Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Thinking on the Warlock card, some Deathrattles:

Mistress of Mixtures
Possessed Villager
Bloodmage Thalnos
Possessed Lackey (5 mana 2/2, recruit a demon)
Carnivorous Cube (5 mana 4/6, destroy a friendly minion, deathrattle: summon 2 copies of it)
Rin the First Disciple (Legendary 6 mana 3/6, deathrattle add "the first seal" --> "destroy opponent deck")
Voidlord (9 mana 3/6, taunt, deathrattle summon 3x voidwalkers)

The problem with the Warlock card is the random designation. If a deathrattle deck suddenly gains top tier status, this might see play but a 5 mana random single removal card is ass. Hunter's version is 3 mana and they have less removal options

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with the Warlock card is the random designation. If a deathrattle deck suddenly gains top tier status, this might see play but a 5 mana random single removal card is ass. Hunter's version is 3 mana and they have less removal options

If you can upgrade, the RNG is less a problem, and can combo with Defile or any number of other AoE that Warlock have. Against aggro/flood you probably aren't using this anyway, you will use Defile/Hellfire/Abyssal/Twisting.

I'm thinking this card mainly replaces Siphon, comes 1 turn sooner, but also 5 mana just opens up more options too. Sometimes that 6 mana card really hinders your ability to generate board presence after removal.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If you can upgrade, the RNG is less a problem, and can combo with Defile or any number of other AoE that Warlock have. Against aggro/flood you probably aren't using this anyway, you will use Defile/Hellfire/Abyssal/Twisting.

I'm thinking this card mainly replaces Siphon, comes 1 turn sooner, but also 5 mana just opens up more options too. Sometimes that 6 mana card really hinders your ability to generate board presence after removal.

The requirements to upgrade definitely reinforce what kind of deck it would go in. It's a terrible card without the upgrades though. Most of the spellstones help build specific decks so I really like that aspect.

I'm still torn on this expansion. Some really fun looking build arounds, a few potentially very broken cards, and a lot of garbage and rng. Seems like SOS

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Onyx spellstone is the rogue one, not warlock. Warlock is the one that casts a lifesteal shadowbolt type spell.

So playing a deathrattle rogue. There's quite a few cards to support that, and it's less cancerous than quest or keleseth rogue. But still, fuck rogue, who cares.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Onyx spellstone is the rogue one, not warlock. Warlock is the one that casts a lifesteal shadowbolt type spell.

So playing a deathrattle rogue. There's quite a few cards to support that, and it's less cancerous than quest or keleseth rogue. But still, fuck rogue, who cares.

Damn, that's embarrassing. Ok, definitely better considering rogue's options for removal are limited. Will be fun to try.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So the new cards look fun and the power creep seems ever increasing to the point I almost feel like they should increase the base health for the game. But more so let me ask you guys this. How worth do you think it is to drop $50 on this game 2-3 times a year. Seems expensive for a card game, I have never dropped a dime on this game but I always feel like I can't really do the fun and cool shit unless I get lucky in arena. Since I will never get crazy number of legendary cards needed for decks these days.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I've been failing a lot :D

Coulda swore I read "warlock" on hearthpwn and didn't even bother to look at the color. Oh well.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo. Certainly a card that can be tried, it's a powerful removal in rogue particularly because they really lack any sort of "AoE" clear. Also more options to upgrade it. Rogue isn't a "control" class though, so might not see play still.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So the new cards look fun and the power creep seems ever increasing to the point I almost feel like they should increase the base health for the game. But more so let me ask you guys this. How worth do you think it is to drop $50 on this game 2-3 times a year. Seems expensive for a card game, I have never dropped a dime on this game but I always feel like I can't really do the fun and cool shit unless I get lucky in arena. Since I will never get crazy number of legendary cards needed for decks these days.

Really depends what you think of the game right now. I'm refusing to pay this time for multiple reasons:
  • Collection is big enough I can disenchant/craft most of what I want

• Played long enough to not have any more goals, other than "competitive"

• Have seen enough "new stuff" that I know the fun feeling will only last a couple weeks before it's the same old grind

• Meta decks will crop up in a month or 2 and I can focus on getting "necessary" cards rather than dumping money and crafting tons of useless stuff

• 3 expansions a year is expensive and I don't want to spend $150+ year on this game, that's over $10/month for a game that is "FTP".

