Hearthstone

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can see Reckless Fury basically replacing Brawl. Cheaper and clears the entire board. Even playing it with 4 armor before turn 7 makes it better than Flamestrike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh .. Paladin?! LOL.
Even better...

(runs off to update theorycraft Paladin deck)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
possibility of that Paladin weapon, from reddit :

If you hit Doppel, it should get the buff. Then, if you play them, it should play 3 buffed Doppels. If the enemy flamestrikes, do you automatically equip/break two of the Valanyars to instantly buff two minions in hand, and keep the third equipped?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Valanyr is insane. I can't see a Paladin deck where you wouldn't play that card.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The true horror of that weapon will come from the charge face decks.

Beat face twice, buff charge minion, beat face more, buff more charger face damage.

It'd be kinda like if rogue had free shadowsteps every other turn on their 4 attack charge minions. Or, like a free 2x hero power from hunter every turn while still having to deal with beefy charge minions.

Oozing it is stupid, since it just hastens the minion buff, and since every deck will be running oozes for the other ridiculously overpowered weapons, those are now dead cards (well except harrison because youll at least draw one card).

God this expansion already looks fucked from the start.

• 2Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The true horror of that weapon will come from the charge face decks.

Beat face twice, buff charge minion, beat face more, buff more charger face damage.

It'd be kinda like if rogue had free shadowsteps every other turn on their 4 attack charge minions. Or, like a free 2x hero power from hunter every turn while still having to deal with beefy charge minions.

Oozing it is stupid, since it just hastens the minion buff, and since every deck will be running oozes for the other ridiculously overpowered weapons, those are now dead cards (well except harrison because youll at least draw one card).

God this expansion already looks fucked from the start.

With all the insanely strong weapons I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't an anti weapon neutral minion coming with this set.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, there should be a neutral tech card that silences your opponent's weapon. Silence works somewhat ok to prevent Valanyr shenanigans after the first one, but some of these effects are too strong and uncounterable by ooze alone.

Don't forget, even if you silence that pally weapon, if the paladin is running just that weapon he could play that kobold rummager card and get it again possibly. /sigh

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder what happens if you Mind Control the buffed minion. Do you get the hammer now on Deathrattle?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That card is crazy. Its just an everpresent threat. You will always risk buffing a threat up bigly OR just throwing the thing right back into his fucking hand at no cost.

Only things you can do for it:
  1. Silence the minion.
  2. Ooze it and hope he has no minions in his hand (not real likely).
  3. Paladin misplays and uses the weapon without shit in his hand.
Otherwise the second that card is played he'll be getting value out of it. Since we've moved away from silence in general having something like this is even MORE crazy.

Oh btw, hope you didn't blow your only silence at the wrong time because 2x Spike Ridge Steed are right behind it!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brand

Molten Core Raider
This Alanna card is pretty good, but I don't think it is better than many of the alternative Mage cards at a comparable price...Don't get me wrong, it IS a good card...Just time will tell if it is usable.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This Alanna card is pretty good, but I don't think it is better than many of the alternative Mage cards at a comparable price...Don't get me wrong, it IS a good card...Just time will tell if it is usable.

Doesn't seem too viable, it's not better than just playing N'Zoth Mage.
And I've tried many N'Zoth mage decks.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't seem too viable, it's not better than just playing N'Zoth Mage.
And I've tried many N'Zoth mage decks.
But its Dragons! Who doesn't love dragons? I bet you'd say it was playable if they were 5/5 taunt dragons.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
But its Dragons! Who doesn't love dragons? I bet you'd say it was playable if they were 5/5 taunt dragons.
It would be much more playable. It is probably borderline playable already but it'll be easy to counter. Which is why if you want a board flood, nzoth is preferred for the deathrattle. But the fact this builds off spells means you could slot it into a freeze deck and try to use it after a doomsayer turn... but since freeze mage lacks board control with minions, your opponent will have all their minion removals available.

But ya... it's interesting.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
cwSW0PP.png

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dragon's furry is a nice card. That will see play in a Mage control deck.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems good, your worst result would be frostbolt / secrets. Probably lands a 5+ damage AoE in most cases.
If you play Scroll of Wonder beforehand, that's 5 (or 10) more spells @ 5 mana too.

I can easily see this making the list and cutting Flamestrike

It does hurt your own minions, but that's fine

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Some of the cards from yesterday nobody posted, and Alanna which was mentioned but not posted:

1.JPG

Hunter: Requires you to have at least 4 secrets if you want the full effect x2, might be tough getting the upgrades unless you're an all out secret deck. Even 2x 3/3 wolves on 5 mana (unupgraded) is fairly "ok". It's 6/6 worth of stats, and beasts. Gives Hunter more board flood which they love. And if you can upgrade, it's excellent. Hunter 5-slot isn't too crowded and curves into Highmane->Bonemare nicely.

Priest: Seems like another great card for DK Priest. Also seems very good in Big Priest. Probably best in Big Priest... seems like it'll be incredibly strong/annoying in Big Priest.

Warlock: Deathrattles aren't the most prominent in Warlock. And the new 9 mana demon now needs to be "played', can't be cheated, if you want to upgrade this. Destroying minions is super-strong though, maybe a deathrattle warlock deck appears out of thin air. Destroy 1 minion for 5 mana is not terrible though, it's "Assassinate", which doesn't see play, but 6 mana Siphon does see play and I'd wager 1 less mana makes up for the 3 health gain. So could probably replace Siphon with this card even if you don't upgrade.

636476724609916115.png

Seems like Quest Priest might return, but DK/Big Priest probably still stronger... or maybe Quest finds a way into DK. You can run less deathrattles because of this card. 2x Deathrattles and 2x this = 6 deathrattle triggers.

636476730203947602.png

Already discussed... effect is pretty strong for a freeze deck but freeze lists don't often flood boards and this plays right into every AoE clear out there. Also could fuck you if Priest Psychic Screams

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thinking on the Warlock card, some Deathrattles:

Mistress of Mixtures
Possessed Villager
Bloodmage Thalnos
Possessed Lackey (5 mana 2/2, recruit a demon)
Carnivorous Cube (5 mana 4/6, destroy a friendly minion, deathrattle: summon 2 copies of it)
Rin the First Disciple (Legendary 6 mana 3/6, deathrattle add "the first seal" --> "destroy opponent deck")
Voidlord (9 mana 3/6, taunt, deathrattle summon 3x voidwalkers)

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
No way Alanna sees competitive play. 9 mana and doesn't have an immediate affect on the board, fuhgetaboutit. Is the priest epic taunt the only card that has gotten away with 9 mana cost and actually sees extensive play? Look at how good Call of the Wild was and it still can have an immediate impact w/ the buff and 5 charge damage and changing that card from 8 to 9 mana killed it.

• 1Like