Hearthstone

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
To each their own. But the consensus among a lot of the pros is that the meta is shit. The card pool is so small and one deck is dominating and limiting too many others.

Introduce a ranked format that uses the worlds format exactly. You field a line up of four decks with one ban and must win with each deck to win the match. Paladin's OP? Ban Paladin.

Continuing to balance the game around a best of one format when competitive play uses multiple classes and has for almost the game's entire history just doesn't make much sense to me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the honest problem is that the new set meant so little to the current meta. Seeing the same decks played (Warlock)that I saw 3 months ago is just old. Warlock is just so strong that a player cannot experiment with any other decks and even have a 30% win chance. If there were 5-6 good decks, then it might not be so bad. Because the Warlock deck is so strong and it is from the last set, everyone has it and so they play it. A new set usually brings in a much more influential change.

In short, the latest expansion was a serious dud.

ANY new format would be nice at this point. They keep trying to fix Arena without understanding that the Arena design would never really work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the problem is that decks aren't really that unique. There are relatively few class cards in most, and tons of the same neutrals. The class cards just aren't good enough

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Playing Cubelock versus Even Pally. He had me up on the ropes, then I copied his Tirion. He silenced mine, and I cubed it, and proceeded to faceless copy one of them. By the time it was over I had spawned 5 Tirions.

Feels good man.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn Cubelocks! Had a game last night where the opponent Cubelock dropped Guldan on 10 with 7 Doomguards. No lie.

Fuck that shit lol!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Turned on HCT for a few minutes before I leave for work and caught this clip. This pretty much sums up Hearthstone at the moment

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Not really. Only a few half-decent games. Cubelock, Quest Rogue, Spiteful Druid and Even Paladin decks make up like 90% of the competition. Also, they were showing a bunch of randos play while decent matches were going on.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This Wild Deck is some hilarious bullshit rofl. I'd honestly quit the game encountering this.

• 3Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
They definitely are. I pretty much only play wild anymore.

Prefer control? The options are better and more diverse in wild
Prefer combo? Totally viable in wild.
Prefer aggro? Faster and more overpowered low cost drops and faster games as you know whether you've won or lost on turn 4 or 5.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The nerfs are in:

Upcoming Balance Changes - May 2018

TLDR:
  • Naga Sea Witch will cost 8 mana, up from 5. Meh.
  • Spiteful Summoner will cost 7 mana, up from 6... What a garbage nerf. That shit will still get played, np.
  • Dark Pact now heals for 4 instead of 8, still costs 1 mana, still kills the minion, still usable in combo with Cubes and Lackeys. Decent nerf in terms of the heal, but i don't think it's enough, especially compared to the Lackey nerf.
  • Possessed Lackey will cost 6 mana instead of 5. Considering how powerful the combo is with Dark Pact, i don't think that this nerf is enough. Utter bullshit. Warlock will just run more defensive flex choices in order to ensure survival until Lackey can be dropped.
  • Call to Arms will cost 5 mana, up from 4. I think this is a good nerf and it's going to gut Even paladin completely. Obviously this will be a boon to Odd Paladin, but considering it can only summon 1 drops, it won't have nearly as big of an impact as it did in Even Paladin. I really like this nerf and the impact it has on the current meta. The funny thing is that the only reason this is not a completely brainless nerf, like ALL of the others in this batch, is because of the Odd/Even decks that paladin utilizes.
  • Crystal Core (Rogue Quest) will now turn all your minions into 4/4s, instead of 5/5s. Ugh... I'm not sure, honestly. It's a powerful nerf, but completion of the quest is so overwhelming that i think the deck will still remain relevant against its good matchups. It's a polar deck anyways. Decks that it beats, it destroys, and decks that beat it, destroy it. No idea... but it'll probably die out.
Overall, i can't believe the Hearthstone team can't come up with anything more creative than this sack of garbage nerfs. I guess that's what you get when dealing with an Indie company... oh, wait, no...

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'd have loved to see Cubelock destroyed. Also Spiteful Summoner isn't hit hard enough for my liking.
But the rest of the nerfs seem decent.

However, I predict Murloc Paladin just takes over completely now. Even Paladin is probably dead, but I've been surprised before.
Odd Paladin might still run it, and Odd Paladin doesn't really get hit by any of the nerfs. If anything they get a 5 mana draw+play 3.

Crystal Core is a huge nerf. That's 8 hits to a hero as opposed to 6. Division by 4 is much different than 5. Now it takes 3 hits to get through a Voidlord instead of 2. Also easy Flamestrikes and other 4 damage AoE stuff (Godfrey). I think this probably kills it.

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I think that all of these nerfs are really good for my Quest Warrior deck.

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Slowing down the Cubelock will definitely help. But it's not eough. Dark Pack should have been only targeting friendly demons. That would have been better. But you are right. Cubelock will just run more early defense to survive until the Lackey play. Will still be strong.

Summoner nerf isn't even that much of a nerf. But it will get weaker with more expansions in standard. As of now there just isn't anything you can do about a turn 5 Deathwing or even worse. Tyrantus which is essentially impossible to remove on turn 5/6 and if it gets summoned its you lose.

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
6 mana 16/16 vs 7 mana 16/16... huge nerfs (/sarcasm). That's the way i see it. The druid version has enough tempo to not even need Summoner a lot of the time.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The cubelock nerfs are huge in comparison to some of the others. Halving the heal is significant. Slowing that combo by a turn is also. You waste a turn and a card for 4 health and to cheat out at best a 9 drop? That's not nearly as powerful. Cube can still pull off the nuts on turn six but it isn't quite as one sided now. Even pally is going to be much different as is odd. Odd definitely can't use call nearly as well but its still a powerful effect.

Spiteful nerf is pathetic. So now an effect that values around 11-12sh costs 7 instead of 6. Great job.....

Quest rogue...I'm still not sure about. Definitely a lot weaker but damn was it oppressive. They really have no clue how to balance this game. An 80 IQ autist could see cubelock was going to be too powerful...so they made Godfrey, and voodoo doll. Retards.

• 1Like