Hearthstone

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Good on the coldlight HoF. I HATE playing vs mill decks. It's just not fun. It puts you into a situation where you say, my hand is full but I can't play these cards, they'll just get destroyed by vanish. I also can't not play them, because then I'll just get all my cards milled by coldlight + shadowstep/brewmaster + valeera deathknight bullshit.

Iceblock, it's probably needed, just because there were games where you'd have 4 and 5 iceblocks played, which was just silly. I bet mages will get something to help them sustain that takes its place.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I'm surprised Auctioneer wasn't on the list.

Changes seem good for standard, griefer cards are fine in wild or a set or two but not evergreen like these have been.

And this is from somebody who is playing weasel priest.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
40g quests are going to reward 50g now, and all the quests will be easier to complete. One of the examples was 2 wins as either class will be 1 win instead.

Translation: a large part of our playerbase just signs on to do dailies. Instead of fixing the problem(making the actual modes of play enticing), they're hoping shorter dailies will mean people stick around longer. Hint: it won't.

To be fair, I'm playing Gwent in the same manner. But at least Gwent allows a modest collection from dailies, can't do that with Hearthstone.

Removing Coldlight seems a bit suspect. Ice Block had to go because it prevented interaction. Mill decks are generally susceptible to aggro and tempo deck. The person playing mill just can't outright ignore the opponent.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Coldlight HoF seems bad...

Any decks that used them were fairly niche or low win rate... Mill, DMH warrior, Exodia Mage... etc.

Molten and Ice Block are basically what everyone asked for.

Tournament mode is the big news, at least we know they're working on it.. might breath new life in the game as long as it's not strictly a 3rd party tournament tool... needs to be an in-game mode with rankings etc,

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Coldlight HoF seems bad...

Any decks that used them were fairly niche or low win rate... Mill, DMH warrior, Exodia Mage... etc.

Molten and Ice Block are basically what everyone asked for.

Tournament mode is the big news, at least we know they're working on it.. might breath new life in the game as long as it's not strictly a 3rd party tournament tool... needs to be an in-game mode with rankings etc,

Don't hold your breath on "tournament mode" being anything other than just helping LAN organizers for esports as the quote above directly acknowledges. it'll probably get about as much continual support as fireside gatherings and adventures (i.e. none at all).

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hearthstone still not having competitive events automated and ran through the client baffles me. MTGO is absolute ass but it's had tournaments ranging from simple eight mans that launch whenever you've got the players all the way to letting you qualify for the Pro Tour in massive events and it's had those for over 15 years.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mill decks are absolutely hilarious to watch. They made the game already not fun to play for me, now they're trying to kill the fun I have watching day9 play it.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I don't quite get why they'd remove coldlight, killing mill decks. I mean I know they don't like shit that interact with the opponent cards by removing them too much(they don't do discard stuff either unless it's discarding yourself) but it's not like milling has been a huge thing anyway and the card was also used in non mill decks.

Can't mill, can't discard, can't counter, with iceblock removed can't play pure spell either, I guess everyone has to play board cards and attack each other only.

They printed Rin the first Disciple. They printed the fucking discard vampire. They have no fucking idea what to do with their game it seems.

• 2Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Ladder is literally just fucking warlock
Hearthstone Deck Comparison Tool - Hearthstone Top Decks
(Dragon Control Priest)

Basically you use it to snipe warlocks, you steal all their voidlords and then they can't really win anymore. It's not bad against paladin either since you clear the board so often.

It literally cannot beat mill rogue or jade druid though.

The combo version also beats warlocks well, but it's paladin matchup is worse and you just lose if they run geist so I don't like it as much.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Designer Insights: Upcoming Arena Changes

Each Arena pick in a draft will feature three cards of relatively equal power level, but different rarities.
Picks one, 10, 20, and 30 will continue to have a guaranteed Rare quality card or better.
The increased chance to see cards from the most recent expansion has been temporarily disabled in Update 10.4.
The new Arena cards that were decided on at BlizzCon will also be added in Update 10.4 for a limited time.
All cards that are excluded from the Arena draft pool remain unchanged.
Other existing Arena rules in place that affect appearance rates are unchanged.

0RS9HINEYMK21520039331020.jpg

• 2Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Designer Insights: Upcoming Arena Changes

Each Arena pick in a draft will feature three cards of relatively equal power level, but different rarities.
Picks one, 10, 20, and 30 will continue to have a guaranteed Rare quality card or better.
The increased chance to see cards from the most recent expansion has been temporarily disabled in Update 10.4.
The new Arena cards that were decided on at BlizzCon will also be added in Update 10.4 for a limited time.
All cards that are excluded from the Arena draft pool remain unchanged.
Other existing Arena rules in place that affect appearance rates are unchanged.

0RS9HINEYMK21520039331020.jpg

I have no faith in their ability to manage a game anymore. Too little, too late...I'm still playing some, but that is simply momentum. The new cards and season are the only thing that interest me and for the first time, I'm considering not even buying the basic teaser packs when they come out. I just wish there was a better run game out there.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have no faith in their ability to manage a game anymore. Too little, too late...I'm still playing some, but that is simply momentum. The new cards and season are the only thing that interest me and for the first time, I'm considering not even buying the basic teaser packs when they come out. I just wish there was a better run game out there.

Knocking off some of the grind has helped me in some ways. I'm more interested in starting around rank 7 every month than fighting thorough RnG shit from 16-17 up. I still don't play much and find Wild much more interesting. I have stopped trying to finish collections which is usually the last thing I do before I quit a game. I had one set of holiday achievements I needed when I last played WoW...8.5 years ago. I knew that was my Blue Star Kachina moment.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in a long while now, because of my complete lack of faith in their abilities as devs. I keep an eye on the game still to see if they surprise me with something good...like new formats, less rng, more depth and shit.

Also losing my interest in eternal now with the last few recent balance changes they did to that game, along with its forced deck design choices.

• 1Like