• This is the 3rd expansion of the year which means it will be in standard LESS than the 1st/2nd expansions of the year, I'll be more willing to buy next expansion due to the massive changes it brings with a season reset, and it's in standard longest.

However, I would say spend the $50 if you...:
  • Find the game fun/fresh

• Wish to be more competitive and/or hit Legend

• Don't have a large collection

• Haven't invested a ton already

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
No worries bros. Just a few days ago blizzard ninja edited "crystals" into twig of the world tree on me. I'm too young for senility, so that must be it!

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really depends what you think of the game right now. I'm refusing to pay this time for multiple reasons:

• Have seen enough "new stuff" that I know the fun feeling will only last a couple weeks before it's the same old grind

• Meta decks will crop up in a month or 2 and I can focus on getting "necessary" cards rather than dumping money and crafting tons of useless stuff

• 3 expansions a year is expensive and I don't want to spend $150+ year on this game, that's over $10/month for a game that is "FTP".

• This is the 3rd expansion of the year which means it will be in standard LESS than the 1st/2nd expansions of the year, I'll be more willing to buy next expansion due to the massive changes it brings with a season reset, and it's in standard longest.

Really good post. You've convinced me and I was on the fence. I gave up WoW once the game started to feel like a grind and it really feels exactly how you mentioned. The three expansions feel exactly like I'm paying for a monthly sub again. I'll probably craft three legendaries for a deck that I think will be top tier and just wait for the ones the pros actually break in about 6 weeks. With the freebies, I'll start with about 30 packs and about 1600 dust. Good enough.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

With the way you get blizzard currency from playing WoW I have tons of battle.net account balance with nothing really to spend it on, even so I can't wrap my head around spending any money on this game. At the same time the b.net money I dropped on Destiny 2 feel like I got ripped off with how badly the fucked up that game.

I sometimes watch some hearthstone and it seems like fun for about 2 weeks as you said before the cancer netdecks become all.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just realized it's Dec. 1st and I never even got rank 10 in November. I was played a bunch of arena though. Collecting dust for new expansion with infinite arena. I might try spamming arena the first week or so to get packs/dust, instead of dumping all of my gold right away. Worth a try anyways :D

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636477343521753880.png

Good lord, I don't know how this can ever see play, but it sure does screw up evolve... so much evolve fuckery going on this expansion. You have 5 and 7 mana 1/1 minions and now a 9 mana 2/4... lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Lightning Fast
That card is bad, and blizzard should feel bad. At least make it 2/7 or something so it dodges stuff like fireball and boardclears, ffs.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking well maybe if you had drakarri enchanter and old innervate so you could play both the same turn and recruit two dragons, but even then thats still awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think deadman’s hand warrior was the most fun I had this expansion. I never felt like how you played has less of an impact on the outcome of the game. Did you high roll your opponent? You win! Did they high roll you? You lose!

Were you unable to keep their board clear every turn after 6? No, well enjoy a good face dicking from bonemare.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Some of the cards from yesterday nobody posted, and Alanna which was mentioned but not posted:
636476730203947602.png

Already discussed... effect is pretty strong for a freeze deck but freeze lists don't often flood boards and this plays right into every AoE clear out there. Also could fuck you if Priest Psychic Screams
Dodges most of the AE's played today actually, priest AE's usually do 4, warlock ones do 3, 15 damage from a volcano probably won't clear it. They're dragons so they don't get cleared by dragonfire potion. Only really gets full cleared by equality/psychic scream/twisting nether. But it's more of a offensive card I would only really see it as a finisher in midrange mage if that existed.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dodges most of the AE's played today actually, priest AE's usually do 4, warlock ones do 3, 15 damage from a volcano probably won't clear it. They're dragons so they don't get cleared by dragonfire potion. Only really gets full cleared by equality/psychic scream/twisting nether. But it's more of a offensive card I would only really see it as a finisher in midrange mage if that existed.
what priest aoe does 4?, DK anduin kills 5+ and now they have psychic scream that will fill your deck with 5/5s

basically you only play it against other mid/control, too slow for aggro, and every mid/control will have AoE to clear

• 1Like