Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting cards. Really seems like they are trying to bring control warrior back

636475609259648240.png

636475609242773142.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Removal card seems really really good. The 2 drop is... meh, you probably get 1 or 2 armor the majority of times, I'd prefer Armorsmith.

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I could see how that card works for different situations compared to armorsmith. Early game in particular vs aggro decks. Aggro deck has 2 minions on board, say, captain and patches. Playing armorsmith means the smith dies and you get 2 armor, assuming it doesn't eat hard removal, where you get 0. You play Drywhisker Armorer in the same situation and you get 4 armor, regardless of if they trade or hard remove this minion. Against low attack token/flood decks this is even more effective, and we're likely to see a few of those, especially with paladin, shaman, and warlock.

Armorsmith i'd say is better in combo style decks with the warrior DK and lots of WW effects to build tons of armor at a time.

Reckless flurry and that shield card just seem solid all around. Whether all this makes Warrior competitive again, I have no idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I could see how that card works for different situations compared to armorsmith. Early game in particular vs aggro decks. Aggro deck has 2 minions on board, say, captain and patches. Playing armorsmith means the smith dies and you get 2 armor, assuming it doesn't eat hard removal, where you get 0. You play Drywhisker Armorer in the same situation and you get 4 armor, regardless of if they trade or hard remove this minion. Against low attack token/flood decks this is even more effective, and we're likely to see a few of those, especially with paladin, shaman, and warlock.

Armorsmith i'd say is better in combo style decks with the warrior DK and lots of WW effects to build tons of armor at a time.

Reckless flurry and that shield card just seem solid all around. Whether all this makes Warrior competitive again, I have no idea.

Armorer might be decent actually. Getting 4 armor from 2 minions and a 2/2 is good enough. And then the times you can gain 10-14 armor might actually be game saving. Yea... seems better than Armorsmith

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was feeling like we've seen most of the cards, but we're only halfway... 68 have been released, 67 yet to be released. Expansion next Thursday.
A lot to see this final week

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636476186102068245.png

Comparing to Voidcaller, a 4 mana 3/4...

This card has worse stats and costs 1 more but has the benefit of drawing from deck and playing the demon, whereas Voidcaller required you to have a demon in hand.

It's a powerful effect, but 5 mana for a 2/2 is really expensive.

I'm leaning toward it seeing play than not. Warlock demons are high value and drawing them & playing them can often be an issue in a DK deck.

• 2Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Reckless Flurry might actually bring control warrior back because unlike Brawl, it kills everything and doesn't leave them with a Bonemare target.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
636476186102068245.png

Comparing to Voidcaller, a 4 mana 3/4...

This card has worse stats and costs 1 more but has the benefit of drawing from deck and playing the demon, whereas Voidcaller required you to have a demon in hand.

It's a powerful effect, but 5 mana for a 2/2 is really expensive.

I'm leaning toward it seeing play than not. Warlock demons are high value and drawing them & playing them can often be an issue in a DK deck.

I think Recruit is far more powerful than summon from hand on Deathrattle. I imagine this card will see play. Especially if you try and load your deck up with more expensive Demons. Like recruiting a Dreadlord or Doomguard could be crushing. Even if you pull out that 1 mana 3/2 imp it wouldn't be terrible. 5/4 stats for 5 mana. Not the best but not the worst.

Have we gotten word on if Recruit works like Ysharj or does it call the card's Battlecry? Likeif you recruit the imp would it still face you for 3 damage or does that get ignored? Would Doomguard discard 2 still?

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Interesting cards. Really seems like they are trying to bring control warrior back

They may be pushing an archetype implicitly by trying to draw the heroes more into line with their classic fantasy. When you think of warriors in D&D fantasy you think of big armored heroes. So it makes sense that they are trying to push armor as a mechanic pretty heavily.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I see that card kind of like skelemancer, an anti-board clear card. The trouble is you have to build your deck without any low cost demons to really make it consistent enough to be worth it. The other thing is that if you draw this late, or draw your expensive demons before this, it's a dead card. The advantage this has vs skelemancer is that you don't have to taunt it up to get value out of it. If a more midrange demon zoo type deck becomes a thing, then..... maybe?

I'm inclined to agree with Slippery though.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I see that card kind of like skelemancer, an anti-board clear card. The trouble is you have to build your deck without any low cost demons to really make it consistent enough to be worth it. The other thing is that if you draw this late, or draw your expensive demons before this, it's a dead card. The advantage this has vs skelemancer is that you don't have to taunt it up to get value out of it. If a more midrange demon zoo type deck becomes a thing, then..... maybe?

I'm inclined to agree with Slippery though.

Yea I'm very doubtful it sees play but with the control type cards we're seeing for Warlock, Im leaning toward it possibly being played. It's slow as hell though.

That warrior weapon is a fuck-you to every weapon removal minion. Infinite value, only way you lose it is if the minion is silenced/transformed, or if you don't have a minion in your hand.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider

This thing is just fucking insane and shows how much Blizzard doesn't give a shit about balance.

Have we gotten word on if Recruit works like Ysharj or does it call the card's Battlecry? Likeif you recruit the imp would it still face you for 3 damage or does that get ignored? Would Doomguard discard 2 still?

It's like Y'Shaarj. You dont get the battlecry.

• 1Like