Hearthstone

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Highmane is still insane.. 10/9 worth of stats for 6. Can't beat it. Also synergy with Oozling in that list.
I don't know what other minions you're comparing it to, but nobody has a better 6 drop.
Drakonid Operative is about as close to it, 1 mana cheaper, trades equally into Highmane, but doesn't give the other 4/4 in stats... but the extra card is worth.

No other class really beats it.
Warrior have a new 6/9 taunt which is almost there.

I can't argue with any of that, it's just a feeling I get when I play it. It just never seems to have a big impact when played these days.

It's like the opponent goes, yawn, direct damage, 2 damage board clear. Next. Or you're playing it onto a board state where it is just killed or ignored. Or your opponent goes, hmmm... what could I play here vs that highmane? Oh ya, bonemare, and you get traded into or hit for 8/9 face damage. But it might just be feelz over realz, I admit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
30 packs. Works tree for free and the deck swapper on pack 10. Dicked in the face.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
32 packs,

Kathrena Winterwisp
Zola the Hunter
Random weapon was Skull of the Man'ari (warlock)

I find it amazing that I opened the same basic card (gilded gargoyle) like 15 times out of 32 packs.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to put together a Dragon Priest deck, Rogue Deck and some Hunter Decks and grind around. Guess I can push for gold Hunter or Rogue finally.

Also an elemental mage deck because I really love elemental mage. Even though it's silly.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
80 something packs I opened:
  • Golden Oakheart
  • Zola the Gorgon
  • Geosculptor Yip
  • Kingsbane
  • Alanna Dragoncaller
  • Gifted: Priest weapon
And quite a few playable epics, but not all the ones I would want. Certainly beats Un'Goro, where I opened like 7 copies of Sudden Genesis and not much else.
Overall, not too bad. I really do think there's a bonus to pre-ordered packs, but who can prove it, lol.

This continues my streak of never opening a paladin legendary in almost 2 years, lol.

I'm crafting the Darkness immediately, it will at least be a tech card vs highlander decks. I'm debating crafting the mage weapon and Shaman Minion, or whether to wait.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Total garbage in 48 packs. Woebringer for free, Tree in first ten, Rin out of next group. Also opened four grand archivists and only one duskbreaker out of the priest cards I wanted. Positives were I had enough dust to craft Kingsbane and the priest cards I wanted(except Dragon weapon). Blizzard is telling me to ride or die with priest.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Krag

Peasant
Shite luck on cards for me this time round. Opened 109 packs and got

Dragon Soul (free)
Ixlid
Val'anyr
Lynessa
Skull of the Man'ari
Rin
Woecleaver
The Darkness

I got a total of 23 epics, but almost none of the ones that look playable. I got a single Carnivorous Cube, the rest looks mostly crap like the Dragonhatcher, and 4 copies of each of Call to Arms and Level Up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lightning Fast
So I completed my first shot at dungeon run with Shaman, yay! The final reward was a card that casts Pyroblast until a hero dies, lol. That killed the final boss for me or would have been toast. Outskilled.
So I figure, there must be a reward for completing the run, gold, a common card, some dust.
And for my effort I get.... ......... BUBKUS.

giphy.gif

I retract my earlier statement about dungeon runs being good. With no ongoing reward, it's fucking pointless. Just make it 10G with a daily cap, or fuck, share the cap with daily quests. FFS blizzard.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I stomped ass with a pally dungeon run. Actually ran The Darkness out of cards and fatigue killed. Lost on 6th boss with lock on my first run. It doesn't look to keep my interest long without some form of rewards. I agree completely with LLR. Have one on me Blizz

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I completed my first shot at dungeon run with Shaman, yay! The final reward was a card that casts Pyroblast until a hero dies, lol. That killed the final boss for me or would have been toast. Outskilled.
So I figure, there must be a reward for completing the run, gold, a common card, some dust.
And for my effort I get.... ......... BUBKUS.

giphy.gif

I retract my earlier statement about dungeon runs being good. With no ongoing reward, it's fucking pointless. Just make it 10G with a daily cap, or fuck, share the cap with daily quests. FFS blizzard.

Yea, they're fun, but with no carrot at the end of the stick..... wtf...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's going to be pretty aids to get the card back. I feel like if I do that, I won't want to do it anymore. The offerings just aren't equal, there are a lot of them that suck major dick.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I made a Buffadin deck. There is some awesome synergy between buffs alongside Getaway Kodo, Primalfin Champion and Lyssa. My lyssa was up to 4 spikeridged buffs alongside DS. And when she died she went back to my hand.

This is along with running Val'anar and Saronite Chain Gang. I got the chain gang buffed for 4 mana makes 2x 4/5's which allows 2x Val'anar at once.

Deck is definitely still shit tier non-optimized, but holy shit the high-rollness is so stupid. Silence is going to become mandatory.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Opened 270 packs, 4 golden legendaries (Woecleaver, Lynessa, Grumble, and Rin), complete legendary set, missing 13 copies of epics. Have 11.7k dust. I'm probably not going to craft them unless I feel like I need them for a deck.

Pretty great luck.

Finished 4 Mage, Warlock, Druid, Shaman in Dungeon Run. Haven't played any constructed yet. Probably going to mess around with Quest Mage, Secret Burn Mage, Dragon Priest, and a few Rogue things.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I messed around with some new archetypes, the best of which for me was recruit warrior.

