Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
first class specific giant?

I dont like this trend!

Seems pretty balanced though, you arent going to rush it due to the nature of overload, in fact it might not be very playable, but free 8/8s are still something... so shaman can get free 3/3, 5/5 and 8/8 now? (the new 3/3 neutral)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So now pirate warrior will always get their Arcanite reapers, yay....

I was thinking pirate warrior doesn't want to run something so slow, but yeah maybe a single copy would be worth it depending on the meta.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
also, it was made to be 11 mana specifically so that now you can evolve 10 mana minions into an 8/8. you can also evolve it again to get another 8/8 (mountain giant)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine turn 2 wild growth turn 3 fandral turn 4 innervate the dk if fandral lives
Hero power is not a card.
So for Blizzard consistency, you're probably correct :)

also, it was made to be 11 mana specifically so that now you can evolve 10 mana minions into an 8/8. you can also evolve it again to get another 8/8 (mountain giant)
And you can now devolve opponent giants to get rid of their buffs?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hero power is not a card.
So for Blizzard consistency, you're probably correct :)

Two new Death Knight hero cards released by Blizzard. • r/hearthstone

• [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]leandrombraz[/bcolor] 43 points 18 hours ago
    It will work for the hero battlecry since Fandral affect cards but it won't affect the hero power, which obviously isn't a card.
    • mdonais[+1] 479 points 18 hours ago
      Right, and I think we changed Fandral to work with the hero power too.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the part where people are arguing whether the attack buff stacks every time since it doesn't say "this turn" on the choice.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Card Dump & Final reveal is in ~4 hours.
We're at 100 cards released, 35 to be revealed/dumped today.

We still have to look forward to:

Druid:
1 Rare
1 Common

Hunter:
1 Epic
1 Rare

Paladin:
1 Rare
1 Common

Rogue:
2 Epic
1 Common

Shaman:
1 Rare

Warlock:
1 Deathknight
1 Common

Warrior:
1 Deathknight
1 Rare

All Cards are Revealed for:
Mage
Priest

Neutrals:
2 Legendaries
3 Epics
1 Rare
15 Common

--

The most hype is obviously for the remaining 2 Deathknights, especially Warlock... because right now Warlock seem to have no direction. Treachery combos seem janky and Discardlock has more support but still doesn't seem like it would work.

The Neutral legendaries have been lackluster so far but there is a lot of hype for the Lich King himself.

Epics can be very meta defining too and we've yet to see both Rogue Epics.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Discard warlock is such a retarded idea. I really hoped they would run away from it this xpack.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Theorycraft!!

So I have over 1800 wins with Paladin and definitely will play more, especially with the Uther DK.
I bounce between a midrange Murloc list, and Greedy Control list. Greedy control is definitely my favorite to play and got me to rank 38 legend at my peak.

That said, here's my current list vs a proposed list.

Changes:

-1x Aldor
-1x Elise the Trailblazer
-1x Ivory Knight
-1x Ragnaros Lightlord
-1x Harrison Jones
-1x The Curator
-1x Stampeding Kodo

+1x Blackguard
+1x Uther of the Ebon Blade
+2x Corpsetaker
+2x Bone Drake
+1x Lay on Hands

---

Reasonings:
I'm Replacing Harrison & Ragnaros with a Lay on Hands, which has additional synergy with the Blackguard if he sticks. Harrison has been my additional card draw engine and weapon counter, which may be necessary still, but many times he's a dead card.

I'm losing Aldor+Kodo package and also removing my Ivory Knight. Adding Corpsetakers will give me Lifesteal+Divine Shield+Taunt most of the time. If Wickerflame is already drawn then I'll not get Lifesteal, but still have excellent chances at Taunt+Divine Shield, and at worst, just Taunt.

In the end, 2x Corpsetakers will have extra synergy with Blackguard and increase my early survival slightly. I'm removing a 3 drop and 5 drop for 2x 4 drops.

Only 1x Blackguard because a 3/9 for 6 mana isn't very great on his own and I don't think it'll be consistent enough to use his effect to warrant 2 of him. Biggest Synergy will be dropping Blackguard after Truesilver or Uther's DK weapon is already equipped. It'll be a massive tempo swing in many cases.

Elise is a super greedy card atm that can easily be cut because now I want to add the 2x Bone Drake as additional greed and synergy with N'Zoth. Losing Curator card draw is made up for by Bone Drake giving additional resources.

One negative is I have no 5-drops now. Which may warrant cutting a Bone Drake and adding back Harrison or Kodo or Aldor. The deck is a little more consistent but has a slight 0.1 higher mana cost average.

