Hearthstone

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Suddenly some of those new warlock demons don't seem so bad. Along with some of those old ones...

636474564768709012.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is a powerful weapon for Warlock. Warlock might make a nice comeback now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they'll nerf the oozes and then make a new neutral legendary ooze that only works if you have no cards with odd mana costs in your deck.

• 2Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That is a strong as fuck warlock weapon. But of course it's susceptible to RNG.
Still seems great.

New card with new mechanic:

• You can use the spell as many times as you want in one turn.
  • At the end of your turn, the card is removed from your hand.
636474672533464562.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems pretty niche. Maybe a version of evo shama will come out that isn't about a wide board? Dunno. Kind of goes against how you play evo.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's a very strong spell.

Top deck it with 0 cards in hand: HP + this X 8 to get a 9 drop minion
On turn 3 you can cast it 3x on your 2-drop to get a 5 drop (or some situation similar)
On wide board later in game, you can spread around the casts or focus on 1-2 minions, increasing their power several times over each.

Current Evolve is +1 to everything, this thing can evolve:
1 minion 10x
2 minions 5x
3 minions 3.33x
4 minions 2.5x
5 minions 2x

ALSO, it can be used with Auctioneer

And someone on Reddit had a crazy idea to remove Mana tides, run the 3-drop legendary that copies a minion so you can copy a Sorc/Radiant Ele and cast this infinitely in 1 turn. (With lots of priest/mages, it might work). Also shaman don't run many 3-drops... Manatide/ Lightning Storm the main 2

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tenks

People on /r/HS are talking about playing this with a minion that lowers spell cost. That may work. But I don't know if this is tagged as "Spell" or not. It almost feels like it can't be unless you want it to proc Auctioneer a ton of times or play it before Yogg and get 8 free spells.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It is a spell, if it's not a minion, weapon, or hero card, then it's a spell. There are no other card types.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tenks

I know that but it just seems super broken to be able to repeat a spell. Possibly with these new repeatable cards it is only counted as a spell once and the repeats aren't. We don't really know how the mechanic works.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I know that but it just seems super broken to be able to repeat a spell. Possibly with these new repeatable cards it is only counted as a spell once and the repeats aren't. We don't really know how the mechanic works.
Oh.. well the dev guy said it returns back to your hand and at the end of your turn it disappears, so looks like it'll be a spell for each cast. And yea, that Yogg interaction could be fun in Shaman. RNG everything. RNG minions and RNG finisher, sounds great :D

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
I could see that being almost auto-include in any shaman deck. You wouldn't even need an evolve theme. It's like video poker... don't like the minion you just evolved into? Take another spin at the wheel!

EDIT: Token shaman with Bloodlust, Violet Teachers, Illidan and Yogg. LOL

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I could see that being almost auto-include in any shaman deck. You wouldn't even need an evolve theme. It's like video poker... don't like the minion you just evolved into? Take another spin at the wheel!

EDIT: Token shaman with Bloodlust, Violet Teachers, Illidan and Yogg. LOL
Yea it really seems like it could be an auto-include, even if not in a full evolve package deck. Card just seems good, never a dead draw tbh. And opens up some other possibilities, like card draw with Auctioneer or the Teacher/Illidan/Yogg stuff as mentioned above. Might be the new 1 mana cancer card tbh.

• 2Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they gave shaman something for it’s one viable build instead of shitty freeze cards.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Freeze shaman wouldn't have to be shitty, if they had more to support it. A frost nova-like spell for instance, AKA Moorabi steals the opponent's board. But with just a bad weapon, frost shooooock, 1 mana freeze elemental, and that freeze + taunt minion to back it up, it's just not good enough.

I did have some fun stealing my quest priest opponent's Amara, but that was before the meta was settled :)

• 1Like

Tenks

My wife had a pretty decent freeze shaman deck. The idea seems to be using a bunch of the battlecry freeze guys and putting the heavy overload taunt dudes to survive the early game and try and finish it out late midrange time with those 8/8 guys who lower in cost with overload. It isn't tier1 (or probably even tier2) but it does work out alright.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Lightning Storm has Overload with it right? Just like the discard mechanic the Overload mechanic is fucking retarded and I find it will lose you more games than the overpowered card you were able to play.
err.. then I think you are approaching it wrong. Overload just delays paying the mana cost. A one sided 2-3 damage board clear would cost 5ish mana. You only pay 3 now and 2 the next turn for it. A 7/7 should cost 6-7 mana, you pay 4 for it up front and 2 the next turn.

Ex: It's turn 5, you and opponent both have minions on board, you hero power or play a 2 drop and then use lightning storm to clear their board leaving your minions. On their turn, they play some more minions, but they can't attack. On your turn, you've now got access to 4 mana, and all the minions from the last turn. This has built up a larger board then you had before using lightning storm, and now you could get a bigger evolve off or otherwise push that advantage further. If it didn't have overload, you wouldn't have enough mana to play that 2 drop the same turn. Sometimes, that's the spellpower totem to make the lightning storm better.

As a rule of thumb, you don't want to use lightning storm on just 1-2 minions unless you have to. Or, you want it to be doing at least 6 damage. So, if you have spell power out and it's guaranteed to clear 2 minions that would otherwise get really good trades on you (like two 3/3's when you have two 2/3's out) that can be good enough.

Of course, these are minimum use scenarios. Sometimes, you get to clear 4+ minions and swing the board completely back in your favor.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Stuff since last night:

636474931806975705.png

Has Yeti stats, powerful effect, an elemental.... seems really good.

636474997911764495.png

The final Secret for Rogue. Seems good, it's a pseudo-ice block. You can take damage from 1 source and then are immune. It might actually see a lot of play if we are to compare to Ice Block. Seems scary.

By comparison, the other 2 Rogue secrets are likely unplayable: (return a minion back to hand & make a minion attack it's neighbor).

636475140437215445.png

It's kinda okay in Shaman and maybe Paladin, especially shaman evolve tricks, as a top-deck you get a 1/1 and 6/6 for 7 mana. Raw stats for 5 mana are certainly decent, and the transform can act as a pseudo-heal (will remove any end-of-turn/deathrattles/taunts/etc).

1.JPG

Since we know 1 mana buys you 5 armor, you're basically spending 5 mana for the bonus effect (and card efficiency). Most seem decent. Gaining 15 armor maybe the worst except it goes well with the new Legendary. Deal 5 damage always relevant... and it can go face. Summon a 5/5 is the exact same as playing Shieldmaiden, which saw tons of play. Summon an Arcanite Reaper for 5 is always just fine. Seems like another good card for warrior.

2.JPG

Very very strange card. The "cast when drawn" I assume will be on Random Targets, so you could end up pyroblasting yourself and other bullshit? Might need some clarification on how the casting works here. Seems like a huge liability. Also, do they count towards quest, buff Yogg, proc Medivh? Probably not...

Edit: And it's random *any* spell.. not just mage. LoL
Edit2: So looks like the token cards will behave just like Yogg, not adding toward quest, completely RNG, not activating spell triggers. So playing this card is basically playing a 5-card Yogg, but you get the random triggers not all at once (unless you have an empty deck and then cast this)... I mean.... for 10 mana you can play a guranteed 10-spell Yogg. MAYBE there is a world this is played if we compare it to Yogg.

Last edited:
  • 2Like