Hearthstone

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
make standard more monotonous. promote wild format.

CqyJgy8XEAE8FH7.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
it's basically now all cubelocks, kingsbane rogues, and dragon/big spell priests.

Jade druid too.

Creeper and Patches needed nerfs, but aggro only held its own while it had access so some REALLY broken cards. Now it's just fucked. Aggro was not as overpowered as during Pirate Warrior a few expacs back, and it took a double whammy. Triple if a deck utilized Bonemare for a little mid-game push over the top.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Spiteful priest is my new thing. It lost one card that is easily replaced since everyone else lost it too. Now just have to test if shadow priest is a full set option or just singleton. It's also fairly expansion proof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On the plus side I can now easily complete my cube lock set!

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I dusted my Corridor Creepers last night, and it got me to thinking. Nerfed cards should not be a 100% refund, they should be 75%. Right now there is no downside to going all in on the most abused/broken cards.

With a 100% refund spending dust making the most broken cards in the current meta is the best way to use your dust. Short term you get an awesome card and if/when its nerfed you get 100% of the dust back to rinse repeat that process. I think you should get 100% of your dust if you opened the card, but if you made it, only 75% refund.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I dusted my Corridor Creepers last night, and it got me to thinking. Nerfed cards should not be a 100% refund, they should be 75%. Right now there is no downside to going all in on the most abused/broken cards.

With a 100% refund spending dust making the most broken cards in the current meta is the best way to use your dust. Short term you get an awesome card and if/when its nerfed you get 100% of the dust back to rinse repeat that process. I think you should get 100% of your dust if you opened the card, but if you made it, only 75% refund.
WAT.

Why would you suggest this.

LMAO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
No, broken cards promote making the most broken cards.

HS is expensive as fuck. Dust should be handed out more frequently & in higher quantities.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
No, broken cards promote making the most broken cards.

HS is expensive as fuck. Dust should be handed out more frequently & in higher quantities.

Holy shit, this.

If anything, blizz should refund dust x1.5, since you could have been using dust to craft something fun to play, and not blowing it on boring yet broken shit that everyone is forced to craft to be competitive. It would be an opportunity cost tax on blizz instead of the players, for knowingly printing broken shit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dusted all the changed cards yesterday. Much dust, such wow. Also dumb fucking idea, nerfed cards should be full refund.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't dust legendaries but dusted all the rest. It helped build Kripps wild deck which is just ok.

• 2Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
The current refund system just promotes people making the most broken cards.

You're right. It does. That sounds like a good reason for Blizzard to speed up the process between announcing and nerfing cards to me - not to make it less forgiving.

I remember a day in WoW when right after a patch, retadins procs were broken if you used some random talent that wasn't commonly picked up in the tree. I think it had something to do with having two seals active at the same time somehow, and they were triggering each other's proccs every .1 seconds or something liek that. They fixed it the next day, but for that day I was doing like, 15million DPS on my offspecc. Absolutely everyone played retadins that day. WSG was teams of 10 retadins vs. 9 retadins and a corpse.

We all had fun for the 8 hours it lasted, and then we all went back to normal.

So yeah, brekk brekk - I agree with you that it does incentivize people to play broken cards. But I think the solution is to fix things faster, not to punish people for playing the game competitively.

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
My simple idea to fix the cost of hearthstone while also promoting class diversity on the ladder:

Just make the daily quest refresh infinitely when you run out.

This would:
  1. Allow players to build their collection while actually playing the game
  2. Encourage new players to experiment with different classes and be able to feel some progress is being made to building their collection
  3. Give established players a way to save gold and ease the cost of experimentation upon release of new expansions
  4. Diversify the classes and decks you run into on ladder as people switch between classes to whatever they have a quest for
Thoughts?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My simple idea to fix the cost of hearthstone while also promoting class diversity on the ladder:

Just make the daily quest refresh infinitely when you run out.

This would:
  1. Allow players to build their collection while actually playing the game
  2. Encourage new players to experiment with different classes and be able to feel some progress is being made to building their collection
  3. Give established players a way to save gold and ease the cost of experimentation upon release of new expansions
  4. Diversify the classes and decks you run into on ladder as people switch between classes to whatever they have a quest for
Thoughts?

Won't happen for sure, but yea, it would make the game more affordable, and might add diversity for a little bit. But what will probably happen is people will just grind quests for a while until they have full 100% goldens and then play the most broken shit ever. Gold cards won't be as special anymore, and everyone will have every card, so "collections" become more meaningless.

Your collection is the primary "hook" to keep you playing. Without being able to constantly grow your collection, and try new things, the game is dead. Looking forward to discovering/crafting a new Legendary that opens up a new deck is really the only thing people have to look forward to.

So with infinite quests you just kill the game.

Also I'm 100% sure there would be exploits that allow people to churn through them quickly. Some Brawls are really good at completing quests, for example.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Youre overestimating the amount of gold from quests, with infinitely refreshing quests, each win averages out to like 20 gold instead of 5 Per game + 50 per day. How many games do you think people will actually grind? Its not gonna really increase gold that much, possibly be able to save About triple the normal, which is NOWHERE near enough to even complete an expansion set, let alone goldens.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Youre overestimating the amount of gold from quests, with infinitely refreshing quests, each win averages out to like 20 gold instead of 5 Per game + 50 per day. How many games do you think people will actually grind? Its not gonna really increase gold that much, possibly be able to save About triple the normal, which is NOWHERE near enough to even complete an expansion set, let alone goldens.

I think you discount the willingness of players to grind out what they want.

I've hit the 100 gold cap often during my legend grinds many times, which requires 30 wins, ~50 games @ 60% win rate.
Not all quests require "wins".
1 game, win or lose, would avg ~17 gold (based on 50g quest avg).
50 games * 17 = 850g

Average HS gametime is between 5-7 minutes.
~10 games/hr
~5 hours to make 850 gold?

People will develop strategies to churn through them as quickly as possible.
You'll have decks tailored to the quest list.

Probably making it 5hrs = 1k+ gold with efficiency.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity