Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Expansions usually always live at 1pm est/10am pst.

Haven't seen any deviation yet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Deathrattle Hunter

First go at a deathrattle hunter. Dunno about putting in Keleseth over secrets and what not, I figure it's worth a shot. He's really good if you get his buff on your big minions and deathrattle stuff so it sticks.

No spellstone so Bowman doesn't summon wolves. I'd like to put Giant Sandworm into this, but there just isn't room I think :D

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Deathrattle Hunter

First go at a deathrattle hunter. Dunno about putting in Keleseth over secrets and what not, I figure it's worth a shot. He's really good if you get his buff on your big minions and deathrattle stuff so it sticks.

No spellstone so Bowman doesn't summon wolves. I'd like to put Giant Sandworm into this, but there just isn't room I think :D

Not aggressive enough for hunter, consider dropping oozling and umbra, probably want some taunts and/or more 1s.
I don't think keleseth will be worth it in this deck. Lots of 0 attacks with egg and wax. If you are trying to pull off the high roll chargers then you need some taunts and health gain. New beetle card, bonemare, houndmasters.

Idk, I think it's trying too much. Early game is lacking a lot

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lightning Fast
Maybe so. Beetle isn't a bad idea really. It wouldn't be the worst deathrattle to copy, but it's not as high roll. It really is a lot of 6+ minions, but it takes that many to make oozeling really work I think. Which might be the case it just doesn't work. But then you're just left with Winterwisp drawing high cost chargers, which is really inconsistent.

I just hope a hunter deck can work at all that isn't like 85% 3 cost and below cards. Hunter is likely to be trash tier this expac though, so eh.

EDIT: You can Flanking strike your own egg, so you'd have a 5/5 and a 3/3 on 4. Turn 3 and up with this isn't bad, typically, it's just before that that is weak.

Best possible turn is Keleseth at some point -> 5/7 corpse widow that sticks -> following turn Winterwisp for 6 mana that summons Krush/Devilsaur. Not bad for 6 mana (in an ideal world).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Kinda sad they didn't include an expansion pack for the latest brawl. I know giving away free packs is killing their business model...

I agree, but I think they started giving out the Kobolds packs a week early or something, because I am pretty sure 3 packs is the norm in the weeks leading up to the new release and then 3 more on the launch day.

Unless I'm crazy, I feel like 56 packs is what you get on launch day with the preorder + lead up packs + free stuff.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe so. Beetle isn't a bad idea really. It wouldn't be the worst deathrattle to copy, but it's not as high roll. It really is a lot of 6+ minions, but it takes that many to make oozeling really work I think. Which might be the case it just doesn't work. But then you're just left with Winterwisp drawing high cost chargers, which is really inconsistent.

I just hope a hunter deck can work at all that isn't like 85% 3 cost and below cards. Hunter is likely to be trash tier this expac though, so eh.

EDIT: You can Flanking strike your own egg, so you'd have a 5/5 and a 3/3 on 4. Turn 3 and up with this isn't bad, typically, it's just before that that is weak.

Best possible turn is Keleseth at some point -> 5/7 corpse widow that sticks -> following turn Winterwisp for 6 mana that summons Krush/Devilsaur. Not bad for 6 mana (in an ideal world).

I like some of the ideas you had, and really toyed with it myself, but I don't think there is any really great list that's going to work. Hunter just doesn't have the sustain to last till turn 6-8 to do their combos. There are so many anti-synergies with their cards. Really gotta focus on 1 aspect and try to refine it.

The best I could do for a mid/late-Hunter deck is something like this:

Big Hunter - Hearthstone Decks

1.JPG

The Synergy cards:
Oozling can copy Abominable/Highmane/Kathrena
Kathrena can recruit Highmane/Krush/Dred
Abominable can resummon Highmane/Krush/Dred/Bearshark/Wolf from Flanking/any DK beasts

Stitched Tracker as pseudo-draw & value

Everything else trying to help you get to turn 6+ without using too many beasts in the process.

---

Toyed with Secret packages, Pirates (corsair for weapon removal, patches for pseudo-draw), but I really think you need some HARD removal to make it.

Doomsayers / Scorp / Deadly are about as hard-removal as you can fit without relying on beast synergy.

---

Might win some games but even if you can get to turn 8 and play Kathrena, she's not necessarily going to win you the game. Which is why I'll probably work on a more aggressive deck with a beefy early game, and Kathrena can just act as a late game card-draw engine, even if she pulls some 1-3 cost beasts.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope there is a viable hunter deck that runs dred. That card is hilarious.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I hope there is a viable hunter deck that runs dred. That card is hilarious.
Kolento is on the record saying he thinks there could be 2-3 meta Hunter decks that all end up tier 1-2.

