Hearthstone

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is what i've been thinking. You see the list running janky spells like AVENGING WRATH... what... the... fuck???

One mana for a 1/1 is good, but not good enough to sacrifice not playing any odd cards. I think the only reason that deck is able to currently dominate is due to Call to Arms being super OP. If they nerf Call to Arms, which they should, even paladin is done.
For the games that I lose against even pally, it is because they run at perfect efficiency. They don't ever leave any mana on the board, they always have something to buff when they want it, and for the goals that they try to accomplish, the extra dude is always a good thing.

I've beat them quite a few times as Tempo Mage with Tony or Murlocs pally, but it usually seems to be because of my own God draw, or a perfect Tarim board on my side.

Playing Murlocs pally has been exhausting for me in terms of calming down my value-cravings. Every time I play a murloc card for just the body/stats, I cry inside, even while winning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
For the games that I lose against even pally, it is because they run at perfect efficiency. They don't ever leave any mana on the board, they always have something to buff when they want it, and for the goals that they try to accomplish, the extra dude is always a good thing.

I've beat them quite a few times as Tempo Mage with Tony or Murlocs pally, but it usually seems to be because of my own God draw, or a perfect Tarim board on my side.

Playing Murlocs pally has been exhausting for me in terms of calming down my value-cravings. Every time I play a murloc card for just the body/stats, I cry inside, even while winning.

If Even Pal doesn't get their CtA I think it loses pretty bad. At least murloc has Divine Favor as backup.
But yea, 1 mana dudes you squeeze in definitely help, and you can do a dude+steed on 7 instead of 8, or dude+kings on 5 instead of 6, so it does help you curve faster... I mean.. the deck is good for sure, but I'm not surprised Murloc is actually 1% better in the stats.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are we allowed to complain about the complete lack of impact of the expansion/rotation on the meta now?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Redownloaded the game, completely skipping standard/wild thinking of giving arena another go though. Been trying out the solo adventures they added and I have to admit they are fun, just first attempted the new witchwood one with rogue (and completed it). Was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aaubert

Redownloaded the game, completely skipping standard/wild thinking of giving arena another go though. Been trying out the solo adventures they added and I have to admit they are fun, just first attempted the new witchwood one with rogue. Was a lot of fun.
I dicked around with the rogue for a little bit today - then I tried the mage. I'm so angry at the mage option. "Hey, you like random highrolls? Here's a class that is made to do nothing but random high rolls, and we even gave you a 2nd chance button so you can do more random high rolls!"

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Doing them in quest order. Finished first guy second try, on the second guy atm.

Cannon guy seems interesting, but it doesn't have enough support for the cannons

Some of the treasure stuff is neat. Some of the bosses are rough

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Up to rank 2 with Odd Control Warrior. Figured quest Rogue would have smacked me down by now but it hasn't shown up. Missed legend against taunt Druid, a hugely favorable matchup, because Brawl on a full board left Lich King on his side twice, and every single Lich King proc made a Frostmourne, so even though I have 50 health I just die to 15 straight turns of 6 damage to the face.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaubert

Up to rank 2 with Odd Control Warrior. Figured quest Rogue would have smacked me down by now but it hasn't shown up. Missed legend against taunt Druid, a hugely favorable matchup, because Brawl on a full board left Lich King on his side twice, and every single Lich King proc made a Frostmourne, so even though I have 50 health I just die to 15 straight turns of 6 damage to the face.
Please tell me you have a Replay of that game. That's so incredibly hilariously demoralizing. I'd have had to laugh and then throw something, then laugh, then take a walk.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did the solo queue dungeon boss shit they added and for the most part it was pretty easy. I think 2 of the 4 I one shorted the adventure and then was just frustrated I had to run 2 extra games for no reason.

Then after I knocked out the first 3 super easy I did it as Toki and goddamn does that RNG faggot shit make me hope that someone Allah Ahkbars Bliz HQ.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I finished Monster Hunt. I feel like it's not as good as Dungeon Run. The classes are meh, and their unique things don't have enough consistent support to be cool

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I finished Monster Hunt. I feel like it's not as good as Dungeon Run. The classes are meh, and their unique things don't have enough consistent support to be cool

Plaguemaster Rancel as like the last dude is a total cocksucker too.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm finding Monster Hunt a lot easier than Dungeon Run.

One shotted Tess. Two shotted Genn. Three shotted Shaw. Took me days to finish Dungeon Run.

• 1Like

Aaubert

I missed 9 different lethals? Holy shit. No wonder I'm stuck at rank 19. :(
Heh, it's much easier to see in a replay.

There are a lot of small things that I think come with just paying closer attention.

For one turn, right after you Tarim'd , you had three different 3/3s on the board, and a Kings in hand, meaning you had 13 dmg on board - while he had 12 HP.

After that I saw smaller things - like ordering and placement for when you put down dudes and knifechuckers, or put down dudes and swung with your silver sword.

Goodness knows how many mistakes I have to be making.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I missed 9 different lethals? Holy shit. No wonder I'm stuck at rank 19. :(
I didn't watch it all cause on tablet but turn 10 I saw he had 6 health and you had Truesilver+consecrate... you slammed Tirion instead. I recommend forcing yourself to take 15 seconds minimum before doing anything each turn, especially in later turns. You'll find lethal more often.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Gotta slam Tyrone whenever possible!

shit-tyrone.jpg

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Heh, it's much easier to see in a replay.

There are a lot of small things that I think come with just paying closer attention.

For one turn, right after you Tarim'd , you had three different 3/3s on the board, and a Kings in hand, meaning you had 13 dmg on board - while he had 12 HP.

After that I saw smaller things - like ordering and placement for when you put down dudes and knifechuckers, or put down dudes and swung with your silver sword.

Goodness knows how many mistakes I have to be making.

I don't think he had mana for tarim+kings? Was on 9 right? But his trades were out of order, could have saved a 3/3 if he hit tortollan after the other taunt... and could have put 3 more face

• 1Like