Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay something is reallly fucked up with Arena right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Any more details than that?

Either I am horribly horribly unlucky but I just encountered 4 of the most insane decks I have ever seen. All Warlock. It seems that their synergy algorithm is getting warlock to get all of their demon cards really easily.

Every warlock (all different users) had Silverware, abyssal enf, doomguard and so on.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will say it's great how death knight cards add yet another level of RNG assfuckery to the game. Oh, you got Frostmourne or Anti-magic shell? Guess I just lose!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Either I am horribly horribly unlucky but I just encountered 4 of the most insane decks I have ever seen. All Warlock. It seems that their synergy algorithm is getting warlock to get all of their demon cards really easily.

Every warlock (all different users) had Silverware, abyssal enf, doomguard and so on.

I got a weird streak like that in my past couple now that you mention it - not necessarily insane decks but similar ones from my batch of opponents last few arenas. Seems every arena is like 80% one class that I pair against. One was mostly Priest, one mostly Paladin, one mostly Druid. Can't think of anything alarming synergywise that occurred in many of them, but the Druid one was odd that every single Druid was running multiple Jade Idols (either casting two on the same turn w/o draw or using their first as a golem made that clear) - have never seen someone trying to pull jade package in Arena, but then suddenly 3 out of like 5 opponents in that Arena were.

Didn't really think of it as anything other than dumb luck though - but I'd forgotten that they were working on "synergy improvements" or whatever.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I will say it's great how death knight cards add yet another level of RNG assfuckery to the game. Oh, you got Frostmourne or Anti-magic shell? Guess I just lose!

I get Doom Pact and Army of the Dead seriously 90% of the fucking time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

Yeah the DK cards are really uneven in power.

As a side note, I now rock a BGH in my Jade Druid deck, solely to kill the inevitable Lich King in every deck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Druid is as meta warping as quest rogue was but is far worse as it is a tier 1 deck as well.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Problem with this meta as opposed to the past, is it's not just 1 deck.. it's an entire class. Druid is just good. You can't mulligan properly because it can be like 4 different decks.

Un'Goro was a pretty decent expansion, even if Quests ended up being mostly a bust, this expansion they dropped the ball on like 2-3 cards and it's really bad. Aside from Druid cards, Bonemare is a COMMON that is literally better than the Don Han'Cho Legendary, like ????

Bonemare isn't necessarily a huge issue, but it still makes no sense.

At least I was pretty accurate about Druid with my initial assessment. I had said Jade & Aggro were looking to be strong. It's pretty bad when the cards are just so good that it's kinda a no brainer.

Here's a snip from my decktracker, doesn't have my tablet matches but still:

1.JPG

19 Druids in 23 Matches in that stretch.

And again, it's like 48% aggro, 48% jade, and 4% taunt/big/whatever

---

My recommendation.........

I don't even know. There's so many things that probably need to be addressed to even "nerf" druid. The biggest is Ultimate Infestation as it's the fuel that makes these decks so powerful, it opens up the ability to Ramp, however, Ramp is a big problem, always has been...

I do agree with Reynad that Innervate needs to go to the HoF. It doesn't even abide by any other ramp spell rules, all the other ramps add permanent crystals, mostly "empty" ones. Innervate is basically a spell that allows you to skip ahead 2 turns.

I liked a Reddit suggestion that said Innervate should "refill 2 empty mana crystals"..... however, I think this should be a NEW spell that replaces Innervate, this way current version of innervate can still exist in Wild.

"New" Innervate would fix a lot of the broken turn 1s we see with Aggro Druid, could use it to play another 2-drop, or 1s, or squeeze a hero power, but can't jump ahead and play Fledgling turn 1, which would help a lot when trying to mulligan vs Druid, you could be a little more greedy in case it's Jades.

Looking ahead to next rotation.. 8 months from now.... Druid are losing quite a bit, (Jades, Mark of Lotus, Fandral, Feral Rage, Mire Keeper, Kun)... So obviously Jade Druid won't be a problem anymore, but Aggro will still wreak havoc, and the taunt deck might replace Jades... But I really don't want to wait 8 months to cut the druid opponents in half.

---

A ton of decks are pushed out of the meta because of Druid and even with Skulking Geist it's because of the variety of Druid decks. They still push out most control lists because simply put, Geist just makes your matches against Aggro/Taunt even worse, or you won't even draw it in time, because Druid will be 75% through their deck by the time you get to your turn 10.

---

Looking at my stats, I'm actually right on the Average, sporting a 62% win rate with Druid this season. Only 50% with Paladin/Priest, and other classes are worse.

That 62% is all Jade Druid going 23-14. Decent sample size.

It just doesn't make sense playing anything else right now. Paladin has been performing much worse after they started teching in Silence, BGH, Black Knight. And they draw too fast for Control Paladin to reliably have the tools in time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Problem with this meta as opposed to the past, is it's not just 1 deck.. it's an entire class. Druid is just good. You can't mulligan properly because it can be like 4 different decks.

