Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That's the good and bad parts of a new fluctuating meta. I had some amazing results with spite priest 3 days ago and the same deck I used today might not go 5-15 just based on adjustments. I love it but losing sucks lol

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Why do people insist on playing like their whole friggin hand when they could just go to your face and kill you? Never understood it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I haven't played since Classic, so I have like zero cards. I check out HSReplays and wanna craft Spiteful Druid and have like none of the cards. Is it either drop crazy cash on packs of cards, or just deal with not being able to make other decks? What's the best way I can start getting these cards?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I haven't played since Classic, so I have like zero cards. I check out HSReplays and wanna craft Spiteful Druid and have like none of the cards. Is it either drop crazy cash on packs of cards, or just deal with not being able to make other decks? What's the best way I can start getting these cards?

No easy way without dropping stacks of cash unfortunately.

I'd recommend getting Leeroy since he's classic and the Druid DK is really good too and goes in almost every druid deck... (only doesn't go in Hadronox decks atm)
You could skip Keleseth and sub him for something else unless you think you'll play a lot of Keleseth decks.

Spiteful Summoner is going to be the OP broken bitch-fest card this expansion and I recommend crafting them ASAP. You can make Spiteful Priest too, and there's even Spiteful Warrior lists floating around.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No easy way without dropping stacks of cash unfortunately.

I'd recommend getting Leeroy since he's classic and the Druid DK is really good too and goes in almost every druid deck... (only doesn't go in Hadronox decks atm)
You could skip Keleseth and sub him for something else unless you think you'll play a lot of Keleseth decks.

Spiteful Summoner is going to be the OP broken bitch-fest card this expansion and I recommend crafting them ASAP. You can make Spiteful Priest too, and there's even Spiteful Warrior lists floating around.
Hey Rav, what's your battle tag? Wouldn't mind spectating some games!

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So, I'm having decent luck (5-1 at rank 14) with this Overload shaman right now, it's main weakness is against psychic scream or mass dispel, which I'm not seeing a lot of priest decks playing, it's mostly spiteful priests.

The idea is to stall, board clear, and draw as much as possible until you get a 0-1 cost snowfury giant to play on turn 9-10 with fully buffed spellstones and ancestral spirit. The turn after you can play spirit echo on the board. It also has bogshaper + zap/forked lightning for minion draw. Zola is to generate more snowfurys if you happen to need them. You can also ancestral spirit earth elementals if it works out that way, but your main win condition is getting a board full of 8/8s that can't be hit with stuff like twisting nether.

Hearthstone Screenshot 04-17-18 20.53.10.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Easiest 10 to 5 just now. Control priest works really great right now.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I must say, I really really really despise games where its auto lose if you don't draw at least one board clear in the first 4 turns. Shit makes me rage hard.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Went 8-3 with the Spiteful Druid everyone's running. @ Rank 1 now. 2 losses to the mirror, 1 loss to cubelock. I replaced Mindbreaker with Skulking Geist to counter Taunt Druid / Cubes / Odd Rogues(Cold bloods/Deadly Poison/Hallucinations). Mindbreaker better if you face a lot of Odd Paladins, which I didn't face any, only saw Even Paladin last night, which isn't as big a deal.

I really think Spiteful is just too strong. I had Spiteful coin out on 5, followed by another on 6... get 2 10-drops with 2 4/4.
I had another game with Spiteful on 6 followed by another on 7
So 2 games out of 11 I had back-to-back Spiteful on curve.

My most common 10 drop is Ultrasaur. The 1 time I got a Tyrantus, Rogue had Vilespine. Got Deathwing once also.

It's a ridiculous blowout when you have Spiteful on curve... and moreso if 2.

Also the Druid list is a Keleseth deck, so you add yet another high-roll card if you can play it by turn 2.

Now there are times you just don't draw any of the high rolls, or you end up with your UIs in hand and then Spitefuls/Archavist do nothing, but more often than not you're going to be fine, and you still have Leeroy+Fungal for a minimum 10 damage burst to close out a game.

----------

All that said, I actually feel like my Token list is a little stronger overall. I beat Spiteful Druid with my Token list the 1 time I played it.. Not much of a sample size though. My Token list mainly loses to cubelock but I'm teching in Skulking Geist into most of my decks these days, so I don't think it's a huge disadvantage anymore.

The Spiteful deck relies on board control with very little comeback mechanics. When I lost to the mirror it's because they had a firm grasp on board and there was nothing I could do.

Tokens have a few comeback mechanics, mainly using Soul of the Forest with Wisps or Plague, but even just a Plague that can stick a few might allow you to buff+roar for a win.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I must say, I really really really despise games where its auto lose if you don't draw at least one board clear in the first 4 turns. Shit makes me rage hard.

If that's the case then you should be mulling aggressively for board clears. Just like how I play even pally. I mull any card that isn't call to arms with only very rare exceptions.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If that's the case then you should be mulling aggressively for board clears. Just like how I play even pally. I mull any card that isn't call to arms with only very rare exceptions.

This is literally what I am doing lol.

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
I don't think Shudderwock is a low % deck if you build it right and know when to use him. I've gone from rank 5 to 2 in maybe 20 games, mostly playing a few after doing the daily quest.

Hearthstone Screenshot 04-18-18 09.41.58.jpg

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Shudderwock is a low % deck if you build it right and know when to use him. I've gone from rank 5 to 2 in maybe 20 games, mostly playing a few after doing the daily quest.

View attachment 164952

Biggest problem with Shudderwock is the long-as-fuck setup time.
You have tons of delay tactics for sure, but you also lack significant board presence, and the meta decks right now excel with board presence and "stickyness".
A good tactic vs Shudder is flood board right at turn 9... forces them to use an Overload removal, thus locking out their Shudderwock at turn 10... this is if you haven't already won the game by turn 5.

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Shudderwock (it's not just an otk,) drake, and Hagatha win games against players using that tactic.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
well, you do technically get more exp...

I guess I could understand if it's like a play X class card daily. A lot of times though, I get people who will actually be placing cards real slow and deliberately like they haven't even bothered to look at my health and see that they can easily just kill me with what they have out already.

What do you high rankers do to build decks? Just buy a shit ton of cards at the beginning of each xpac?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I guess I could understand if it's like a play X class card daily. A lot of times though, I get people who will actually be placing cards real slow and deliberately like they haven't even bothered to look at my health and see that they can easily just kill me with what they have out already.

What do you high rankers do to build decks? Just buy a shit ton of cards at the beginning of each xpac?

Don't need tons of cards to get high rank, just need 1-2 decks that are good. So look at the current meta decks and craft one. Disenchant cards you'll never play (don't disenchant Legendaries though, cause you might get it again, thus wasting dust).

If your collection is really small, limit yourself to 2-3 classes and just disenchant cards from every other class you never intend to play... especially if the cards are from expansions that will rotate. Keep classic cards. Eventually by playing long enough, after a Rotation or so you should have a very decent "Standard" collection.

I usually buy the pre-order pack and maybe spend $20 additionally at some point if I REALLY want a Legendary to finish up a deck. So ~$70/expansion... however I spent $0 for Kobolds because I was tired of the meta.. I just played a shitton of Arena and acquired cards that way... need to get over 3 wins/run avg for it to be worth though.

• 1Like