Hearthstone

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
If the ambush doesn't let you draw again, I'm not sure it'll be that good. Early on sure, but free 4/4s are pretty inconsequential late in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
you do draw, and it's a spell that is put into your deck, so might have some other consequences, like maybe counterspell cancels it, or it triggers cat trick/mana bind.

The token spell:

636472916542169900.png

Also new card:

636473268404472770.png

4/10 taunt actually might see play... Druids have spent 7 mana on a 5/10...

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
You can already feel the rage when you play this on curve and it summons the poisonous snail for your opponent. Doesn't look too good to me on average if you can't exploit the summoning of an extra minion for your opponent (like with MC tech).

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Doomsayer is probably fine for you, unless you drop this on an empty board. Snail would be worst outcome for sure, but in most cases you're probably summoning a 2/2 average, so this is a 4/8 taunt for 6 on average, compared to Blossoms which is 3/8... so most likely this doesn't see play in competitive.

On the plus side, it's a super annoying minion vs Priest.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636473524198897464.png

So this card is a Removal that has synergy with Discard mechanics.
It's an interesting card, I feel like it will see play, perhaps in a Zoo/Discardlock deck.
Probably not in any DK/Control deck, but it could be a cheap Nether where you can cast this, tap, and play another card (<=4 mana) to regain board presence. Has possibilities for sure.

636473592470795808.png

This card seems bonkers. For 1 less mana we had the "recruit 3 1/1 dudes". 1 more mana and we're getting much higher quality cards. Flood Paladin might be the new (reborn) cancer. The recruit mechanic also acts as a draw mechanic, this card is drawing 3 specific cards and putting them directly into play, really crazy imo.

Edit: (from reddit) This card makes Millhouse Manastorm a viable card in Paladin now... a 4/4 with 2 other 2-drops seems pretty strong for 4 mana...

Edit2: Also Dirty Rat... 2/6 taunt, 2/6 taunt, 4/4 ... for 4 mana? OK.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
636473592470795808.png

This card seems bonkers. For 1 less mana we had the "recruit 3 1/1 dudes". 1 more mana and we're getting much higher quality cards. Flood Paladin might be the new (reborn) cancer. The recruit mechanic also acts as a draw mechanic, this card is drawing 3 specific cards and putting them directly into play, really crazy imo.

Edit: (from reddit) This card makes Millhouse Manastorm a viable card in Paladin now... a 4/4 with 2 other 2-drops seems pretty strong for 4 mana...

Edit2: Also Dirty Rat... 2/6 taunt, 2/6 taunt, 4/4 ... for 4 mana? OK.

Those are by far the best options. Loot hoarders and faerie dragons would also be pretty solid choices.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lorewalker cho would be kinda humorous, because it's likely opponent will need to use spells to remove your new board, and Paladin typically doesn't run many high impact spells.. except Steed, which you don't use till late anyways

636473700646889543.png

They still trying to make Quest Paladin work?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
ninja edited new card above...

So if you can Steed a target before playing this... it's "ok", if you cast 2x steed before this... it's really amazing... But loading up other buffs is probably unrealistic, as we've seen Quest Paladin flop pretty hard already. Getting extra Steeds for free isn't bad, but this is pretty expensive still and requires having used Steed at least once already

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
ninja edited new card above...

So if you can Steed a target before playing this... it's "ok", if you cast 2x steed before this... it's really amazing... But loading up other buffs is probably unrealistic, as we've seen Quest Paladin flop pretty hard already. Getting extra Steeds for free isn't bad, but this is pretty expensive still and requires having used Steed at least once already

Maybe once Raza and jades are gone, a quest pally deck might work ok. My guess is several new broken cards will just take their place but it would be nice to see some variety.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I look forward to watching the vods where the Quest Pally forgets they Lay on Hands'd one of their dudes.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So my first theorycraft deck for this expansion because I usually gravitate toward Paladin (over 2k wins), and these new cards got me a little excited (still not preordering).

Recruit Paladin

This is just a shell of an idea obviously.

Because "Call to Arms" Recruits 3 minions 2 or less, need to be considerate if we add 1-drops. I'm thinking not. Had "Lost in the Jungle" for combo with Level Up, but I think Drygulch Jailor might be a better fit for getting dudes. It's a deathrattle, so although it's a 1/1, the effect will payoff later where you can have a 1 mana dude waiting.

Also considered Smuggler's Run, which will probably make the final list once I cut the trash. But right now it's a borderline meme deck.

For two-drops, right now there are 12 2-drop minions... Need a lot for Call to Arms to not be too worthless, as you'll want to keep some 2s on the mulligan etc. Duskboar is a wtf-cut it minion for sure, but I thought it added to the meme potential.

Dirty Rat, Millhouse, and Cho are all risky. If you get Rat/Millhouse in your starter then you get kinda fucked. Cho can screw up your Kings/Steed turns... So possibly all get cut eventually.. maybe Rat stays if you add another Equality & some Aldors.

Only 1 copy of Level Up right now, because with Kings, Steed, and Call to Arms, there are already so many conditional spells. Level Up might just not work in this style deck, which means also cutting Jailor probably. I was thinking Jailor+Smugglers Run+Level Up could be some nice combos, and the dudes from Jailor do give you a 1 mana dude in a pinch for Kings/Steed/Bonemare.

Zola seems made for Paladin.
Can add another stonehill / tarim / lynessa / bonemare on same turn if necessary, or if lucky, tirion next turn.

Juggler seems nice with Call to Arms since you might get some juggles when played, but might not be too good after since this isn't really a flood deck, probably gets cut unless Lost in the Jungle or Stand Against Darkness is added...

I actually don't have any weapons in this list, which is bad, need to add something.
I've been toying with the idea of adding the new weapon because you might get some nice effects on your flooded board (after call to arms), but it's kinda worthless if you can't combo, or just do standard Rallying/Truesilver...

Anyway, that's my theorycraft of the day, will change a lot before I actually test it... namely the 2-drop list needs refinement.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Shaman reveals just now:

1.JPG

Seems pretty good if you can summon Al'Akir.... How often it happens will require some playtesting, but ideally it looks like you save the 2 drop to get the last piece needed (or use to HP+2drop+5drop, 9 mana). Maybe if lucky you get Al'Akir on turn 7, plus have a 5/5, 1/1, and 4 totems all in play?

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Have 3 totems on board, then hermit + stormcaller + spirit echo. Infinite Al'Akirs! Lol

I can't imagine any of those being good, totems are just too easy to clear once your opponent realizes what you're up to, but the memes might be worth it.

• 2Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As long as you have 4 minions and play the Deathrattle it would guarantee the totems are at least there and require a second board clear on that turn to get rid of. I think it may be a viable non-tier1 strategy. I think the Hermit is amazing for guaranteeing you get Spell Damage totem into Maelstrom which is such a powerful early game clear technique.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea Hermit is guaranteed spellpower totem for the same amount of mana you'd spend to use HP... downside is it takes a card slot, but the new synergy seems strong. We've had powerful totem metas in the past, thank god thunderbluff isn't in standard anymore.

Also with Primal Fusion, you can buff your Al'Akir to a 7/9 ... so opponent takes 14 damage that turn and still needs to remove a 7/9 with divine shield lmao.

And it's an epic, so you can run 2 copies.

• 1Like