Hearthstone

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ, I suck at this game.
Tried both a Jade Druid and Stealing Priest against Marrowgar and just keep losing (10+ tries). What am I missing?
You are missing murloc paladin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate innervate way more than any other Druid card.

Spreading plague is hilarious compared next to protect the king. 3 mana 1/1s vs 5 mana 1/5s

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hate innervate way more than any other Druid card.

Spreading plague is hilarious compared next to protect the king. 3 mana 1/1s vs 5 mana 1/5s

Innervate Spreading Plague on turn 3 vs [any aggro deck] and you either win the game outright or stall long enough that you can just win with ramp. Just punishes you so hard for playing minions.

It's lulz.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I read a really apt comment on Jade Druid the other day. So while Jade has always been a bit of a fringe deck and not necessarily a dominating deck by itself. Jade had a huge weakness to aggro decks. With the addition of UI and Plague they can now survive against aggro very well.

Meanwhile you need to run Geist, draw Geist and play it while sacrificing your own 1 mana spells for whatever class you're playing just so you don't automatically lose to it.

From the moment the card was printed most people knew Jade Idol effectively neutered control decks and outright murdered fatigue decks. It's quite accurate to say that the deck, despite its average win rate, warps the entire meta just to avoid/mitigate it. Pushing the meta away from control and to heavy aggro even moreso than usual.

Which is simply made worse by cards like Plague so their primary weakness isn't a major weakness anymore.

The thing is that a lot of people see it this way and nothing is done. A lot of intelligent people with a lot of interest vested in the game. Meanwhile the devs are like: Hurr durr accordin' to our INTERNAL statistics, shit's not so bad!!

There's no need for internal statistics anymore. There's so much data recording and mining across Hearthstone that their "internal" statistics provide marginal benefit to any analysis.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Spreading Plague vs Protect the King is a funny comparison for sure. It's like cmon guys... where's the middle ground?

1/3s for 4 mana or something could have been a decent middle ground. The mana cost doesn't even matter much, you're gated by your opponent more than anything.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
People are stuck on the opinion that Geist is a bad card that doesn't help you win vs Jade Druid, so it's underrepresented while people just hope Blizzard nerfs Druid. The real problem though, is that Aggro Druid is the actual strong deck.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Spreading Plague vs Protect the King is a funny comparison for sure. It's like cmon guys... where's the middle ground?

1/3s for 4 mana or something could have been a decent middle ground. The mana cost doesn't even matter much, you're gated by your opponent more than anything.

1/5's are just bullshit because they are totally out of range of most AOE and require major removal or big minions to get rid of.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
People are stuck on the opinion that Geist is a bad card that doesn't help you win vs Jade Druid, so it's underrepresented while people just hope Blizzard nerfs Druid. The real problem though, is that Aggro Druid is the actual strong deck.

Aggro druid was strong in Ungoro too. All you really add to Aggo is Bonemare and Swarm druid. Sometimes Crypt Lord.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Without Jade Idol existing, it IS a bad card.
So you tech a bad card in your deck because of Jade Druid, which is ~16% of the ladder. Still doesn't help against Aggro druid which is ~9% of the ladder.

It only works in decks that plan to go to fatigue.

I think the Fake leaked card would have been a better option tbh (if 3 copies of same card are in opponent hand/deck, you win).

Because Geist is by no means an auto-win.

I can only fit it into Control Paladin, I don't know how you put it in most other classes. (And honestly, in Control Paladin it's probably worth putting a Bonemare or something instead)

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Geist just means that you won't guarantee a loss not that you will guarantee a win. For fatigue decks anyway.

Like he said, it's not necessarily required in a control deck that isn't designed to go to fatigue and has some good tempo or combo win condition.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

With ramp combined with Nourish/UI as card draw I hardly need a game to go long enough to cycle my idols. With all the card draw Ramping just leads to full on aggro on turn 5-7 with big creatures. Ramps weakness used to be having all that mana early, but not having enough cards to play. That's a non-issue now.

That's why Ramp druid without Jades is a good deck, it's why taunt druid is a good deck. Jade is just one direction to go. And frankly versus Mage or Priest, Jade is weaker then those, as you have to push past Jade#4/5 to avoid AEs. Depending on "bad" luck during ramp I've been at 10 mana but on Jade#2, Decaying Plague, Jade Behemoths or card draw are what I need at that point not a 1 mana jade card to reshuffle into the deck. Hell versus aggro decks I don't even reshuffle, I just drop the second idol to keep the Jade# growing, can't afford the drop in tempo.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm

I feel as though Blizzard got confused into printing a Druid card as a solution to aggro. Yes, giving players something that can respond to aggro is a great idea. No, making it class-specific is a terrible idea. If it was a neutral card, it would be an auto-include in every single deck for every class - both to protect against aggro, and to generate more tokens for aggro.

.....but if it was neutral, I doubt it would have made the cut with 1/5s for 5 mana.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hey I found out that a few IRL friends still play this and I saw you all moaning about Jade Idol, so I went and disenchanted my way to a Jade Druid deck.

It's pretty good, winning most of my matches. The problem is that Hearthstone hasn't definied what each class can and can't do as strictly as Magic The Gathering has, you shouldn't be able to ramp this this quickly and draw this many cards while also getting creatures down AND dealing direct damage to creatures.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit that this is a deck that is very hard to deal with. There are answers but often times the deck can still win out. Players have a chance if no ramp is drawn but if ramp is drawn then it can be very difficult to catch up. Something will get nerfed. Its just too strong of a deck being able to ramp and then draw your hand back up allowing a player to plop down large targets. If the Druid did not have the ability to draw more cards it would be better balanced. I have played the deck a few times now. I got beat by a Priest but in that game I got no ramp and he picked out the Lich King giving him 2 in that game. His Lich king gave him the draw 5 and place all creatures on the board. He got five creatures. It took that kind of game to beat me. It seems that random luck is the only thing that can really beat this deck. The only thing I do not like about the deck is that it takes a long time to play it.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have to admit that this is a deck that is very hard to deal with. There are answers but often times the deck can still win out. Players have a chance if no ramp is drawn but if ramp is drawn then it can be very difficult to catch up. Something will get nerfed. Its just too strong of a deck being able to ramp and then draw your hand back up allowing a player to plop down large targets. If the Druid did not have the ability to draw more cards it would be better balanced. I have played the deck a few times now. I got beat by a Priest but in that game I got no ramp and he picked out the Lich King giving him 2 in that game. His Lich king gave him the draw 5 and place all creatures on the board. He got five creatures. It took that kind of game to beat me. It seems that random luck is the only thing that can really beat this deck. The only thing I do not like about the deck is that it takes a long time to play it.

Aggro still wins more often than not. Murloc Paladin can stomp, especially since the Murlocs can get Poisonous or just very large very quickly to bypass Plague...

But yea, most of the "fun" decks people wanted to play aren't viable due to Jade Druid. Perhaps Elemental Mage, Tempo Warrior, or Hunter would be more viable if not for Jades.

I played a Hunter DK deck and won vs everyone except druid. DK value is irrelevant vs Jades.

• 1Like