Hearthstone

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Oh lovely, an OTK has been discovered that only requires 8 mana and 7 cards. Sounds like a lot, but an OTK is an OTK and the fact it's before 10 mana and needs 0 setup (other than tons of draw) is a big deal.

r/hearthstone - Explanation of Trump's Test Subject OTK (more or less the gist of it)
i5ihdky7zud11.png

If you can't decipher the image --- All of that happens in the same turn, eventually creating a 32/1 charging boar (5x Divines on Boar). Topsy kills Test Subject due to the 0 Atk.

8 mana due to the cost reductions from Radiants
It's also only 7 cards because you need only 1 Divine Spirit to start the combo.

If you think Taunts will work, remember they can add in Mass Dispell, which will be discounted / possibly free.

If Armor gain is an issue, I assume you can do 1 more rotation to add more Divine Spirits to hand, right now the combo for 32 dmg is 7 cards in hand, you could also put down Boar ahead of time and Mass Dispell ahead of time (if its discounted), and potentially get up to 9 Divine Spirits = 512/1 Boar.

(Edit: 1 correction is I assumed Vivid could be "thrown away" by casting on a minion even if board is full, but sounds like you can't, which means 5 divines might be maximum since Vivids will start clogging hand.. but maybe there's a workaround... someone suggested adding an unholy smite for some infinite 2dmg pings and you can kill off some minions for board space maybe, idk)

If necessary you can deal 512 damage and have it split across two 256/1 bodies to beat a taunt, but it requires 9 cards so not sure how viable that actually is. With a hand of 2x Radiant, Topsy, 2x DS, Boar, Test Subject, 2x Vivid:

You cast two Radiants and Test Subject, then cast the first Vivid on Radiant for -3 cost, then cast the second on Test Subject after casting Divine Spirits. That gives you 2 Test Subjects with 2x DS and 1x Vivid under them, Topsy the first one to get those four cards back, then Vivid the second to get two Test Subject with 2x DS, 2x Vivid under them. Your hand is now just Boar and Topsy. Topsy a Test Subject, and your hand becomes Boar, Topsy, 2x DS, 2x Vivid. Cast 2x DS and Vivid on the other Test Subject to get two Test Subjects with 4x DS and 3x Vivid under them. Topsy the first one to get a hand of Boar, Topsy, 4x DS, 3x Vivid. Cast Boar, dump 4x DS on it, waste two Vivids on it to free up space in your hand, then Topsy your second Test Subject. That returns 4x DS, 3x Vivid, Topsy. Cast four more DS on any Boar, Topsy it, then Vivid it for two 256/1s to attack with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Valen otk was never good, this isn’t good, trump isn’t good at deck building.

K bud.
1.) Velen OTK was decent, some players getting top 50 with it. Its not good NOW but it was good for a brief moment.
2.) This combo is a lot different, and easier/better to pull off than Velen OTK
3.) Trump didnt build this.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think that Divine spirit priest will be a thing but not in janky otk style. Just a solid deck that tries to stick something then kill you

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This thread is nearly off the 1st page and expansion is tomorrow.

This is the least excited I've been for a HS expansion ever lol.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Me dusting everything was clearly the death knell.

• 1Smuggly

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Eh, I'm somewhat excited with this expac. More so than the Witchwood. There's going to be some hilarious broken shit right away, the question is how broken and how long will it take to get nerfed. If the answer is VERY broken, and WEEKS, then I foresee a large exodus from the game. The pattern has become too obvious at this point.

I think the hunter bomb deck will be pretty aids, and look forward to playing it. The really annoying shit will be the various OTK decks from Druid, Priest, and Shaman people will find. Considering how Blizzard has said they don't like charge or OTK; having them print cards that essentially now do both of those things in magnetic and all the duplicate effects is pretty hilarious.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
If you get upgradeable framebot on 2 and it doesn't get hit, you can coin out coppertail impostor next turn, then double divine + topsy turvy next turn for 4 mana. Doing 36 damage on 4 mana is pretty broken, but it also requires drawing the nuts almost exactly. I'm pretty sure silence priest back in UnGoro (I think) could draw something similar that early if they got lucky.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Coppertail isn't magnetic, so it has to be played first then buffed. If you Shadow Visions a third divine spirit on 2 or 3 before drawing them both you could triple divine spirit with coin on turn 5 for 32 damage.

I have a feeling Divine Spirit Inner Fire priest is going to be a very real thing like it was a few expansions ago

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Damn, them posting it on the left like that made me assume. Sad!

Plenty of decks will be fast enough to kill on turn 7 in the coming meta I think.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm either going to just do some Arena or play whatever OTK deck seems to be strongest.

I haven't saved enough to buy as many packs and don't want to spend anymore cash, so there's a good chance I wont open any decent Legendaries. I basically got all my missing Witchwood legendaries from spamming arena lol. (I did buy the promo for WW though and got a good head start)

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I've not preordered and i won't be spending any money on this expansion, despite the fact that it does seem a lot better than WW.

I have like 5k gold, 3k dust and a bunch of useless, disenchantable cards. Going to focus on one deck, most likely some otk druid or maybe mech war. I'm close to getting them golden.

Other than that, same old shit. Same hype as any expansions. Same stale product. They need to start doing some innovating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Watching Dog play the OTK priest deck .. only downside is I won't be able to do it on a tablet lol...
He made 2x 96/1 boars pretty easy just now... makes 2-3 boars consistently, can get through a couple taunts if needed even without silence

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Watching Dog play the OTK priest deck .. only downside is I won't be able to do it on a tablet lol...
He made 2x 96/1 boars pretty easy just now... makes 2-3 boars consistently, can get through a couple taunts if needed even without silence
Yeah, I'm watching him as well. The deck is actually legitimately retarded and really consistent, and he's getting it off early as fuck

You do have to play really fast though

• 1Like