1st Image is Current List, 2nd is Proposed:
3.JPG

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Theorycraft!!

So I have over 1800 wins with Paladin and definitely will play more, especially with the Uther DK.
I bounce between a midrange Murloc list, and Greedy Control list. Greedy control is definitely my favorite to play and got me to rank 38 legend at my peak.

That said, here's my current list vs a proposed list.

Changes:

-1x Aldor
-1x Elise the Trailblazer
-1x Ivory Knight
-1x Ragnaros Lightlord
-1x Harrison Jones
-1x The Curator
-1x Stampeding Kodo

+1x Blackguard
+1x Uther of the Ebon Blade
+2x Corpsetaker
+2x Bone Drake
+1x Lay on Hands

---

Reasonings:
I'm Replacing Harrison & Ragnaros with a Lay on Hands, which has additional synergy with the Blackguard if he sticks. Harrison has been my additional card draw engine and weapon counter, which may be necessary still, but many times he's a dead card.

I'm losing Aldor+Kodo package and also removing my Ivory Knight. Adding Corpsetakers will give me Lifesteal+Divine Shield+Taunt most of the time. If Wickerflame is already drawn then I'll not get Lifesteal, but still have excellent chances at Taunt+Divine Shield, and at worst, just Taunt.

In the end, 2x Corpsetakers will have extra synergy with Blackguard and increase my early survival slightly. I'm removing a 3 drop and 5 drop for 2x 4 drops.

Only 1x Blackguard because a 3/9 for 6 mana isn't very great on his own and I don't think it'll be consistent enough to use his effect to warrant 2 of him. Biggest Synergy will be dropping Blackguard after Truesilver or Uther's DK weapon is already equipped. It'll be a massive tempo swing in many cases.

Elise is a super greedy card atm that can easily be cut because now I want to add the 2x Bone Drake as additional greed and synergy with N'Zoth. Losing Curator card draw is made up for by Bone Drake giving additional resources.

One negative is I have no 5-drops now. Which may warrant cutting a Bone Drake and adding back Harrison or Kodo or Aldor. The deck is a little more consistent but has a slight 0.1 higher mana cost average.

1st Image is Current List, 2nd is Proposed:
View attachment 150906

I always like your lists and prefer control pally over murloc as well. I never liked Elise in your previous list so I agree with that, Rag, Aldor and Kodo. I prefer keeping Curator and just adding one bone drake. Curator still probably nets you two cards, thins your deck, and provides two great options. I like the Corpsetakers a lot and still want to experiment with Blackguard(I agree on just one). I'm still torn on Ivory Knight, LoH, and even Forbidden Healing. I'm thinking of removing FH for one of the other two options. Your new deck has Corpsetakers for additional insurance for getting to the late game. That makes the additional options from IK and FoH more valuable than just a giant heal would in most circumstances.

Jones is another issue as well. As you mentioned, this deck can pull massive tempo swings through weapon use. It's still early but Jones may be necessary for mirror matches alone. I just don't know how to fit him in and it will probably be constant meta add/subtract with him.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I always like your lists and prefer control pally over murloc as well. I never liked Elise in your previous list so I agree with that, Rag, Aldor and Kodo. I prefer keeping Curator and just adding one bone drake. Curator still probably nets you two cards, thins your deck, and provides two great options. I like the Corpsetakers a lot and still want to experiment with Blackguard(I agree on just one). I'm still torn on Ivory Knight, LoH, and even Forbidden Healing. I'm thinking of removing FH for one of the other two options. Your new deck has Corpsetakers for additional insurance for getting to the late game. That makes the additional options from IK and FoH more valuable than just a giant heal would in most circumstances.

Jones is another issue as well. As you mentioned, this deck can pull massive tempo swings through weapon use. It's still early but Jones may be necessary for mirror matches alone. I just don't know how to fit him in and it will probably be constant meta add/subtract with him.

I do like Curator and his effect to thin deck, I have been running into issues where I can't play Curator due to too many cards in hand, actually happens more frequently then I'd like. Which is funny since the current list has no card draw... all those discovers & kodo secrets add up though.

1 Bone Drake is probably good enough, it's a greedy card so not even necessary, but I want to try it out anyway, adds to N'Zoth value. Getting Drakonid Operative would be so funny, or even Ysera/Onyxia/Alex/etc.

Keep in mind that Blackguard+FH on 10 mana is a 8 point heal AND 8 damage nuke to a minion, pretty damn strong... Blackguard+Truesilver can kill a 6 health target, and of course the new weapon is even better. FH is pretty much necessary to win against burn mage, it's so strong that I keep it in my mulligan when against mage. I just had a loss this weekend because I dumped FH and then never drew it against burn mage... Mage is "typically" slow enough you can keep it, plus if it's Secret mage its a 0 cost spell you can throw into Counterspell.