I have a hard time believing any will be late game focused..

Probably Face / Secret / Mid-Range as top Hunter decks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lightning Fast
I like some of the ideas you had, and really toyed with it myself, but I don't think there is any really great list that's going to work. Hunter just doesn't have the sustain to last till turn 6-8 to do their combos. There are so many anti-synergies with their cards. Really gotta focus on 1 aspect and try to refine it.

The best I could do for a mid/late-Hunter deck is something like this:

Big Hunter - Hearthstone Decks

View attachment 157530

The Synergy cards:
Oozling can copy Abominable/Highmane/Kathrena
Kathrena can recruit Highmane/Krush/Dred
Abominable can resummon Highmane/Krush/Dred/Bearshark/Wolf from Flanking/any DK beasts

Stitched Tracker as pseudo-draw & value

Everything else trying to help you get to turn 6+ without using too many beasts in the process.

---

Toyed with Secret packages, Pirates (corsair for weapon removal, patches for pseudo-draw), but I really think you need some HARD removal to make it.

Doomsayers / Scorp / Deadly are about as hard-removal as you can fit without relying on beast synergy.

---

Might win some games but even if you can get to turn 8 and play Kathrena, she's not necessarily going to win you the game. Which is why I'll probably work on a more aggressive deck with a beefy early game, and Kathrena can just act as a late game card-draw engine, even if she pulls some 1-3 cost beasts.

I thought about a lot of those early game cards as well, and to me it's just a choice of whether you're going for minions or removal in the early game. I don't know that either choice would be wrong, depending on the meta. Vs aggro tempo, you might want removal. Vs late game decks, I think minions are better.

My thing with Highmane is I just don't think it's that strong a card anymore these days. Too many classes have WAY more threatening things they can do in that slot, and spawning 2/2's is just kind of meh unless your opponent is on like 13 health and you can push face with Kill Command and hero power.

The other idea I had for hunter was playing around with dragons, specifically Bone Drake, Deathwing2, and some other early/mid cost dragons, if possible. Those might work well with oozeling as well, but I'm not sure.

I think hunter MIGHT have a deck in there that can work a bit, but it's likely going to be fast/face/aggro style. I don't know that any midrange can work anymore vs other classes late game decks. I don't know why I find building off-meta hunter decks so fascinating, I seem to try it with that class more than any other :p

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I thought about a lot of those early game cards as well, and to me it's just a choice of whether you're going for minions or removal in the early game. I don't know that either choice would be wrong, depending on the meta. Vs aggro tempo, you might want removal. Vs late game decks, I think minions are better.

My thing with Highmane is I just don't think it's that strong a card anymore these days. Too many classes have WAY more threatening things they can do in that slot, and spawning 2/2's is just kind of meh unless your opponent is on like 13 health and you can push face with Kill Command and hero power.

The other idea I had for hunter was playing around with dragons, specifically Bone Drake, Deathwing2, and some other early/mid cost dragons, if possible. Those might work well with oozeling as well, but I'm not sure.

I think hunter MIGHT have a deck in there that can work a bit, but it's likely going to be fast/face/aggro style. I don't know that any midrange can work anymore vs other classes late game decks. I don't know why I find building off-meta hunter decks so fascinating, I seem to try it with that class more than any other :p

Highmane is still insane.. 10/9 worth of stats for 6. Can't beat it. Also synergy with Oozling in that list.
I don't know what other minions you're comparing it to, but nobody has a better 6 drop.
Drakonid Operative is about as close to it, 1 mana cheaper, trades equally into Highmane, but doesn't give the other 4/4 in stats... but the extra card is worth.

No other class really beats it.
Warrior have a new 6/9 taunt which is almost there.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got the Rogue Weapon and the Rogue Legendary from the legendary loot and the three packs...

I think the game is trying to tell me something.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got the Rogue Weapon and the Rogue Legendary from the legendary loot and the three packs...

I think the game is trying to tell me something.

That you need to trade accounts with me?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have under 100 games with rogue... I will be crafting some Priest shit though and evasion I guess!

Maybe I can stomach weapon rogue.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
55 Packs opened so far
Worldtree (eh I'll mess with it)
Lyssa (Schwing!)
Val'anar (Double Schwing!!)
The Darkness!!!!! (MEMETASTIC)

• 2Like