Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't really help, you fundamentally can't beat Ultimate Infestation with a control deck. Cubelock can win these matchups because they can go aggro with Doomguards, but pure control can't. Priest presents the same problem as you have to beat three Mind Controls. (one off Archivist) That's easier than beating UI which is why spiteful Priest is only a very bad matchup while spiteful Druid is hopeless.

Three mind controls? Archivist consumes the card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It wouldn't really help, you fundamentally can't beat Ultimate Infestation with a control deck. Cubelock can win these matchups because they can go aggro with Doomguards, but pure control can't. Priest presents the same problem as you have to beat three Mind Controls. (one off Archivist) That's easier than beating UI which is why spiteful Priest is only a very bad matchup while spiteful Druid is hopeless.

Control can beat UI....

How does UI beat Control? This game hasn't had a good "Control" deck in a while (outside warlock). I played Control Paladin last year during Un'Goro meta (got top 50 Legend with it), but Control Warrior has been garbage for a while. Everything for the past year or so has been very aggressive/tempo based. UI is a tempo card for sure. A good Control deck would laugh as you draw yourself to fatigue. Unfortunately there just isn't room for a Control deck right now. Game is way too fast.

Control lock/cubelocks are the only viable options. But everyone knows Warlock is busted anyways, they are the only class that can be a control deck right now simply because they have enough board clears to handle it. Control decks need enough board clears to handle the meta.

I do think Warrior is closer to a viable control deck, and paladin probably could be too, but why play control paladin when you have Call to Arms.

It's the cheat meta. If you aren't cheating, you're doing something wrong. Call to Arms, Spiteful, Lackey/Weapon... The main decks all cheat.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am so close to legend and yet so far. I cant find a deck that gets me there D:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Tempostorm tier list sucks though.

The best pure control deck right now I'd say is big spell mage. The new cards in the expansion actually make it stronger despite it losing ice block, just straight up loses to combo though so if you're seeing a lot of cubes I'd avoid it.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tempostorm copies from the stat sites, this meta snapshot matches HSreplay almost exactly... just ordering is different. 4 of 5 match Vicious Syndicate.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fuck this American Inventor game in the cunt. That is all.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have reset the same fucking rank three billion times now. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have reset the same fucking rank three billion times now. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I'm hovering between rank 2 and 3 again and again and again. It's close enough to rank 1 that it feels like it should be worth it to just push forward. But.....

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The reality is there is just no reward for getting legend. Considering the grind it takes, it's really nuts

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I'm hovering between rank 2 and 3 again and again and again. It's close enough to rank 1 that it feels like it should be worth it to just push forward. But.....
Thats where I am too. It sucks balls lol.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nothing works. get close to 1 and then back to 3. OVER AND OVER.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Tired of raging at this pos. Rage quit in progress. Going to take like an hour to disenchant all this shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You just have to relax. It's like baseball, you're going to lose games. Just relax and play. Sometimes think about not changing decks, but just changing a card or two in your deck based on what you're playing against. If you can not tilt you'll get there

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Legend is not worth it...except the first time. It feels good when you get it, but then you never have to grind it out again and I think it gets easier to achieve from then on.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was doing the same thing for like 3 days. Murloc Paladin pushed me to Legend. ymmv
Murloc Paladin - HSReplay.net

Edit: Actually I think I used this version with the Amalgams: Murloc Paladin - HSReplay.net

I'd also consider Even Paladin or Odd Rogue too
I cycled mind blast priest, odd rogue, even paladin and murloc paladin. I gyrated between 2 and 3 for a week and then between 1 and 2 for a week. My solution to the amount of rage this has caused is final and irreversible. Good fucking riddance.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty