Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh, I think plain old control warlock simply isn't going to function without the powerful neutral healing that they clearly intend to never print again, and warlock DK power not being able to go face is terrible. I'd bust Jaraxxus back out before I ran that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping
My initial impression:

Warrior DK seems good/great for tempo warrior. Tempo warrior might make a big return. Works great with Gromm and Rotface, though Rotface, Gromm & DK might be too top-heavy for tempo list, I could see Rotface not making the cut.

Warlock DK has great effects (battlecry & hero power). No discard synergy means Warlock are struggling to find a deck. Maybe this DK gives them the sustain to bring back a control list or demon list. Tough to see where they go atm. The hero power is so insanely strong though, it can even be used as a 3 damage nuke to opponent's face. Possibly a Kazakus list will work now that they have an end game heal machine.

Warlock straight up power-creeped Drain Life, new spell is 2 mana, does same thing EXCEPT it can actually heal you MORE if there is spellpower in play... so 3 mana drain life strictly worse than 2 mana drain soul. (Drain life can target hero, drain soul is minion only).

Lich King is REALLY tough to gauge... 2 of the spells I don't want in my hand, the others are OP as hell. It's an RNG clown fiesta. Death Grip literally STEALS a card from your opponent's deck. Frostmourne is OP, but at 1/8 chance, how seriously do you save weapon removal for it? Anti-Magic Shell is crazy OP. I don't really ever want to play Army of the Dead or Doom Pact as a control player, but mid-range decks will, but will mid range decks play Lich King?

Stonehill Defender can discover Lich King. Paladin OP OP.
Agree on Lich King. Those two cards are such shit, especially army of the dead. Stonehill might be perma add to priest decks after this xpack as well.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I am looking at Hyldnir Frostrider. 3 mana 4/4 neutral with a battle cry to freeze your other minions. Who designed this thing? Why would anyone not put this in their deck? You play this after all your minions take their actions and the negative battle cry is nearly meaningless. Unless of course everyone is playing freeze shaman or w/e. Seems silly.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I am looking at Hyldnir Frostrider. 3 mana 4/4 neutral with a battle cry to freeze your other minions. Who designed this thing? Why would anyone not put this in their deck? You play this after all your minions take their actions and the negative battle cry is nearly meaningless. Unless of course everyone is playing freeze shaman or w/e. Seems silly.

But that Moorabi synergy, you can copy your Moorabi!!!!
I'm sure there will be some meme-deck that just duplicates tons of value cards.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Arfus legendary seems like instant dust material... although some of the Lich King cards are really good. 4 mana 2/2 though..

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Arfus legendary seems like instant dust material... although some of the Lich King cards are really good. 4 mana 2/2 though..

Was thinking same thing... no way am i playing a 4 mana 2/2 to get Doom Pact or Obliterate 9x out of 10.
That early in the game, Army of the Dead would actually be OP as hell, 6 mana card though, and it'll burn your spells, so still risky.

I actually don't see any cards I want to slot into my revised control Paladin list... Maybe the Lich King will prove to be an auto-include, but I'm content with discovering him off Stonehill... and I probably wouldn't even want him most cases.

Lich King is just so RNG... He's an Ironbark Protector that might give you a card to swing the game, or a card that'll fatigue you out, or steals a shitty card from your opponent, etc. The effects are SO random and all over the place that you can't really count on them which means he's probably unplayable in most cases....

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Was thinking same thing... no way am i playing a 4 mana 2/2 to get Doom Pact or Obliterate 9x out of 10.
That early in the game, Army of the Dead would actually be OP as hell, 6 mana card though, and it'll burn your spells, so still risky.

I actually don't see any cards I want to slot into my revised control Paladin list... Maybe the Lich King will prove to be an auto-include, but I'm content with discovering him off Stonehill... and I probably wouldn't even want him most cases.

Lich King is just so RNG... He's an Ironbark Protector that might give you a card to swing the game, or a card that'll fatigue you out, or steals a shitty card from your opponent, etc. The effects are SO random and all over the place that you can't really count on them which means he's probably unplayable in most cases....

Yeah it's hard to pay for that when Ysera has better stats and nearly all of her cards are useful. Even though she lacks a taunt and costs one more.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Being an 8/8 that stonehill can get in any deck is still pretty powerful. This guy stops damage or is a must answer card. The Ysera comparison is apt. Half of Ysera's value is the unknown power card she provides every turn. They are so variable that wins can come from anywhere. I see this being extremely similar even if the board clear sucks ass. The others all provide good value. The steal minion sounds like it totally removes from their deck. Even if it hits small ones, the RnG should favor you most of the time.

So what decks are people looking forward to trying? Mine are:

elemental mage
divine shield paladin
lock kazakus
deathrattle hunter
updated priest kazakus

These and Ramp druid. It's looking really powerful

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

elemental mage
divine shield paladin
lock kazakus
deathrattle hunter
updated priest kazakus

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

elemental mage
divine shield paladin
lock kazakus
deathrattle hunter
updated priest kazakus

Elemental Mage
control paladin
divine shield paladin
Priest something
freeze shaman
Demon Lock (maybe)

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I kind of want to craft Golden Uther DK just to see if the 4 Horsemen are also golden

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
On the topic of Arfus. Its a beast so maybe it will see play in deathrattle hunter.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
looking forward to finding play dead with grimestreet informant in my paladin deck and getting a 1 mana ashbringer.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to try a little of everything for sure:

Elemental mage with nzoth
Control paladin
Handbuff paladin
Fatigue warrior
Jade-taunt druid
Bigger druid
Millock
Demon Kazakus lock
Eternal servitude priest
Quest hunter
Control hunter
Control rogue
Jade rogue
Thief rogue
Nzoth rogue

No interest in any shaman decks. Freeze seems shitty and I'm guessing they'll continue to be a swam/evolve/bloodlust deck with some new stuff, maybe adding in water package since they have a draw 2 murloc card, and the totem already.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Elemental Freeze Shaman. Not all in with freezes, but using both spell freezes and elementals that freeze might be good. Tons of value potential with spirit echo and Moorabi.

All-in evolve Shaman. Just for the lulz.

Rav's Millock/NoModecklock looks interesting in some form.

Warlock in general will see lots of experimentation from me. I bet there's some busted deck lurking in there somewhere. At the least a wild lock deck will be fun even if it still sucks in standard.

Elemental mage looks very strong.

Tempo Warrior in some form looks strong.

Might be a spot for some handbuff decks with some of these new minions with lifesteal and that copy taunt minion.

Priest looks like a lot of fun. Tons of possibilities here, especially with the quest.

Deathrattle hunter will get some experimentation. Hard to say if it's any good though (likely not). Hunter now has tons of ways to trigger deathrattle before death tho. New spell, Terrorscale Stalker, Spiritsinger, Princess Huhu... deserves experimentation.

Druid looks.... weird. Hard to get a handle on what will turn out to be good IMO.

Paladin looks like it will just be more of the same archetypes but with new cards. I never get Paladin legendaries though, so eh.

Fuck rogues, I hate that class.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Around 15 cards weren't shown on stream but have been revealed, mostly commons that may see fringe or no play.

There is a 4 mana 5/5 that burns 3 cards whenever you play a card, like old fel reaver, seems great with treachery, you lose 3 cards too but so does opponent, unless they trade it away, need to find a way to make it stick and hard to remove without killing you lol

Edit:
636377182346630694.png

• 1Like