Then I decided to see how tempo rogue is with the new cards and man Elven Minstrel seems bonkers, you never run out of steam anymore.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The dungeon crawl is kind of bullshit. For one, I was under the impression we'd earn SOMETHING for completing runs, such as individual cards like in arena, packs, or at least gold. Then, when I actually do it a few times, turns out there are a handful of bosses that completely wreck certain strategies. Good luck playing a paladin with dude synergies and beating the Klaxx guy that does 1 dmg to all your stuff every turn. Or, the guy that recruits a minion on both sides if you don't have large removals and large minions yourself. He's putting out 7/14s and 6/8s on turn 2. Or, the paladin duo that puts divine shield on all their guys every turn if your a deck without a bunch of AoE. I had created a pseudo Big Priest deck, had the reward to make their minions cost +1 to slow others down, but he went muster for battle, something on 4, and then the 5 drop that makes five 1/1's. When I couldn't clear them all, he got the 3/4 beast to adapt them, gave them poison and then divine shield, creating a soft lock. three 1/1 poison, divine shields, that then refreshes the divine shield is ridiculous. I BARELY got out of that just due to drawing my one Holy Nova and the Wish spell together and getting lucky on the legendaries.

It's often better to diversify your deck slightly. Like, you make a few picks of cards for a certain strategy, but at least one that helps cover other bases.

My best run was a mage that picked a lot of the 'chaos' bundles with mage quest. Had tons of babbling books, cabalist tomes, antonidas, etc.. With spell's costing 1 less and passive +3 spell dmg, it was pretty sick. Arcane missiles doing 6 dmg for 0 mana, and 3 mana Fireballs doing 9, lol. But, I got a final boss that milled me for 2 every turn and he turbo milled my deck away. All my biggest spells got hit and I ran out of steam.

It's just a huge amount of variance after about the 4th boss. Sometimes you cakewalk through everything until the final, sometimes you get REAL unlucky on one as early as 4th.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Opened 270 packs, 4 golden legendaries (Woecleaver, Lynessa, Grumble, and Rin), complete legendary set, missing 13 copies of epics. Have 11.7k dust. I'm probably not going to craft them unless I feel like I need them for a deck.

Pretty great luck.

Finished 4 Mage, Warlock, Druid, Shaman in Dungeon Run. Haven't played any constructed yet. Probably going to mess around with Quest Mage, Secret Burn Mage, Dragon Priest, and a few Rogue things.

Tried out quest mage to see the new scroll things...They don't trigger the quest. Was disappointing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The dungeon crawl is kind of bullshit. For one, I was under the impression we'd earn SOMETHING for completing runs, such as individual cards like in arena, packs, or at least gold. Then, when I actually do it a few times, turns out there are a handful of bosses that completely wreck certain strategies. Good luck playing a paladin with dude synergies and beating the Klaxx guy that does 1 dmg to all your stuff every turn. Or, the guy that recruits a minion on both sides if you don't have large removals and large minions yourself. He's putting out 7/14s and 6/8s on turn 2. Or, the paladin duo that puts divine shield on all their guys every turn if your a deck without a bunch of AoE. I had created a pseudo Big Priest deck, had the reward to make their minions cost +1 to slow others down, but he went muster for battle, something on 4, and then the 5 drop that makes five 1/1's. When I couldn't clear them all, he got the 3/4 beast to adapt them, gave them poison and then divine shield, creating a soft lock. three 1/1 poison, divine shields, that then refreshes the divine shield is ridiculous. I BARELY got out of that just due to drawing my one Holy Nova and the Wish spell together and getting lucky on the legendaries.

It's often better to diversify your deck slightly. Like, you make a few picks of cards for a certain strategy, but at least one that helps cover other bases.

My best run was a mage that picked a lot of the 'chaos' bundles with mage quest. Had tons of babbling books, cabalist tomes, antonidas, etc.. With spell's costing 1 less and passive +3 spell dmg, it was pretty sick. Arcane missiles doing 6 dmg for 0 mana, and 3 mana Fireballs doing 9, lol. But, I got a final boss that milled me for 2 every turn and he turbo milled my deck away. All my biggest spells got hit and I ran out of steam.

It's just a huge amount of variance after about the 4th boss. Sometimes you cakewalk through everything until the final, sometimes you get REAL unlucky on one as early as 4th.

Well... I ran into most of that too, but somehow... luckily... built my deck in a way to be immune to a lot of the bullshit.
I finished Paladin & Shaman easily but got to boss 6/7 with War/Rogue. Haven't played any others yet.

With Paladin I got the "upgraded" hero power and then later +1/+1 to all my minions. So 1 mana create 2x 2/2 .. pretty good! Made the guy that did 1dmg aoe to all pretty easy... made all the bosses easy, was smooth sailing.

Shaman was also very easy, I got to pick "2x battlecry" and then loaded up on jades & battlecries. Shit was rediculously easy.

I have a better idea with War/Rogue now... just takes running through it once to figure out what you need to be picking.

With Rogue if I didn't have Vanish & Evasion, I would have died to A.F. Kay. Funny as hell boss, got lucky with my draws, and now I know what to keep/look for next time.

-----------

I made my Druid deck that I had posted a few days ago, was pretty fun.

Oakheart seems really really good.
Ixlid actually much better than he seems.
I made a few adjustments and will try more tonight.

I haven't had a desire to play too many things, kinda happy I didn't preorder. My excitement level just isn't there this time around.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity