Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
People absolutely would abuse it if that were the case. There is a reason why you're limited to 100g a day w/ 30 wins. 99.9% of ppl never hit their daily limit, but if there was no limit then ppl would set up bots just to play games.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
(A) People would set up bots, which wouldn't do the game any favors.
(B) People do things that suck because it is a path to rewards. How many painful pointless tradeskills and dailies and side-quests have you done to min-max?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game makes me sick. I think I could run 6 duskbreakers right now and not bat a fucking eye.

• 2Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus this game is fucking terrible right now. I've been burning quests lately because logging in to try to complete them makes me want to break my computer. The card design is just so fucking terrible.

3 games in a row I just got extreme high rolled. Coin Barnes Y'Shaarj Y'Shaarj game 1. Game 2 coin Spiteful get Y'shaarj followed by Spiteful Y'shaarj AGAIN. Game 3 Big Priest that had the god draw.

You win Blizzard, you can have your game.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup, still hold on to my I can't believe they didn't nerf spiteful summoner in the recent nerf patch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus this game is fucking terrible right now. I've been burning quests lately because logging in to try to complete them makes me want to break my computer. The card design is just so fucking terrible.

3 games in a row I just got extreme high rolled. Coin Barnes Y'Shaarj Y'Shaarj game 1. Game 2 coin Spiteful get Y'shaarj followed by Spiteful Y'shaarj AGAIN. Game 3 Big Priest that had the god draw.

You win Blizzard, you can have your game.

I foresaw this and fucking hate Barnes priest more than anything else anyway. Hibernate until the next expansion cards come out and barnes/etc rotate out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I foresaw this and fucking hate Barnes priest more than anything else anyway. Hibernate until the next expansion cards come out and barnes/etc rotate out.
The first one was the fucking meme hunter spell deck with Barnes Y'shaarj :( The third one was a coin barnes ysera revive ysera revive ysera 5/5 dragon lifesteal guy 2x, revive 4, etc

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Barnes in Spell Hunter is actually a legit deck right now.
I played it a bit and high-rolled Barnes in opener like 4 games in a row. I was feeling dirty.

It's also amazing how many times the Hunter has Barnes on turn 4 when I face the deck.

Spell Hunter with Barnes is the top hunter deck right now with ~57% win rate.

And yea, I'm struggling to complete quests too. The game stale.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Arena has wild cards right now so that's what I've been doing.

Wild would be interesting if resurrect priest didn't exist.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and the award for most consistency in application of lifesteal goes to... bittertide hydra

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
When this thread doesn't even get the announcement posted I'm amused

The Year of the Raven Soars Ahead

Year of the Raven

Hall of Fame Ice Block, Coldlight Oracle, and Molten Giant (with cost reverted to 20).

40g quests are going to reward 50g now, and all the quests will be easier to complete. One of the examples was 2 wins as either class will be 1 win instead.

New Druid hero Lunara. 10 wins in standard or classic to unlock.

Tournament mode beta middle of the year. It seems like you'll only be able to make them yourself and invite friends right now? Details slim

Also they have a twitch stream Friday. Unsure if that's set announcement or what

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In fact, Brode was careful not to call this 'tournament mode', because he said that description means very different things to different players. The way it actually works is that the tournament organiser creates the event, then shares it as a code (presumably much as we do with decklists now) to potential participants. Verifying you're using the correct decks will be handled on the client-side, and the organiser can set a time limit for each round. If everyone gets done early, you all click ready and move on with the next one. Brode made it sound like solutions are also on the way for the esports scene, but I'm excited to try this out.

• 2Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Bye bye mill decks.

Kind of lame hall of fame choices, other then Ice Block which was needed. No one plays molten in standard and cold light was the only thing enabling mill as a deck strategy and even then it was almost always a fringe deck at Best.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I don't quite get why they'd remove coldlight, killing mill decks. I mean I know they don't like shit that interact with the opponent cards by removing them too much(they don't do discard stuff either unless it's discarding yourself) but it's not like milling has been a huge thing anyway and the card was also used in non mill decks.

Can't mill, can't discard, can't counter, with iceblock removed can't play pure spell either, I guess everyone has to play board cards and attack each other only.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Because they can only balance for 2-3 decks. Anything more and it fucks them up. Dead game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users