Hearthstone

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I lost to a (dragon) priest deck with my Fat Druid for the first time I can remember. He played the archivist that reveal a spell and it casted Mind Control on my Deathwing-deathrattle, a casual 1/4 ez game. Felt raped. Felt like this dragon priest deck was favored against Big Druid with the Archivist and MindControl. Plus they have more tempo than the traditional DK priest and can snow ball with Scalebane/Bonemare. Dragon Priest. Sorry if it was posted already.

Lost a second match almost right after to a variant of this priest deck that played the 3-3 pirate captain to get Patches. Got perfect ramp and still got outtempoed bad. Rage quitted my big druid. Only reason I was playing big druid was to toy with priests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I lost to a (dragon) priest deck with my Fat Druid for the first time I can remember. He played the archivist that reveal a spell and it casted Mind Control on my Deathwing-deathrattle, a casual 1/4 ez game. Felt raped. Felt like this dragon priest deck was favored against Big Druid with the Archivist and MindControl. Plus they have more tempo than the traditional DK priest and can snow ball with Scalebane/Bonemare. Dragon Priest. Sorry if it was posted already.

Lost a second match almost right after to a variant of this priest deck that played the 3-3 pirate captain to get Patches. Got perfect ramp and still got outtempoed bad. Rage quitted my big druid. Only reason I was playing big druid was to toy with priests.

Yeah that spell priest deck looks fun as hell and I'll be working on it after I acquire the 800 dust needed for the summoners. Having four spells that won't screw you with random is perfect for the archivist and close to broken with the summoners. Who thought getting a free 8 drop on turn 6 was a good idea? Probably the same ones who thought another free 5/5 (for everyone this time) was a great idea.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I think priest gets in these spots every few years. They have so much removal options right now for early and late game and Shadow Visions means they don't even need to run two of them right now.

Spirit Lash, tiny potion/horror, duskbreaker, shadow words, psychic scream...

On top of big priest being a huge fuck you deck if they get Barnes out and have resurrection in hand. Their five kinds of fucking res too...

Don't forget Potion of Madness to take out two minions for 1 Mana.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Completely forgot about the summoners. Half of the reason why I got beaten the 2nd time (other half is a 8 something twilight -bonemare). I don't recall what it summoned, but I remember thinking that he had better effective ramp than I did. I needed deathwing into UI to recover in that game.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Completely forgot about the summoners. Half of the reason why I got beaten the 2nd time (other half is a 8 something twilight -bonemare). I don't recall what it summoned, but I remember thinking that he had better effective ramp than I did. I needed deathwing into UI to recover in that game.

Yeah, the one I played was a little heavier dragon based and used dragon potions. Of course the 6 drop created was a hungry ettin and I lost horribly. 6 drops can be terrible so not sure I'd go that route but it was effective against me. I had no clue he wasn't OTK dragon until turn 6 and that result. I also played an interesting Temporus priest that should have destroyed me but he misplayed badly in the hopes of OTK glory. Thankfully that card hasn't dropped for me...

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fuck Duskbreaker, whoever at Team5 thought that was a good card can go fuck themselves. What a joke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit does the new tavern brawl suck. It's just a shit pile of which Shaman can evolve first.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sad that warrior is hovering at 3% of the ladder right now and got fuck all in this expansion.

And warrior + shaman account for less then 5% of the ladder currently. Well done blizzard.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit does the new tavern brawl suck. It's just a shit pile of which Shaman can evolve first.
Got the 5 brawl win quest and decided the best way to do that was with a deck which didn't care about popping presents. So ran double vanish miracle rogue with arcane giants AND mountain giants (vanish fills your hand with presents so makes those mountain giants cheap). If the shaman evolves you just fan of knives and play your deck, if he devolves, no big deal, a devloved giant always turns into a giant.

Went 5-0 pretty easily, hardest one was when the opponent dropped a noggenfodder.

• 2Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Duskbreaker, whoever at Team5 thought that was a good card can go fuck themselves. What a joke.
Not sure who looked at priest and said “They need more board clears, let’s give them 2”

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure who looked at priest and said “They need more board clears, let’s give them 2”

It really is fucking the game. The mana efficiency of some of the AE damage cards is stupid.

Flamestrike was always balanced around being 4 dmg for 7 mana. So you really need to hit 3 things for its efficiency to be better than single target solutions.

In their mind dealing damage to your own creatures balances Dragon Fire Potion, Duskbreaker. But it doesn't, because you choose when to play them. So you can either build a deck around dragons so dragon fire doesn't effect you, or consciously trade/attack to get the most benefit out of what you have on the board before casting them. The fact that Volcanic Potion is a decent card at 2 dmg for 3 mana, and somehow they justified 1 more mana netting you 3 dmg and a 3/3 on the board is mind boggling.

The rock paper scissors is getting out of hand. If you play small minion aggro you are really fucked against Priest/Mage and Warrior'ish if they run whirlwind effects. Your only viable strategy of flooding the board with many small minions goes out the window, the best you can do is play just enough minions to force an AE from them, while banking more minions in your hands. This used to work when there were few board clears. Now there are so many you can't even expect to be safe after the first clear.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is some fucking Twilight Zone episode when people are decrying the plight of aggro in Hearthstone.

I mean, I'm not saying your wrong, they've overbalanced control, but...just fucking weird.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Play rogue w/ double prep/shadowstep/sap/coldlight/vanish wrecks any of the non-aggro decks.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This is some fucking Twilight Zone episode when people are decrying the plight of aggro in Hearthstone.

I mean, I'm not saying your wrong, they've overbalanced control, but...just fucking weird.

I'm not sad that aggro suffers. It's just there is no strategy to any of it. Any priest or mage deck, can run 4 clears, or more, and whatever else they want and basically crush aggro. And there is no way to play around it. You have to pray RNGesus puts all the redundant clears at the bottom of their deck.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk

Agreed, hard for me to feel for agro when it's had such a stranglehold on the game. The other issue he's describing is simply inherent to any TCG, it's almost impossible to prevent power creep.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been having a ton of fun with Miracle Rogue w/ Kingsbane + Striders

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Aggro can also still easily crush midrange/control decks if you stumble for even 2 turns. Fuck them, The attack/blocking system in HS favors them so heavily so they can rely on that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like