So imo FH is important.. but only 1 copy.

I do like Harrison or Ooze still... Weapons will probably still be everywhere

Ivory Knight is a "nice" card... but I really find it to be a win more in most cases. When I need a 6+ point heal I always get presented with 1 cost spells, without fail. It's another pseudo card draw which is nice in a low-draw deck like this, but that's why I'm going to put Bone Drakes, since they are also pseudo card draw.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I do like Curator and his effect to thin deck, I have been running into issues where I can't play Curator due to too many cards in hand, actually happens more frequently then I'd like. Which is funny since the current list has no card draw... all those discovers & kodo secrets add up though.

1 Bone Drake is probably good enough, it's a greedy card so not even necessary, but I want to try it out anyway, adds to N'Zoth value. Getting Drakonid Operative would be so funny, or even Ysera/Onyxia/Alex/etc.

Keep in mind that Blackguard+FH on 10 mana is a 8 point heal AND 8 damage nuke to a minion, pretty damn strong... Blackguard+Truesilver can kill a 6 health target, and of course the new weapon is even better. FH is pretty much necessary to win against burn mage, it's so strong that I keep it in my mulligan when against mage. I just had a loss this weekend because I dumped FH and then never drew it against burn mage... Mage is "typically" slow enough you can keep it, plus if it's Secret mage its a 0 cost spell you can throw into Counterspell.

So imo FH is important.. but only 1 copy.

I do like Harrison or Ooze still... Weapons will probably still be everywhere

Ivory Knight is a "nice" card... but I really find it to be a win more in most cases. When I need a 6+ point heal I always get presented with 1 cost spells, without fail. It's another pseudo card draw which is nice in a low-draw deck like this, but that's why I'm going to put Bone Drakes, since they are also pseudo card draw.

Yeah, I was thinking same about Ivory Knight. It just doesn't get what you need most of the time and I need to get past my like of it. LoH may be too much card draw as you mention(curator). Blackguard is incredibly powerful especially if the meta gets more controlling. It's incredibly random if it stays aggro. That may be the biggest selling point for FH(it's versatility). I'm hoping to see more deck ideas here as we get the full release info. Always fun for the first month.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just remembered getting Sindragosa from Bone Drake would be hilarious as well, especially if you can use N'Zoth afterwards.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warlock-10 mana summon all demons that died. Hero power is 2 mana deals 3 dmg and life steal.

Warrior- Disenchants into 400 dust.

• 2Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm at work someone post cool cards and dks

Warrior: Equip 4/3 Frostmourne, deals damage to target & Adjacent Enemies. Hero power is a 2 mana whirlwind
Warlock is what Ishad said
Lich King: 8 mana 8/8 taunt, at end of turn add a "DeathKnight card" to your hand. There are 8 DeathKnight cards, all spells & 1 weapon, which do stuff.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
. Warr DK really does look like shit. Competing with hunter for most worthless. Lock one is solid.

Edit- Read Doomerang wrong. Not garbage but not what I had though lol.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My initial impression:

Warrior DK seems good/great for tempo warrior. Tempo warrior might make a big return. Works great with Gromm and Rotface, though Rotface, Gromm & DK might be too top-heavy for tempo list, I could see Rotface not making the cut.

Warlock DK has great effects (battlecry & hero power). No discard synergy means Warlock are struggling to find a deck. Maybe this DK gives them the sustain to bring back a control list or demon list. Tough to see where they go atm. The hero power is so insanely strong though, it can even be used as a 3 damage nuke to opponent's face. Possibly a Kazakus list will work now that they have an end game heal machine.

Warlock straight up power-creeped Drain Life, new spell is 2 mana, does same thing EXCEPT it can actually heal you MORE if there is spellpower in play... so 3 mana drain life strictly worse than 2 mana drain soul. (Drain life can target hero, drain soul is minion only).

Lich King is REALLY tough to gauge... 2 of the spells I don't want in my hand, the others are OP as hell. It's an RNG clown fiesta. Death Grip literally STEALS a card from your opponent's deck. Frostmourne is OP, but at 1/8 chance, how seriously do you save weapon removal for it? Anti-Magic Shell is crazy OP. I don't really ever want to play Army of the Dead or Doom Pact as a control player, but mid-range decks will, but will mid range decks play Lich King?

Stonehill Defender can discover Lich King. Paladin OP OP.

• 1Like