Un'Goro was a pretty decent expansion, even if Quests ended up being mostly a bust, this expansion they dropped the ball on like 2-3 cards and it's really bad. Aside from Druid cards, Bonemare is a COMMON that is literally better than the Don Han'Cho Legendary, like ????

Bonemare isn't necessarily a huge issue, but it still makes no sense.

At least I was pretty accurate about Druid with my initial assessment. I had said Jade & Aggro were looking to be strong. It's pretty bad when the cards are just so good that it's kinda a no brainer.

Here's a snip from my decktracker, doesn't have my tablet matches but still:

View attachment 151711

19 Druids in 23 Matches in that stretch.

And again, it's like 48% aggro, 48% jade, and 4% taunt/big/whatever

---

My recommendation.........

I don't even know. There's so many things that probably need to be addressed to even "nerf" druid. The biggest is Ultimate Infestation as it's the fuel that makes these decks so powerful, it opens up the ability to Ramp, however, Ramp is a big problem, always has been...

I do agree with Reynad that Innervate needs to go to the HoF. It doesn't even abide by any other ramp spell rules, all the other ramps add permanent crystals, mostly "empty" ones. Innervate is basically a spell that allows you to skip ahead 2 turns.

I liked a Reddit suggestion that said Innervate should "refill 2 empty mana crystals"..... however, I think this should be a NEW spell that replaces Innervate, this way current version of innervate can still exist in Wild.

"New" Innervate would fix a lot of the broken turn 1s we see with Aggro Druid, could use it to play another 2-drop, or 1s, or squeeze a hero power, but can't jump ahead and play Fledgling turn 1, which would help a lot when trying to mulligan vs Druid, you could be a little more greedy in case it's Jades.

Looking ahead to next rotation.. 8 months from now.... Druid are losing quite a bit, (Jades, Mark of Lotus, Fandral, Feral Rage, Mire Keeper, Kun)... So obviously Jade Druid won't be a problem anymore, but Aggro will still wreak havoc, and the taunt deck might replace Jades... But I really don't want to wait 8 months to cut the druid opponents in half.

---

A ton of decks are pushed out of the meta because of Druid and even with Skulking Geist it's because of the variety of Druid decks. They still push out most control lists because simply put, Geist just makes your matches against Aggro/Taunt even worse, or you won't even draw it in time, because Druid will be 75% through their deck by the time you get to your turn 10.

---

Looking at my stats, I'm actually right on the Average, sporting a 62% win rate with Druid this season. Only 50% with Paladin/Priest, and other classes are worse.

That 62% is all Jade Druid going 23-14. Decent sample size.

It just doesn't make sense playing anything else right now. Paladin has been performing much worse after they started teching in Silence, BGH, Black Knight. And they draw too fast for Control Paladin to reliably have the tools in time.

Good assessment. I was crushing druid first few days with control pally and priest. After that, it was too obvious how broken UI and plague were. As you mentioned earlier, they can now tech in lots of tricks and are very consistent no matter the deck. I've had many games where they have 5-8 cards left in their deck when I hit around the halfway mark of mine. I'm having to hope like hell that I've found answers while they just continue to smash them in turn after turn.

I was even teching in 2 Geists just to hopefully get one by turn 6 to smash druid and shammy. Unfortunately, the other druid decks aren't really affected and they are ready to hit their endgame cards even in jade. I've given in to the dark side and even without BK and their DK, I'm still winning with druid. It's not as bad of a feeling to lose compared to quest rogue...but it's more likely which is exactly what they should have tested against. Once again, Blizzard does almost no testing. They are too focused on the future expansion while letting OP cards dominate the meta for most of a season.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good assessment. I was crushing druid first few days with control pally and priest. After that, it was too obvious how broken UI and plague were. As you mentioned earlier, they can now tech in lots of tricks and are very consistent no matter the deck. I've had many games where they have 5-8 cards left in their deck when I hit around the halfway mark of mine. I'm having to hope like hell that I've found answers while they just continue to smash them in turn after turn.

I was even teching in 2 Geists just to hopefully get one by turn 6 to smash druid and shammy. Unfortunately, the other druid decks aren't really affected and they are ready to hit their endgame cards even in jade. I've given in to the dark side and even without BK and their DK, I'm still winning with druid. It's not as bad of a feeling to lose compared to quest rogue...but it's more likely which is exactly what they should have tested against. Once again, Blizzard does almost no testing. They are too focused on the future expansion while letting OP cards dominate the meta for most of a season.

Started playing Plague and Aggro druid to grind down the ladder. Alternating here and there.

The amount of flex you can do into plague druid is nuts. Much less so with aggro but whatever.

Got Putricide in a pack. But at least not the princes!

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Its so awesome that the HS meta is so out of control a turn 2 doomsayer dies to damage. Get fucked Team 5 you have no idea how to balance your game

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The devs never disappoint, would think after 3+ years of fucking up they would bring in some experieced CCG devs/players.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like