Hearthstone

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sad that warrior is hovering at 3% of the ladder right now and got fuck all in this expansion.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, I'm not sure about warrior. There might be some tempo deck that abuses the recruit mechanic lurking, or some kind of late game value style deck, but I'm really not optimistic.

• I'm most interested to play around with an end of turn zoolock deck, which I was already playing, but that got several more tools to make even more scary less bad.
  • I think I'll also play around with some late-game hunter decks, because I'm a glutton for punishment, and it is kind of fun playing cards that no one thinks are good.
  • There's probably some silly meme decks to be had out there too, using Benedictus and Togwaggle in priest that might be lulzy.
  • I think there's going to be some strong mage decks too, with elemental and big spell synergy.
  • Rogue looks ridiculously strong, I might have to break down and start playing it :(

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
Warrior Theorycraft Deck

This is one of the better situations I could think of for Oakheart. Summoning a Tar Lord is pretty strong, and the strongest 1 attack minion unless I'm forgetting something. Then a Frothing for potential snowball.

Is that a strong enough board state in the coming meta? No idea, but it's not bad really. Countered by twisting, psychic scream, maybe vanish if you have a lot of cards in hand, and a spell on the frothing past the taunts, which aren't that threatening on their own.

Gotta look at other classes for Oakheart now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I'm not sure about warrior. There might be some tempo deck that abuses the recruit mechanic lurking, or some kind of late game value style deck, but I'm really not optimistic.

• I'm most interested to play around with an end of turn zoolock deck, which I was already playing, but that got several more tools to make even more scary less bad.
  • I think I'll also play around with some late-game hunter decks, because I'm a glutton for punishment, and it is kind of fun playing cards that no one thinks are good.
  • There's probably some silly meme decks to be had out there too, using Benedictus and Togwaggle in priest that might be lulzy.
  • I think there's going to be some strong mage decks too, with elemental and big spell synergy.
  • Rogue looks ridiculously strong, I might have to break down and start playing it :(

1. I'm definitely going to work on a couple warlock decks
  2. I'm going to make 5-6 priest decks because they are broken and my favorite class
  3. Rogue is definitely going to see some decks. I think face rogue not hunter will be dangerous(at least early). I also see quest rogue getting some play as a counter to some decks. Dragon priest may kill that though. So much good stuff for miracle and tempo too. Definitely back on top...after already being on top.
  4. Control mage is already surprisingly viable. It has a hard time against machine gun and tempo rogue but beats just about everything else pretty easily. I definitely want to try that big spell deck they are pushing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brand

Molten Core Raider
My prediction is that quest mage shits all over the Meta. God, I hope I'm wrong.

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
Warlock Theorycraft Deck

This one's tougher to pull off a good synergy with Oakheart, but more flexible as well. If you never draw Oakheart, you still have some good options. Sucks doing zoo with no Argus though. I just threw Rin in there for the lulz, and what the hell. Same with the weapon.

• 2Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sad that warrior is hovering at 3% of the ladder right now and got fuck all in this expansion.
Amazing how much Warrior leaned on Fiery War Axe, nerf the best weapon in the game and tempo decks all of a sudden infest the ladder. There was a reason control warrior existed as opposed to other classes back in the day, warrior was by far the best at dealing with aggro just due to a 1 mana execute and a 2 mana war axe. It always traditionally sucked against other control decks because warrior runs like two win conditions but those other control decks never could deal aggro.

It also shows that warriors main identity (gaining armor and leveraging that armor gain into advantage on board either directly or by offsetting weapon damage) barely gets support and it shows. At least this expansion adds a bit to the armor theme. Will it allow for a new decent control deck? I doubt it, but it's still better than anything they got all last year with armor gain. Alley Armorsmith (not bad), Bring it on (only good a cycle heavy deck), Iron Hide (horrible).

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Basing a deck on armor is such a bad concept. It's way too combo, which makes it way too inconsistent. It's a kind of mechanic that's good when you're ahead, in a style of deck that makes it hard to impossible to be ahead. So you need all these combo's, but where do you really get the ability to draw them before you just die?

I dunno,

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've always been interested in "Big Taunt" Druid ever since Hadronox, the deck "seems" to have got more support this expansion. I'm feeling pretty good about this list:

Big Taunt

The idea is to cheat out and generate as much free stuff as possible.
Taunts provide the backbone for your survival so you can pull it off.
There is a semi-infinite loop of recruiting Astral Tigers:
Multiple Recruit 4-costs, then end-game you play Grizzled Guardian, then bring him back with Hadronox / N'Zoth, keep recruiting the 2 Astal Tigers over and over again.
The idea is to try and never really have to play Astral Tiger, they just become free 3/5s on the board very often.
Arfus/Ixlid are the 2-attacks that can be recruited from Oakheart
Tar Creepers the 1-attack, and a Taunt body.
Not playing any aggressive buffs & buff minions as this is more of a minion-value deck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what you would cut, but you should put at least one carnivorous cube in there.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what you would cut, but you should put at least one carnivorous cube in there.
Thought about it, but can't see much I'd use it on other than Hadronox, which would be so rare to pull off. Not going to kill my Lich King intentionally in most cases, etc. Can't combo same-turn with much in this deck.

• 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
pretty unexcited for this expansion, the weapons feel pretty clunky and out of place and recruit doesn't seem terribly inspiring. Out of all the cool player designed cards that kripp has picked the best of, or other ideas floating around and seeing what other games have done, this expansion feels really weak and is the first one Im not putting any money into.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought about it, but can't see much I'd use it on other than Hadronox, which would be so rare to pull off. Not going to kill my Lich King intentionally in most cases, etc. Can't combo same-turn with much in this deck.
The biggest problem with hardnox is killing it. Most people will just ignore it and try and burn you down before you can pop it.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Kinda sad they didn't include an expansion pack for the latest brawl. I know giving away free packs is killing their business model...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lightning Fast
I think the best part of this expac is going to be dungeon runs. It's good to have a new mode to play around with.

Making some wildmode meme decks will be fun too. Lots of new battlecrys and deathrattles to play around with using Brann + Naxx cards.
For instance:
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + blazecaller = 20 damage to face? (needs Emperor Thaur to work as a combo).
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + Kalimos = 24 damage to face/12 damage to all of opponents board/ heal 24 to hero/ some combination of these? (Needs Emp Thaur)
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + bonemare = give a minion + 16/16 and taunt.
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + Don Hancho = give four random minions in your hand +5/5 (1 minion +20/20? Stonetusk boar, lol)
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + Mistcaller = give all minions in your hand and deck +4/4
  • Shaman double battlecry + brann + Captain Greenskin + while having Doomhammer active = have a 6/12 doomhammer active. (OTK next turn with double rockbiter + spells possibly)
Those are just a few off the top of my head, but the lulz are going to be incoming :D

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure the Murmuring Elemental + Brann won't stack. Just like multiple branns couldn't stack. They are hard coded to say "twice", not multiplicative (2x).

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
I'm pretty sure the Murmuring Elemental + Brann won't stack. Just like multiple branns couldn't stack. They are hard coded to say "twice", not multiplicative (2x).

Damn.
I WANT TO BELIEVE

Guess you'll have to draw both elementals then do a drakari enchanter + emperor turn to make them cost 0 :p

• 1Like