Hearthstone

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm f2p, and I like dungeon runs. I'm okay with there not being a reward besides the card back. I look at it as a single player component that doesn't require P2W in a largely P2W game.

I honestly thought I would get my free packs, play a few games and say, "Same old Hearthstone." And not log in for another six months. Instead I stayed up until 1 and tried 7 classes (best run was a mill rogue with 8 coldlights, but I did not get offered doubLe battle cry, and lost to the last boss that Mills you).

I can see why most HS regulars wouldn't like it though if there isn't a reward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It should at least count toward quests. I had to stop doing Dungeon to do a mode that would clean out my quest log.

It's really stupid you can't get any reward in dungeon mode.

I think it's really cool but likely won't do much of it without rewards

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Wax Candle + Double Deathrattle is pretty glorious. Was auto win on Warlock with defile. 5 Mana fill your board with 5/1's that deathrattle themselves, and clear the enemy board. Pretty good

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I agree with that, but I can see why they aren't going to do it. They don't want you earning gold playing single player and further diluting the queues.

I would love to complete 3 Shaman Victory quests with my measly collection in dungeon runs so I don't get smashed by whatever the meta is.

I think a weekly dungeon challenge would be good to get gold or a pack.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree with that, but I can see why they aren't going to do it. They don't want you earning gold playing single player and further diluting the queues.

I would love to complete 3 Shaman Victory quests with my measly collection in dungeon runs so I don't get smashed by whatever the meta is.

I think a weekly dungeon challenge would be good to get gold or a pack.

Yeah, a weekly run for a pack at least encourages people to use the content they just made. Brawl is usually terrible and what's one extra pack every week? No one but streamers and dedicated spenders are close to using all the cards every expansion. I got destroyed with hunter(just 6 wins) but it really hurts my attempts to not allow my quests to update in that mode. New Big EZ druid is a lot of fun. I had the combo and it was awesome. Totally destroyed a priest and better than trying to grind Rin Warlock.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
With Rogue if I didn't have Vanish & Evasion, I would have died to A.F. Kay.
Which one is that? Not sure i played it, or i didnt pay attention to the name.

But, yea there are certainly ways to beat them all. Its just aggravating because you are building a deck without any idea of what you need to beat. Most of the time you just steamroll anyway. But, then you run jnto something you have very little chance to beat, and no extra chances to adjust your strategy. It takes away even more of the skill. A consistent trend in this game that seems to just keep getting worse and worse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Which one is that? Not sure i played it, or i didnt pay attention to the name.

But, yea there are certainly ways to beat them all. Its just aggravating because you are building a deck without any idea of what you need to beat. Most of the time you just steamroll anyway. But, then you run jnto something you have very little chance to beat, and no extra chances to adjust your strategy. It takes away even more of the skill. A consistent trend in this game that seems to just keep getting worse and worse.

A.F. Kay
She passes her turn for like 6 turns then starts to play by making her minions cost 0 and every minion is an 8/8. She fills her whole board. If you can aggro her down then you might not have seen the minion phase. Was funny as hell though, I was like "no fucking way she's going to keep passing, something crazy is going to happen". And then the army of 8/8s. Thankfully I had answers and she was about 2 turns away from dead anyways

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
A.F. Kay
She passes her turn for like 6 turns then starts to play by making her minions cost 0 and every minion is an 8/8. She fills her whole board. If you can aggro her down then you might not have seen the minion phase. Was funny as hell though, I was like "no fucking way she's going to keep passing, something crazy is going to happen". And then the army of 8/8s. Thankfully I had answers and she was about 2 turns away from dead anyways
ah, ok. Yea, I haven't gotten her yet. Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty funny, really.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I downloaded this last night, but as far as I can tell, I don't have access to the Kobolds & Catacomb expansion? None of the free items have appeared, and I see no option to make a Dungeon run. Is there some pre-req that I need to attain? Totally new player, so at the moment, I only see "Play" and "Solo Adventures" available.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I downloaded this last night, but as far as I can tell, I don't have access to the Kobolds & Catacomb expansion? None of the free items have appeared, and I see no option to make a Dungeon run. Is there some pre-req that I need to attain? Totally new player, so at the moment, I only see "Play" and "Solo Adventures" available.

Not sure. Just play around with it or log in again later. I've had issue where shit didn't appear before too.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just need to finish the "tutorial", which I found I don't have the patience for at the moment, healers suck. I'll mess around with the game some other time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got fucking wrecked by the bomb guy on Dungeon Run 8. That was some bullshit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
How nice. Hunter DK will not allow you to make Zombeasts of cards from Kobolds or any future expansions - they also said as sets rotate out, he will not be able to use them either.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
ROFL, that's some super lazy programming on blizzard's part, wow..

I'm happy I downloaded gwent yesterday, so far it seems pretty cool. Definitely different, but a lot more strategic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Candle card back acquired. I spent almost as much time on Priest as I did all the other classes combined.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Playing around with different ideas for decks, and made a Jade shaman. The ideas is to try to get value out of double battlecry, card generation and draw, and then deathrattle a few things here and there. I tried using elementals + jades at first, but elementals are just too slow and underpowered it seems like, especially compared to what some other decks can do late game. Jades however, can start to ramp up pretty quickly, especially if you can double battle cry a few, use zola/spirit echo on jade cards/murmuring elemental to really amp them up.

Here's a HSreplay against a warlock running crazy amounts of huge minions. I thought I was toast, but I managed to stabilize by transforming his voidlords and using healing rain at the right times. Fun game.

Jade Shaman vs Heavy Dragon Warlock

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Seriously guys, if any of you are getting real tired of the constant RNG and high variance tilt fest, i highly recommend gwent so far.

Its not anything like the gameplay of mtg/hs, but there is very very little variance, tons of strategy/mind games and their f2p model is like 5x better. Lifecoach did a breakdown where hearthstone effectively 'pays' you about $.50/hr towards cards by playing and gwent is about $3-5/hr.

Its still in beta, so its a little rough around the edges (lots of unnecessary clicks to navigate around), and its obviously not as big as HS. But, its got some serious potential.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Warrior is fucking dicks in dungeon run. Seriously, I can't get anything for options. The number of times I've gotten Spell Damage, Weapons cost 1, and secrets. Fuck

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
i just beat dungeon run as warrior. got >5 cost becomes 5, then kept picking the legendary, taunt, or recruit option. perma-stealth helps even more.

• 1Like