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I did. If you have most of the legendaries in a set it's almost silly not to now, because you're guaranteed to get it back if you open enough packs.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else dusting their Rogue Quest now?

Not sure if I will. I might want to use it in a rogue deck with new cards, depends what is released. I'm not opening any packs until the change happens anyway so would I rather get another Caverns or something else? In the end, it'll work out the same. I have all good stuff right now.

Right now I'm sitting on 7,000 gold, 6 unopened Un'Goro packs, and about 1.2k dust. I'll do the usual $50 preorder. With all the freebies and with 1.5 months or so until next expansion, I'll be close to 9k gold probably by then and 10+ Un'Goro packs depending on brawls/freebies/arena thing they are doing.

-----

Regarding yesterday's patch, I think a change that is severely overlooked:
The following minions are now Elementals:
  • Jade Spirit, Djinni of Zephyrs, Flame of Azzinoth, Mana Geode, and Hallazeal, the Ascended.

Hallazeal as an Elemental is insane imo.
Also Jade Spirit.

These 2 cards in an Elemental Shaman deck could bump it up a notch.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
went 3-2 with this deck:

Jade Elemental - Hearthstone Decks

Won vs Freeze Mage, Jade Druid, Pirate Warrior
Lost to 2x Aggro Druids because I couldnt draw a single spell, even with full mulligan.

(I drew a Maelstrom when it was way too late)

• 2Like