Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't stop Origin Origin from coming back. You need to dust and replace! Find something else that fills whatever hole Hearthstone was.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I cycled mind blast priest, odd rogue, even paladin and murloc paladin. I gyrated between 2 and 3 for a week and then between 1 and 2 for a week. My solution to the amount of rage this has caused is final and irreversible. Good fucking riddance.

hah, well good luck with your newfound freedom.
No longer shackled to the walls of hearthstone.
May you avoid the rage in your other games

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Tempostorm tier list sucks though.

The best pure control deck right now I'd say is big spell mage. The new cards in the expansion actually make it stronger despite it losing ice block, just straight up loses to combo though so if you're seeing a lot of cubes I'd avoid it.
I've been playing lot of big spell mage. Match up depends lot on your tech cards (ex: Geist, ooze) cuz with double ooze double morph I was getting good results vs cube locks. They were never able to cheat a doomguard with enough mana to cube it. My bad match-up were face odd hunter and aggro/secret mage.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
wormie wormie , I understand completely and I quit the grind almost immediately. As mentioned, it isn't worth it and I HATE losing to random shit. I climbed to 2 with undertaker hunter and if you can't grind out with that fast, broken deck...you just aren't getting there. I was super close but it's just not worth it. I don't even care if I hit past 8-9 now. As long as I start back above 11, I don't give a shit anymore. Too much Wild meant I had to climb from scratch this month but I'm under 11 at least. Getting to 9 and back to experimenting.

On other notes, I love me some Cube after this expansion(was slightly burned out) and I hope the deck starts to die down. Nothing is worse than playing that fucking cancer quest rogue as a control/combo deck. Broken fucking PoS deck that should have been nerfed harder after the first time it shit all over the meta. I hate seeing it come back and wouldn't mind another year of aggro just to keep it away.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I've been playing lot of big spell mage. Match up depends lot on your tech cards (ex: Geist, ooze) cuz with double ooze double morph I was getting good results vs cube locks. They were never able to cheat a doomguard with enough mana to cube it. My bad match-up were face odd hunter and aggro/secret mage.

This is my experience with it as well.
I totally stomp on taunt druid / lock as long as I get my geist and poly early. I get shit on by secret mage and it's not even close.

Very satisfying to remove their naturalize and then poly the hardonox. Insta concede right there.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
wormie wormie , I understand completely and I quit the grind almost immediately. As mentioned, it isn't worth it and I HATE losing to random shit. I climbed to 2 with undertaker hunter and if you can't grind out with that fast, broken deck...you just aren't getting there. I was super close but it's just not worth it. I don't even care if I hit past 8-9 now. As long as I start back above 11, I don't give a shit anymore. Too much Wild meant I had to climb from scratch this month but I'm under 11 at least. Getting to 9 and back to experimenting.

On other notes, I love me some Cube after this expansion(was slightly burned out) and I hope the deck starts to die down. Nothing is worse than playing that fucking cancer quest rogue as a control/combo deck. Broken fucking PoS deck that should have been nerfed harder after the first time it shit all over the meta. I hate seeing it come back and wouldn't mind another year of aggro just to keep it away.

This is how you should enjoy this dumb game!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Didn't stop Origin Origin from coming back. You need to dust and replace! Find something else that fills whatever hole Hearthstone was.

It may sound weird, but... part of the reason why i came back was because i wanted to "train" myself to NOT tilt so much. Not just in terms of the game, but as a psychological exercise for general application.

As for the game, i can't say that i don't like it. It ticks all of my need boxes. It's pretty casual, in that it doesn't require long sittings and i can go away from the comp/phone/tablet at any given point and not really lose much progress, it's very accessible, and it can be competitive/challenging when i want it to. I wish i could still play MMOs, but that's not possible, so something second rate will have to do.

Another part of the reason for my coming back was that i wanted to hit Legend, to prove to myself that i could. And i did last season - after returning, so i'm good with rank wtfever from now on.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It may sound weird, but... part of the reason why i came back was because i wanted to "train" myself to NOT tilt so much. Not just in terms of the game, but as a psychological exercise for general application.

As for the game, i can't say that i don't like it. It ticks all of my need boxes. It's pretty casual, in that it doesn't require long sittings and i can go away from the comp/phone/tablet at any given point and not really lose much progress, it's very accessible, and it can be competitive/challenging when i want it to. I wish i could still play MMOs, but that's not possible, so something second rate will have to do.

Another part of the reason for my coming back was that i wanted to hit Legend, to prove to myself that i could. And i did last season - after returning, so i'm good with rank wtfever from now on.

And this is why I still play. It's way too accessible.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Have you guys no respect for your devices' batteries?

My tablet lasts a long time on Hearthstone actually lol..

Deleted it from my phone because I'm still only rocking 32GB and need space. After new phone might reinstall.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Have you found any other games ever that check all those boxes? Or just hearthstone?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
A big box for me is the mobile requirement. There's a lot of mobile games but few have the pc/ twitch/ competitive crossover... even though pubg (and fortnite?) have mobile versions, they aren't as friendly about time commitment, and the experience feels cheapened compared to pc.

I'm definitely a person drawn to popular games and a presence on twitch is nice.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man am I getting fucking TIRED of playing cubelocks. That deck is extremely frustrating to play against and also not very rarely enjoyable in general. There's soooo many of them on the ladder.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Have you found any other games ever that check all those boxes? Or just hearthstone?

Well, the boxes change over time, right? What my needs/wants were is different from what they are now. When i had more time, MMOs, particularly EQ and WoW, ticked all of my boxes and i always had a helluva time.

Recently, i've not found anything that's comparable to HS, in terms of what i need now. And i say that having looked pretty hard. I've tried anywhere between 20 and 30 different games, in different genres, during my HS hiatus - over the past year - and nothing has come even close.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
First VS report of expansion/rotation:
Tableau Public

So funny, Murloc Paladin is the top win rate deck at ranks 5-1 & Legend.
I have contemplated WHY is Even Paladin "the best" when you can't run Odd cards? a 1 mana hero power doesn't seem strong enough to cut some odd cards to me... which is why I rolled Murlocs for my Legend push.. (and I didn't want to craft Genn).

It's baffled me why Even Pal is played, Call to Arms makes Paladin good.. period. Odd Paladin makes some sense cause the board flood is hard to keep up with, every other Paladin deck runs off CtA

edit: Not saying Even paladin is bad, but is Genn worth it? The deck has a good win rate. Big reason is because most of Pal key cards are Even anyway, so you don't lose much... but I've always thought you could run a normal aggro paladin and still do just as good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, the boxes change over time, right? What my needs/wants were is different from what they are now. When i had more time, MMOs, particularly EQ and WoW, ticked all of my boxes and i always had a helluva time.

Recently, i've not found anything that's comparable to HS, in terms of what i need now. And i say that having looked pretty hard. I've tried anywhere between 20 and 30 different games, in different genres, during my HS hiatus - over the past year - and nothing has come even close.
If they ever release a mobile client, I think gwent could replace Hearthstone in that regard. I don't think it will ever be as popular though.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
First VS report of expansion/rotation:
Tableau Public

So funny, Murloc Paladin is the top win rate deck at ranks 5-1 & Legend.
I have contemplated WHY is Even Paladin "the best" when you can't run Odd cards? a 1 mana hero power doesn't seem strong enough to cut some odd cards to me... which is why I rolled Murlocs for my Legend push.. (and I didn't want to craft Genn).

It's baffled me why Even Pal is played, Call to Arms makes Paladin good.. period. Odd Paladin makes some sense cause the board flood is hard to keep up with, every other Paladin deck runs off CtA

edit: Not saying Even paladin is bad, but is Genn worth it? The deck has a good win rate. Big reason is because most of Pal key cards are Even anyway, so you don't lose much... but I've always thought you could run a normal aggro paladin and still do just as good.

This is what i've been thinking. You see the list running janky spells like AVENGING WRATH... what... the... fuck???

One mana for a 1/1 is good, but not good enough to sacrifice not playing any odd cards. I think the only reason that deck is able to currently dominate is due to Call to Arms being super OP. If they nerf Call to Arms, which they should, even paladin is done.

• 1Like